• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
Why do we suddenly assume noibat is evolving despite zero hints towards it?

They flat-out showed noivern on the poster, before even hinting at Sylveon. Logically that means Noivern comes before Sylveon.

Regardless they really dont seem to care, so it shouldnt be a surprise that it's evolving despite being a baby.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm not buying the whole evolution due to marketing. Noibat is a leveling up evolution, Sylveon is a make it love me and stuff its face with pokepuffs evolution. Makes sense it would evolve before Noibat.

AlexTogekiss

Well, I guess that in the XYZ poster they didn't showed an evolved Eevee because Serena didn't had her when it got revealed. They showed Noibat as a Noivern because it was already on the team. I hope that means that the little bat it's gonna have a little more development from now on *prays*

dman_dustin

I'm not buying the whole evolution due to marketing. Noibat is a leveling up evolution, Sylveon is a make it love me and stuff its face with pokepuffs evolution. Makes sense it would evolve before Noibat.

Um no, Eevee still evolves by leveling up but with special conditions love and a fairy move.

Noibat evolves only by leveling up.

Noibat is easier to evolve than Eevee into Sylveon because Noibat has no special condition to evolve.

The only evolutions where the Pokemon evolves immediately are stone based evolutions and trade evolutions.

Everything else is level based evolution with or without special conditions.

Captain America X

Um no, Eevee still evolves by leveling up but with special conditions love and a fairy move.

Noibat evolves only by leveling up.

Noibat is easier to evolve than Eevee into Sylveon because Noibat has no special condition to evolve.

The only evolutions where the Pokemon evolves immediately are stone based evolutions and trade evolutions.

Everything else is level based evolution with or without special conditions.
Eevee can evolve by the 2nd,10th or 30th level.Noibat evolves by the 48th level.

It's so much more easier getting a Sylveon than a Noivern especially when you consider that Noibat is a baby and Eevee is not.

Just because Sylveon has a special condition doesn't make it harder to get when said special condition is ridiculously easy to get in the first place and the amount of leveling up required is nowhere near as much as Noivern requires.

dman_dustin

Eevee can evolve by the 2nd,10th or 30th level.Noibat evolves by the 48th level.

It's so much more easier getting a Sylveon than a Noivern especially when you consider that Noibat is a baby and Eevee is not.

Just because Sylveon has a special condition doesn't make it harder to get when said special condition is ridiculously easy to get in the first place and the amount of leveling up required is nowhere near as much as Noivern requires.

You do realize you catch Noibat at level 44 right? (not counting Safari Zones) That's only 4 levels if you catch one in Victory Road its past the level it evolves.

And if you never use Pokemon Amie, your Eevee will never evolve into Sylveon.

If you didn't cheat and looked it up or spend hours testing every theory, your Eevee would take longer to evolve. Secondly if you didn't know Eevee needed a fairy type......

Don't let hindsight make it seem like Eevee evolving into Sylveon is easier than Noibat.

Noibat will always start to evolve at level 48 regardless of the circumstances (not counting everstones, obviously), so no Noibat is easier to evolve than Eevee at least into Sylveon.

Eevee is more likely to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon than Sylveon.

Edit: Just because Eevee could become Sylveon at a much earlier level, doesn't mean its easier. Pancham starts to evolve at 32, doesn't mean it won't take someone until level 100 to realize it needs a dark type as well to evolve.

Little Hero

You do realize you catch Noibat at level 44 right? (not counting Safari Zones) That's only 4 levels if you catch one in Victory Road its past the level it evolves.

If you didn't cheat and looked it up or spend hours testing every theory, your Eevee would take longer to evolve. Secondly if you didn't know Eevee needed a fairy type......

Don't let hindsight make it seem like Eevee evolving into Sylveon is easier than Noibat.

Noibat will always start to evolve at level 48 regardless of the circumstances (not counting everstones, obviously), so no Noibat is easier to evolve than Eevee at least into Sylveon.

Edit: Just because Eevee could become Sylveon at a much earlier level, doesn't mean its easier. Pancham starts to evolve at 32, doesn't mean it won't take someone until level 100 to realize it needs a dark type as well to evolve.

I don't really think that the whole 'you can catch Noibat at Lv. 44' applies here.

Either way, while I agree that unless you know the conditions to get their evolutions, Eevee and Pancham by default still evolve earlier than Noibat if we play by game mechanics, the only thing that holds them back are the conditions to evolve, the same way a Pikachu only evolves with a Thunderstone and once you find it, presto! instant Raichu.

Still don't know why we keep using this logic with the anime but I can understand it.

I say Noibat can stay a Noibat for now...it doesn't need to prove anything. Yet.

Captain America X

The only way getting a Noivern is easier than getting a Noibat is if :

1)You caught a high level Noibat
2)You got traded a high level Noibat
3)Someone never bothered to check on how to get a Sylveon which if he actually wanted to get,would have checked in the first place.

So yeah,in that extremely specific scenario it is a lot harder to get a Sylveon than a Noivern.So your right,in that extremely specific scenario.In general or a large majority would find it is so much more easier to get a Sylveon than a Noivern unless your saying that people in general or the majority of players don't check to see how they are suppose to evolve a pokemon.

But let's look at the scenario in the anime :

1) Ash's Noibat was caught as a baby and has not been used much meaning it does not have much experience
2) Serena's Eevee already has the friendship requirement(both normally and the pokepuff version) checked.All it needs is a fairy type move and a battle to evolve which it might be getting here.

In this scenario it is so much more easier to get a Sylveon than a Noivern .

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Noibat better evolve here. How is it fair the screentime hog evolves before him? He was caught before her and ignored in favor of her. -.-

Captain America X

Noibat better evolve here. How is it fair the screentime hog evolves before him? He was caught before her and ignored in favor of her. -.-

I don't see how Noibat was ignored in favor of Eevee.She only has had 5 focus/semi-focus eps,and only one of those was not needed since the other 4 was.

1)Her capture episode
2)A Serena focused episode that Eevee was used the most
3)A performance,a Serena focused episode
4)A performance,a Serena focused episode.

Also the fact that she has more screentime than Noibat who is a baby makes way more sense as of why she evolved first.That's not even counting how easy it is to evolve an Eevee into a Sylveon.

Also I don't see how Noibat evolving here in it's 3rd focus episode is the best option when it could use a few more focus episodes prior to evolving.

Dax

Legend
I'm not surprised Noibat is getting paid dust. In fact, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noibat feel irrelevant now that all the battles and focus feature Greninja. An Infernape sized mess.

Captain America X

I'm not surprised Noibat is getting paid dust. In fact, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noibat feel irrelevant now that all the battles and focus feature Greninja. An Infernape sized mess.

Prior to the Olympia Gym battle Greninja was one of the least focused starters though.It's only now getting it's focus.Infernape's focus started from the beginning.

Heck prior to that Hawlucha and Talonflame had more battles than Greninja when it was a Frogadier.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Oh please. Eevee and Serena needed those episodes for their development. Noibat evolving now would be bad writing IMHO since it hardly ever battles.

Janovy

Banned
Prior to the Olympia Gym battle Greninja was one of the least focused starters though.It's only now getting it's focus.Infernape's focus started from the beginning.

Heck prior to that Hawlucha and Talonflame had more battles than Greninja when it was a Frogadier.
The truth.

This is nothing like Infernape.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Not really, he was used frequently yes but he appeared so much because of the rivalry with Shinji and when it became an Infernape it was just the Infernape show, Hawlucha hasn't gotten an episode for himself in a while(besides when it helped Noibat), Talonflame was popping baloons till it evolve, all we see is Greninja, Greninja, Greninja I think that is what Dax means, it seems like the future will be like just like when Infernape evolved, lets hope not but it seems they don't want to develop anything else with Hawlucha, Talonflame(their stories seem to be done), Noibat will evolve and that might just be it but Greninja actually has a storyline going like Infernape so they will focus on that.

See guys, having 6 pokemon is not different than having 10 when you have 6 and they don't get episodes either.

Last edited:

04n70n10

Every pokemon have their focused-period. For example Hawnlucha now is missing, in the past Frogadier wasn't used frequently. Now Ash tend to use more Nobait over Talonflame for the classic scouting role. This is why for this Kalos saga writers prefer to give only 5 pokemons to Ash, for develop decently well all of then one time or another.

AshSerena

Every pokemon have their focused-period. For example Hawnlucha now is missing, in the past Frogadier wasn't used frequently. Now Ash tend to use more Nobait over Talonflame for the classic scouting role. This is why for this Kalos saga writers prefer to give only 5 pokemons to Ash, for develop decently well all of then one time or another.

Wow! i forgot about Hawlucha all this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.