• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

Not really, he was used frequently yes but he appeared so much because of the rivalry with Shinji and when it became an Infernape it was just the Infernape show, Hawlucha hasn't gotten an episode for himself in a while(besides when it helped Noibat), Talonflame was popping baloons till it evolve, all we see is Greninja, Greninja, Greninja I think that is what Dax means, it seems like the future will be like just like when Infernape evolved, lets hope not but it seems they don't want to develop anything else with Hawlucha, Talonflame(their stories seem to be done), Noibat will evolve and that might just be it but Greninja actually has a storyline going like Infernape so they will focus on that.

See guys, having 6 pokemon is not different than having 10 when you have 6 and they don't get episodes either.

But even then it was still a lot more focus compared to the others,all evolving did was just increase it to an absurd amount.As a Chimchar alone the guy took part in 5 gyms(4 under Ash) and stared in 2 of them having a 7 win/3 loss record(6 win/2 loss under Ash).Frogadier before it started getting focus had a ridiculously little screentime/focus and gym battles for a starter

Also unlike Infernape story which started before the 3rd gym as a Chimchar and ended during the league meaning the story was basically over by the time Infernape's arc was over,Greninja's only started just before the 7th gym and is probably gonna end before the league meaning we probably have at least 12 months+ of non Greninja focus.

Greninja's focus so far is no where near as bad as Infernape's unless it gets focus until the end of XY.Heck there were complains that the ninja episodes barely had any focus(which were more focused on Sanpei and co problems) on Greninja eventhough those episodes were his evolution episodes.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I actually think if you look at the episode list and count the number of episodes each of Ash's Pokemon had a more-than-cameo role, it's relatively balanced (except for Pikachu, but he's basically the main Pokemon character anyway).

RickHoenn

Banned
I wonder if this is a Noibat develop episode or evolution time.

I read people said both Eevee and Noibat were going to evolve in February due to merchandise or something but it seems they might evolve in January.

dman_dustin

That's a pretty crucial detail that He seems to consistantly forget.

People are forgetting that levels don't actually exist in the anime.

So therefore even anime standards its easier for Noibat to evolve than Eevee.

And no I still refuse to accept being a hatched Pokemon matters.

If this was Caterpie, no one would complain if it fully evolved in only a couple of episodes after it hatched. Double standards on Noibat.....

Captain America X

People are forgetting that levels don't actually exist in the anime.

So therefore even anime standards its easier for Noibat to evolve than Eevee.

And no I still refuse to accept being a hatched Pokemon matters.

If this was Caterpie, no one would complain if it fully evolved in only a couple of episodes after it hatched. Double standards on Noibat.....
As for the bolded,in game it is still easier in general to get a Sylveon than a Noivern lol.Unless your trying to talk about another extremely specific scenario in which you can get Noivern faster hehe.

By your logic Ash could get hatched baby Dratini and easily evolve in the same episode and it would be acceptable for it to evolve in it's first battle.

Bug type pokemon have always evolved fast in game and out of the game so I don't see why people would complain in the first place.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'm not surprised Noibat is getting paid dust. In fact, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noibat feel irrelevant now that all the battles and focus feature Greninja. An Infernape sized mess.

When did Frogadier/Greninja start to get focus? Less than 12 episodes ago. You're kinda reaching tbh

How dares a water starter finally getting the screentime it deserves

dman_dustin

By your logic Ash could get hatched baby Dratini and easily evolve in the same episode

That's not the case and you know it.

People KEEP forgetting that Noibat has been on the team for 20+ episodes, it just didn't hatch an episode ago.

Noibat has been on the team longer than Serena EDIT: I MEAN her Eevee.

Which I completely forgot about that. Therefore by game and anime standards Noibat could easily have evolved by now, because "off screen" or "it doesn't matter" Noibat has had more time to have effort put into it than Eevee.

If you knew how to evolve Noibat and Eevee and had them at the same time. Yes you would evolve Eevee first. No doubt.

But if you caught Noibat first and 10 weeks (or we'll be fairer 10 days) later caught Eevee, Noibat theoretically should've evolved already.

So no Noibat didn't just hatch. If each episode was a day, it's been on the team for a month. You can completely beat the game of Pokemon in approximately 24 hours if you are good. Noibat evolving into Noivern wouldn't be that hard either even if it was hatched. Just give it tons of experience or rare candies, and BOOM Noivern.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
But even then it was still a lot more focus compared to the others,all evolving did was just increase it to an absurd amount.As a Chimchar alone the guy took part in 5 gyms(4 under Ash) and stared in 2 of them having a 7 win/3 loss record(6 win/2 loss under Ash).Frogadier before it started getting focus had a ridiculously little screentime/focus and gym battles for a starter

Also unlike Infernape story which started before the 3rd gym as a Chimchar and ended during the league meaning the story was basically over by the time Infernape's arc was over,Greninja's only started just before the 7th gym and is probably gonna end before the league meaning we probably have at least 12 months+ of non Greninja focus.

Greninja's focus so far is no where near as bad as Infernape's unless it gets focus until the end of XY.Heck there were complains that the ninja episodes barely had any focus(which were more focused on Sanpei and co problems) on Greninja eventhough those episodes were his evolution episodes.

The only difference is that Chimchar's story was bound with Ash'v main rival in DP. Of course they couldn't finish the story until the end of the league. The only problem of the whole Chimchar story was the absence of plot progression by the end after Chimchar evolved into Monferno. By that time, there wasn't as much focus on the story until the league and Monferno evolved all because of TR. Isn't that bad of course, but the build up for the league wasn't as strong as it could've be. I also missed some more hints by the start of the series.

Frogadier isn't as good, but the plot of the other starters weren't as impressive too. Charizard's backstory was only a episode long and after that, there are a couple of episodes where it only wanted to become stronger. Pignite was similiar and Sceptile got a small amount of episodes with an important role.

If they handle Greninja's depression arc correctly, it still would be the second best starter pokemon in term of character and focus.

Captain America X

That's not the case and you know it.

People KEEP forgetting that Noibat has been on the team for 20+ episodes, it just didn't hatch an episode ago.

Noibat has been on the team longer than Serena.

Which I completely forgot about that. Therefore by game and anime standards Noibat could easily have evolved by now, because "off screen" or "it doesn't matter" Noibat has had more time to have effort put into it than Eevee.

If you knew how to evolve Noibat and Eevee and had them at the same time. Yes you would evolve Eevee first. No doubt.

But if you caught Noibat first and 10 weeks (or we'll be fairer 10 days) later caught Eevee, Noibat theoretically should've evolved already.

So no Noibat didn't just hatch. If each episode was a day, it's been on the team for a month. You can completely beat the game of Pokemon in approximately 24 hours if you are good. Noibat evolving into Noivern wouldn't be that hard either even if it was hatched. Just give it tons of experience or rare candies, and BOOM Noivern.

Except that you know.Noibat has barely done anything in the anime other than fight TR(in it's first episode),get 2nd place in the race,distract TFx2 and this episode in 27 episodes meanwhile Eevee in 16 episodes has fought TR twice,fought in a double battle twice(counting the next ep),taken part in a contest and has been actively shown training for performance.Eevee has done way more than Noibat eventhough it has been in less episodes.

So basically on one hand you have a pokemon that has been on the team 11 episodes longer but has barely done anything with only 1(2 counting this episode) focus episode and than you have another pokemon who has done way more in it's much shorter timespan and has had 4(5 counting this ep) of focus.Logicially speaking,the one who has done way more in a shorter time period should be the one who evolves first.

Your scenario once again implies that Noibat has had a lot of focus or just as much focus as Eevee has had.

Also even if you had a level 40 Noibat,and a baby Eevee it would still be easier to get a Sylveon than a Noivern in game.

Your reaching pretty far already lol.Basically your reasoning for why Noibat should evolve faster than Sylveon and why it makes sense is because :

1)Being on the team slightly longer is more important that doing stuff and having focus
2)One episode of pokemon equals 24 hours so Noibat has been on the team for almost 27 days(while barely doing anything) and Eevee has been on the team for 16 days while doing a lot more things than Noibat

Edit:Eh,whatever.Too lazy to discuss this lol so let's leave it like this

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Level doesn't exist in anime. So yeah.
I don't think Noibat will evolve in this episode. It might evolve in its fourth episode. (This episode is its third episode)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Level doesn't exist in anime. So yeah.
I don't think Noibat will evolve in this episode. It might evolve in its fourth episode. (This episode is its third episode)

Yeah Noibat is still too early to evolve. It obviously needs further development like getting to know more about it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It is too early but still can happen. Look at Mamoswine, Goodra or Glalie

Yeah it can but tbh, I wouldn't want to see Noibat evolve in this episode to leave some development in the next few episodes but I expect it to evolve by then because Serena's Eevee is to evolve within the next few months.

ShadowForce720

Yeah it can but tbh, I wouldn't want to see Noibat evolve in this episode to leave some development in the next few episodes but I expect it to evolve by then because Serena's Eevee is to evolve within the next few months.

Actually thanks too the new years preview it's confirmed that Serena's Eevee is evolve in Pokémon XY&Z episode 12 which airs on January 28, 2016. Although it is possible that Noibat may not evolve here and might just learn a new move instead.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Actually thanks too the new years preview it's confirmed that Serena's Eevee is evolve in Pokémon XY&Z episode 12 which airs on January 28, 2016. Although it is possible that Noibat may not evolve here and might just learn a new move instead.

Just remembered that Eevee's evolving in XY&Z12. And I'm really hoping for the new move to be a Flying move, at least Gust or Wing Attack.

ShadowForce720

Just remembered that Eevee's evolving in XY&Z12. And I'm really hoping for the new move to be a Flying move, at least Gust or Wing Attack.

If they give it a flying-type move like Gust or Wing Attack maybe they will have it upgrade it later to Hurricane. Also if Noibat doesn't learn a flying-type move here, then maybe it will learn Flamethrower or Heat Wave here.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If they give it a flying-type move like Gust or Wing Attack maybe they will have it upgrade it later to Hurricane. Also if Noibat doesn't learn a flying-type move here, then maybe it will learn Flamethrower or Heat Wave here.

Even Fire type moves are beneficial for it particularly for the final Gym Battle and are super effective against the Breloom in this episode.

Navin

MALDREAD
They literally could follow AG script right here with Snorunt. Have Noibaby start to a learn a new move, and Ash can spend the next few episodes briefly teaching him until he evolves. Unless they don't care and simply want the evolution out of the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.