• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

XY & Z 11 episode is episode when Noibat will evolves, XY & Z 12 episode is Serena's Sylveon debut. Noibat have to evolves before Eevee. Reason?? Noivern is on poster Sylveon isn't. :)

And? Eevee was with Fletchinder in the last XY ending, yet look how that ended up. The poster by no means absolutely, 100% confirms which is happening first (and if the poster were an indication of when they're happening, one would think that both would have been spoiled if they were to be happening this close together).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
People are constantly complaining how he hasn't had much time to shine, but there's nothing to do about it.

OFC we're complaining! They lack of screentime and development Noibat's gotten since the day he's debuted is absolutely ridiculous. And him being a baby makes it even worse.

dman_dustin

And? Eevee was with Fletchinder in the last XY ending, yet look how that ended up. The poster by no means absolutely, 100% confirms which is happening first (and if the poster were an indication of when they're happening, one would think that both would have been spoiled if they were to be happening this close together).

I really don't know why people use this as an excuse.

While I don't know one way or the other about the poster.

It's pretty obvious why Eevee was in the ending while Talonflame wasn't. And for a couple of reasons.

1. Talonflame is bigger, the ending was about dancing, it would've been awkward to have them animate Talonflame the same way Fletchinder was, it would be out of place. I'm sure its easier to animate a small object in the same fashion.

2. This was a new Pokemon for Serena, Serena has SOME favoritism on the production team so of course they were going to spoil a Pokemon on her team, months in advance. But let's not forget at the time we didn't know who was going to get who. At a time we thought Ash was going to get Eevee. If they didn't want to spoil Eevee, then there wouldn't have been anything out of place. They either couldn't work with Talonflame, or didn't want to spoil Fletchling's evolution.

Remember the ending did come out before the opening with Noibat and Eevee. Remember Talonflame wasn't on there, and remember that the Eevee's scenes only implied "it is going to happen" and Serena was going to catch it? It was a massive spoiler for a long off future.

They just wanted to spoil Eevee more so than Talonflame.

Now for the poster: Is it not possible that either it is been true, or it's been used for the similar purposes. Either way it works against you or works with you.

1. If its true then Noibat is evolving here.

2. If it's working the same way as the ending/opening then its obvious that they wanted to spoil Noivern over Sylveon.

The only problem that I have with this, is the upcoming episodes preview. They had no problem spoiling Eevee's evolution, but no the only thing we saw in regards to Ash was more Ash Greninja stuff, so if Noibat really was going to evolve in some off future, I can't imagine why Sylveon wasn't on the poster while Noivern was.

It makes sense to me why Noibat evolving here and wasn't shown in the preview, people just don't care to accept that reason as possible.

What doesn't make sense, is if they were trying to keep Eevee's evolution a secret, even though we were blasted by obvious hints all over the place, they'd show us that scene of that evolution ribbon in the preview. No other eeveelution has a ribbon, so unless the person who decided that was appropriate thinks his/her viewers are complete morons, it doesn't make sense for WHY then Sylveon wasn't on the poster. Well I suppose there's the whole they didn't want to reveal it at the time. But why would they want to reveal Noivern if Sylveon happens long before it? I mean we were fine with just Ash Greninja, I mean that was a spoiler of its own. So then why Noivern and not Noibat, were they that worried about how fans would perceive the situation since they don't seem to care about giving him a final Pokemon, so Noivern was to make it up?

I just can't think of any reason that makes sense for why Noivern is on the poster while Sylveon is not. I mean I suppose the fact that Serena hadn't caught Eevee YET when the poster came out, may have been an issue. How do you rationalize Sylveon when Eevee hasn't been caught, surely they wanted audiences to guess Eevee's evolution for a couple of weeks. I guess that's why.

But even then "Noivern?" Noibat wouldn't have worked just fine?

Mike999246

They didn't spoil Sylveon in the poster because Eevee can evolve into 8 different Pokemon, so they wanted to keep it a surprise on what it'd evolve into

Grey Wind

Adding on to this, Mega Sceptile is on the poster too and Shota still has Grovyle. I thought the same re: Noivern before Sylveon initially, but at this point it seems more likely that they just didn't want to spoil Eevee's evolution for whatever reason.

ShadowForce720

Why not both? Then upgrade them upon evolution to Hurricane and Dragon Claw to go with Boomburst and Hyper Voice?

The thing is why would it need to have both Boomburst and Hyper Voice when there both Sound base moves and Boomburst is like a stronger more damaging version of Supersonic and Hyper Voice. Now I'm not saying it couldn't learn both a Flying-type move, and a Fire type-move in this episode. Although I don't see a point in learning a fire-type move only to replace it with a Dragon-type move just so it could have Hyper Voice. If you ask me the following move set makes a lot more sense:

Noibat:
Supersonic
Tackle
Gust/Wing Attack
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

Noivern:
Boomburst
Dragon Claw
Hurricane
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

That moves set makes a lot more since then having this following move set happen:

Noibat:
Supersonic
Tackle
Gust/Wing Attack
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

Noivern:
Boomburst
Hyper Voice
Dragon Claw
Hurricane

So exactly how would getting rid of it's only type coverage move just so it could have Hyper Voice in it's move set makes any sense? I mean Noivern is already going to have Boomburst it doesn't need to have Hyper Voice to at this point having a Fire-type move like Heat Wave or Flamethrower would be more useful to it then having Hyper Voice.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Constant complaining won't change the past.

So you're completely okay with how they've handled the bat?

A message board that's meant to discuss a particular topic is the very place to get something off your chest. Let us complain lol.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Guys, Noibat can't learn Flametrhower, only Noivern can.
That hasn't stopped the writers before (granted they don't do it often) as they will give Pokemon moves they can't learn in game if they feel it fits (we saw a Fletchling with Feather Dance earlier in XY). That being said if Flamethrower were to be learnt I'd expect it from Noivern and not Noibat.

Navin

MALDREAD
The thing is why would it need to have both Boomburst and Hyper Voice when there both Sound base moves and Boomburst is like a stronger more damaging version of Supersonic and Hyper Voice. Now I'm not saying it couldn't learn both a Flying-type move, and a Fire type-move in this episode. Although I don't see a point in learning a fire-type move only to replace it with a Dragon-type move just so it could have Hyper Voice. If you ask me the following move set makes a lot more sense:

Noibat:
Supersonic
Tackle
Gust/Wing Attack
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

Noivern:
Boomburst
Dragon Claw
Hurricane
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

That moves set makes a lot more since then having this following move set happen:

Noibat:
Supersonic
Tackle
Gust/Wing Attack
Flamethrower/Heat Wave

Noivern:
Boomburst
Hyper Voice
Dragon Claw
Hurricane

So exactly how would getting rid of it's only type coverage move just so it could have Hyper Voice in it's move set makes any sense? I mean Noivern is already going to have Boomburst it doesn't need to have Hyper Voice to at this point having a Fire-type move like Heat Wave or Flamethrower would be more useful to it then having Hyper Voice.

Meh, if Ash isn't capturing any 'forest group' (Grass/Bug/Poison) Pokemon this region, I rather Dracula Otachi (and maybe Barney if he returns) have some Grass-type move coverage. Ergo, learning Solar Beam and Power Whip respectively.

ShadowForce720

Meh, if Ash isn't capturing any 'forest group' (Grass/Bug/Poison) Pokemon this region, I rather Dracula Otachi (and maybe Barney if he returns) have some Grass-type move coverage. Ergo, learning Solar Beam and Power Whip respectively.

Well they could always have Noivern have Flamethrower or Heat Wave and let Talonflame have Solar Beam.

dman_dustin

Guys, Noibat can't learn Flametrhower, only Noivern can.

It can however learn Heat Wave, which will always be preferred since I don't care about flamethrower, let's keep that to Pokemon of the fire type.

While giving heat wave to the flying type....such as Noibat/Noivern.

YES, I'm aware Talonflame is both, I was ignoring, except that it can learn flamethrower.

Besides Heat wave as a Noibat means its done.

Ideally here are some movesets I'd want (for Noivern):

Boomburst, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Outrage

OR

Boomburst, Heat Wave, Air slash/cutter, Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

I'd be bored with any other moveset, even though it can learn some really cool moves.

Janovy

Banned
I wouldn't mind Heat Wave, been a while since we last saw the move. I last remember it being used by Torkoal back during BF.

dman_dustin

I wouldn't mind Heat Wave, been a while since we last saw the move. I last remember it being used by Torkoal back during BF.

Heat wave has only been used by 3 Pokemon in the entire anime series. Not sure what generation was last but presumably 3rd generation since Torkoal last used in 3rd generation.

So heat wave being used by Noibat here in this episode would be fantastic.

Sure I'd love hurricane, but I don't know if I want something 4x effective against Breloom. Heat Wave is 2x, and would be a very unique move to give to Noibat and since its weaker to ice than any other typing, heat wave would be perfect.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Inb4 Noibat learns Shadow Ball -_-

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up learning that move, they love easy-to-animate sphere moves and Greninja has probably replaced Water Pulse so..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Sure I'd love hurricane, but I don't know if I want something 4x effective against Breloom. Heat Wave is 2x, and would be a very unique move to give to Noibat and since its weaker to ice than any other typing, heat wave would be perfect.

With the title referencing wind, and Noibat being a pokémo that has a ton of wind-based moves, the odds of it being Hurricane are higher than heatwave. Not saying I wouldn't want Heatwave, but this just doesn't seem like the place yet. Noibat isn't strong yet, so it needs a 4x move to compensate against Breloom. And even than it probably would be something like Air Cutter or Air Slash over Hurricane considering the considerable power-gap.

Inb4 Noibat learns Shadow Ball -_-

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up learning that move, they love easy-to-animate sphere moves and Greninja has probably replaced Water Pulse so..

Inb4 Noibat learns Psychic.. or Water Pulse..

Last edited:

dman_dustin

With the title referencing wind, and Noibat being a pokémo that has a ton of wind-based moves, the odds of it being Hurricane are higher than heatwave.

That works against you.

The Japanese version of the same move translates to "Hot Wind" why else do you think a bunch of flying types can learn it?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So you're completely okay with how they've handled the bat?

A message board that's meant to discuss a particular topic is the very place to get something off your chest. Let us complain lol.

I never said don't complain, its just constant complaining about the same thing that gets out of hand. No I'm not happy how Noibat has been given nothing to do, but I believe I've stated that before, so I'm not gonna wall of text about what the writers should have done.

I kinda hope this episode gets here quickly has Noibat learn Air Cutter, Hurricane, whatever, and we can move on until it's next episode when people complain it should have evolved here if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.