• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Unless they don't care and simply want the evolution out of the way..
This is the most likely scenario.

But one has to wonder why they even bothered having Goodra leave if they felt the need to immediately replace it with another Dragon type.

dman_dustin

Unless they don't care and simply want the evolution out of the way..

Exactly what I've been saying.

If they did truly care, Noibat wouldn't have been shafted for so long.

I still think this:

After so long they've FINALLY decided to give Noibat a focus episode? Pretty sure that means an evolution.

ShadowForce720

Exactly what I've been saying.

If they did truly care, Noibat wouldn't have been shafted for so long.

I still think this:

After so long they've FINALLY decided to give Noibat a focus episode? Pretty sure that means an evolution.

Or it could just mean that it's going to learn a new move here and then evolve in the next development episode it gets after this.

diakyu

I find it hard to believe Noibat is evolving here when it wasn't shown in the special where they had no problem showing Eevee evolving (which comes after this episode). I think this is just a fillerish (likely getting a new move shown) episode involving Noibat.

dman_dustin

I find it hard to believe Noibat is evolving here when it wasn't shown in the special where they had no problem showing Eevee evolving (which comes after this episode).

As if they care. They only cared about Serena, Team Rocket vs Team Flare and Alain vs Ash.

And as Janovy said and the summary for the special said, they gave us what they promised us.

So of course *shrugs shoulders* who cares if Noibat does evolve in this episode. They sure as hell didn't promise us Noivern in the summary of the special.

So they had no reason to show us Noivern.

Navin

MALDREAD
This is the most likely scenario. But one has to wonder why they even bothered having Goodra leave if they felt the need to immediately replace it with another Dragon type.

Promote the pseudo for the region. But perhaps Barney would have overshadowed the other Kalos Pokemon? All they needed to do was have Barney acknowledge he can join Ash whenever called upon, otherwise he'll stay protecting the marshland (which they still can do in the future).

So of course *shrugs shoulders* who cares if Noibat does evolve in this episode. They sure as hell didn't promise us Noivern in the summary of the special.

So they had no reason to show us Noivern.

They generally hype the evolutions, and Dracula Otachi is certainly not an unpopular Pokemon. So it's either not happening or they want it to be a complete surprise.

dman_dustin

They generally hype the evolutions
Except it made sense to focus on Eevee evolving, its the dance party, it would've taken them too much effort to focus on Noibat and show off its evolution it it was happening in this episode.

Like I said "THEY" chose what "THEY" thought the audience would like. Noibat evolving clearly didn't make the cut regardless if its here or not.

Dracula Otachi is certainly not an unpopular Pokemon.

Maybe Noibat is popular in some circles, but definitely not the circle in which it actually gets focus and gets acknowledged.

This episode even if its not an evolution seems more like they only made it because they were obligated to, rather than because they wanted to.

I will always say that if it doesn't evolve here, this episode should've came A LOT sooner.

ShadowForce720

Promote the pseudo for the region. But perhaps Barney would have overshadowed the other Kalos Pokemon? All they needed to do was have Barney acknowledge he can join Ash whenever called upon, otherwise he'll stay protecting the marshland (which they still can do in the future).

They generally hype the evolutions, and Dracula Otachi is certainly not an unpopular Pokemon. So it's either not happening or they want it to be a complete surprise.

I'm pretty sure it's either going to be a complete surprise or it's not going to evolve yet. Although given that Noivern was on the XY&Z poster and appeared in numerous other merchandise with the main cast pokemon I think it's safe to say that Noibat is going to evolve into Noivern soon. Although I should point out that it is possible for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon before Noibat evolves into Noivern.

Keep in mind thinks to the previous end "gao gao all stars"( I believe I spelled it right) people thought that Fletchinder wouldn't evolve into Talonflame until after Eevee was caught, but as we know now this clearly wasn't the case. So it's possible that Noibat won't evolve in this episode, but will evolve in a later episode. Although either way this episode won't be a filler as Noibat is most likely at the very least will learn a new move here.

Except it made sense to focus on Eevee evolving, its the dance party, it would've taken them too much effort to focus on Noibat and show off its evolution it it was happening in this episode.

Like I said "THEY" chose what "THEY" thought the audience would like. Noibat evolving clearly didn't make the cut regardless if its here or not.

Maybe Noibat is popular in some circles, but definitely not the circle in which it actually gets focus and gets acknowledged.

This episode even if its not an evolution seems more like they only made it because they were obligated to, rather than because they wanted to.

I will always say that if it doesn't evolve here, this episode should've came A LOT sooner.

Except for the fact that there could be things in this episode as far as we know that would only make sense here. Plus in the end it's just would result in the same amount of episodes for Noibat. Although I think it's important to note that recently things in terms of focus and development seem to be picking up for Noibat as in Pokémon XY&Z episode 1 it used Supersonic against Team Flare and then in episode 9 it actually battle Team Flare for a bit and revealed that it knows Tackle and now in this episode it will probably learn a new move.

Also given how things are going now for Noibat I wouldn't be that surprised that if Noibat doesn't evolve in this episode, because the writers already have plans for 1 or more development episodes after this. I mean right now the issue you seem to have is that Eevee is getting focus instead of Noibat, but since Noibat is starting to get more focus now and Eevee is going to evolve in episode 12, we could easily have a case where once Eevee is evolve it starts to focus even more on Noibat.

I don't think it is that far out there to say that Noibat may evolve in next Noibat focus episode after this or the one after that or maybe there will be 2 more Noibat focus episodes before it evolves.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm pretty sure it's either going to be a complete surprise or it's not going to evolve yet. Although given that Noivern was on the XY&Z poster and appeared in numerous other merchandise with the main cast pokemon I think it's safe to say that Noibat is going to evolve into Noivern soon. Although I should point out that it is possible for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon before Noibat evolves into Noivern.

Keep in mind thinks to the previous end "gao gao all stars"( I believe I spelled it right) people thought that Fletchinder wouldn't evolve into Talonflame until after Eevee was caught, but as we know now this clearly wasn't the case. So it's possible that Noibat won't evolve in this episode, but will evolve in a later episode. Although either way this episode won't be a filler as Noibat is most likely at the very least will learn a new move here.

?
??

I never said Dracula Otachi wasn't happening. I was saying Noibaby wasn't evolving that episode or it would be a complete surprise...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Noibat evolution? We did see a Noivern in the poster. If not, maybe a new move learned at least.
Floette capture is also possible, but I doubt Ash would get it. Probably someone like Serena or Bonnie.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Level doesn't exist in anime. So yeah.
I don't think Noibat will evolve in this episode. It might evolve in its fourth episode. (This episode is its third episode)

I think the main argument against the evolution was Noibat's infancy and lack of action any ways not his level per se. I wish he hadn't been a newborn from the start and had been fully capable instead. ^^;

Remix2

If noibat is suppose to evolve in this episode and they didn't bother to show it in the new year previews, then that should tell you how much they care about him.

nameman

People really need to stop complaining. It's like people really need something to criticize instead of waiting patiently for things to conclude. People have complained about everything this Gen, and the writers almost always end up slapping the complainers hard by giving the thing they complain about development. Show some patience and wait for the episode before letting your fears get the better of you. This Gen hasn't seriously disappointed us yet. Let things play out.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If noibat is suppose to evolve in this episode and they didn't bother to show it in the new year previews, then that should tell you how much they care about him.

Heh heh. Seriously we know they haven't spoiled its evolution yet, so we all don't really know exactly when and in which episode it'll evolve. It could be like in any random episode from now until April when new merchandise featuring Noivern is released.

NitroLightningFlash

If Noibat doesn't evolve here (which it still doesn't seem like he will imo or they would of shown it like they showed even Team Rocket vs Team Flare in the New Years preview), hopefully this episode is a good sign that they'll start doing more with Noibat (and it gets more episodes) from this episode onward, leading up to the evolution...if he evolved here it'd be bad writing imo since Noibat hasn't had the chance to do anything of note yet...it's surely better if Pokemon get focus first before the evolution right? :3

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow a lot of whining in this thread. Noibat is getting an episode for development, that's cool. If evolution was happening, they would have shown a clip of it during the New Years Eve special. So learning a move seems like the likeliest choice for this situation.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
If they give it a flying-type move like Gust or Wing Attack maybe they will have it upgrade it later to Hurricane. Also if Noibat doesn't learn a flying-type move here, then maybe it will learn Flamethrower or Heat Wave here.

Why not both? Then upgrade them upon evolution to Hurricane and Dragon Claw to go with Boomburst and Hyper Voice?

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I'm just glad Noibat's getting some development for either a move or evolution.

People are constantly complaining how he hasn't had much time to shine, but there's nothing to do about it.

Nikola

XY & Z 11 episode is episode when Noibat will evolves, XY & Z 12 episode is Serena's Sylveon debut. Noibat have to evolves before Eevee. Reason?? Noivern is on poster Sylveon isn't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.