• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

we can move on until it's next episode when people complain it should have evolved here if it doesn't.

The only complaint that I would personally think is valid if Noibat doesn't evolve, is this episode should've happened MUCH sooner, like midway from Noibat's first appearance to now, that halfway mark being THIS episode.

The only reason evolution is being discussed is because of the poster, if the poster had Noibat on it, this would just be a focus episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The only complaint that I would personally think is valid if Noibat doesn't evolve, is this episode should've happened MUCH sooner, like midway from Noibat's first appearance to now, that halfway mark being THIS episode.

The only reason evolution is being discussed is because of the poster, if the poster had Noibat on it, this would just be a focus episode.

I actually have a question. Has a Noivern been promoted with Ash's Pokémon outside of that one poster? I'm wondering if there is still the possibility of the Noivern being Alexa's. Since even the poster showed Sceptile when it didn't show Sawyer. Being a news reporter, I'm sure Alexa might show up eventually to cover Team Flare's actions once it reaches Lumiose City with Professor Sycamore and Meyer.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I actually have a question. Has a Noivern been promoted with Ash's Pokémon outside of that one poster?
Yes.

I'm wondering if there is still the possibility of the Noivern being Alexa's. Since even the poster showed Sceptile when it didn't show Sawyer. Being a news reporter, I'm sure Alexa might show up eventually to cover Team Flare's actions once it reaches Lumiose City with Professor Sycamore and Meyer.

It's definitely not Alexa's, that wouldn't even make sense.

ShadowForce720

I actually have a question. Has a Noivern been promoted with Ash's Pokémon outside of that one poster? I'm wondering if there is still the possibility of the Noivern being Alexa's. Since even the poster showed Sceptile when it didn't show Sawyer. Being a news reporter, I'm sure Alexa might show up eventually to cover Team Flare's actions once it reaches Lumiose City with Professor Sycamore and Meyer.

There's one problem with that ideal that you have there, and that is on the Pokémon XY&Z poster that all of the main cast pokemon for Ash and Co excluding Team Rocket are there except for Noibat. Instead of Noibat we see Noivern. No matter which way you look at it that is Ash's Noivern because they would not put all of the main cast pokemon on their excluding Team Rocket, but then just happen to exclude Noibat and put Noivern on there instead. Also in regards to Noivern showing up with the main cast pokemon in other Merchandise the answer is it has and it has even shown up in merchandise releated to the next pokemon movie.

So I think's it's safe to say that the Noivern we've been seeing belongs to Ash.

dman_dustin

I actually have a question. Has a Noivern been promoted with Ash's Pokémon outside of that one poster?
Yes many times, and the most recent is Volcanion Movie Merchandise.

I'm wondering if there is still the possibility of the Noivern being Alexa's.
As others have said that doesn't make sense, however I'm going to go in depth as to why it doesn't make sense for many reasons.

1. Lack of Noibat. Unless Noibat gets released really soon, which would utterly piss me off to no end. It wouldn't make sense to have a random Noivern on a poster without including Noibat in some fashion.

2. Sawyer is a little bit more important than Alexa. Sawyer technically influences the storyline of current series or rather has a chance to influence the series in a big way. Alexa at a time did do that, but the moment Ash came to the Kalos region, Alexa's job was done, and for the most part fell into obscurity. Her showing up with Noivern isn't a problem. Her Noivern being on the poster on top of not being on it on TOP of Alexa not having any notable role that we have seen, implies Alexa is at best only going to show for an episode or two. Shoving Noivern on there for such a minor role, especially given the lack of Noibat, makes no sense whatsoever.

and finally:

3. Given all of the Noivern merchandise of the XY&Z series and actually have it linked to the main casts team is why it couldn't be Alexa's Noivern. I could buy maybe Alexa's Noivern on the poster. But every single merchandise that has Noivern on it being only Alexa's Noivern. Sure there was one merchandise that had Noibat but it also had Eevee. Any other time that have Sylveon or Eevee, Noivern has always been listed. The one time there was Noibat listed for XY&Z merchandise, Eevee was also there.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That works against you.

The Japanese version of the same move translates to "Hot Wind" why else do you think a bunch of flying types can learn it?

Did not make the connection.. In my eyes, it comes down to what should come first, a basic STAB-move, a good STAB-move, or a good coverage move. Considering that Noibat had hatched, the second option seems too farfetched, while the third option (Heatwave) just seems to me like Noibat is skipping a step.

I'm going to take a look at Phanpy, Eevee, Cyndaquil and Scraggy, to see if I can see a trend of learning a STAB-move and a coverage move among hatchlings. I purposefully ignore Normal-type moves, as I don't see those as coverage.

Phanpy:
- Had Rollout since it hatched. Technically this is a coverage move.
- Learned Earthquake 37 episodes since its hatching.

Eevee:
- Learned Shadow Ball 6 episodes after hatching
- Learned Dig 10 episodes after hatching
- Learned Tackle 10 episodes after hatching

Cyndaquil:
- Learned Flame Wheel in the episode following its hatching, it has no coverage moves, unless you count Normal-type moves as such.

Scraggy:
- Learned HJK 25 episodes after hatching, it has no coverage moves, unless you count Normal-type moves as such.

Summarizing:
- Phanpy and Eevee learned coverage moves before their STAB-moves Earthquake and Tackle respectively.
- Phanpy and Scraggy learned their STAB-moves long after hatching. Though Phanpy already had a coverage move, while Scraggy did not.
- Cyndaquil is an anomaly by immediately focusing on its STAB.

If anything, Noibat mimics the development of Scraggy in terms of moves. While if Noibat learns Heatwave, than it will be alike to Phanpy.

Agreed..

dman_dustin

Did not make the connection.. In my eyes, it comes down to what should come first, a basic STAB-move, a good STAB-move, or a good coverage move. Considering that Noibat had hatched, the second option seems too farfetched, while the third option (Heatwave) just seems to me like Noibat is skipping a step.

I'm going to take a look at Phanpy, Eevee, Cyndaquil and Scraggy, to see if I can see a trend of learning a STAB-move and a coverage move among hatchlings. I purposefully ignore Normal-type moves, as I don't see those as coverage.

Phanpy:
- Had Rollout since it hatched. Technically this is a coverage move.
- Learned Earthquake 37 episodes since its hatching.

Eevee:
- Learned Shadow Ball 6 episodes after hatching
- Learned Dig 10 episodes after hatching
- Learned Tackle 10 episodes after hatching

Cyndaquil:
- Learned Flame Wheel in the episode following its hatching, it has no coverage moves, unless you count Normal-type moves as such.

Scraggy:
- Learned HJK 25 episodes after hatching, it has no coverage moves, unless you count Normal-type moves as such.

Summarizing:
- Phanpy and Eevee learned coverage moves before their STAB-moves Earthquake and Tackle respectively.
- Phanpy and Scraggy learned their STAB-moves long after hatching. Though Phanpy already had a coverage move, while Scraggy did not.
- Cyndaquil is an anomaly by immediately focusing on its STAB.

If anything, Noibat mimics the development of Scraggy in terms of moves. While if Noibat learns Heatwave, than it will be alike to Phanpy.

Even though Gliscor isn't that comparable as I've said before, I think what can be compared between the two is that given Noibat's dragon typing likewise Gliscor's wide variety of moves is that it would be acceptable for Noibat to have Heat Wave.

Dragon Pokemon typically not counting Ash's Goodra outside of ice beam, or even Gible, but other dragon type Pokemon especially taking notice of Iris's Dragonite, typically have crazy random moves, because that's the nature of dragon types.

If this is just a focused dedicated episode, then I expect Noibat to have a full moveset. Using some flying type attack in the beginning and learning Heat wave by the end.

Because it wouldn't make sense if this episode was only about it using one new move. Since I'm pretty sure the beginning will have Noibat using some random new move, which causes the plot to happen.

Can't imagine tackle angering Breloom, nor can I imagine so much anger over a simple supersonic, so let's assume it uses air cutter or air slash, because both hurricane and heat wave in one episode would be very odd, so a simple ranged flying attack.

Thus everything happens, the plot happens, I expect Breloom to have friends by the end of the episode where Floette won't be enough and then I expect Noibat to pull out heat wave.

It kind of makes sense, that a Pokemon angrily using a wind based attack would "evolve" it or combine it to create heat wave.

OR fine, Noibat doesn't have Heat Wave, it learn Hurricane instead, so maybe it has air cutter/air slash in the beginning to anger the Breloom and because Breloom is 4x weak against flying types. THERE goes Breloom with Hurricane.

The only reason I'm bringing heat wave up is I want Noivern to be used against Wulfric, and since Noivern is weakest against ice types, having a fire type would be very useful for Noivern. I want Heat wave over flamethrower because Noibat itself can learn the move, I don't want Noibat evolving and learning flamethrower, when I'd rather just have boomburst when it evolves.

Whatever happens will happen. What I don't want this episode to be about is just Noibat using a simple new move, and this episode revolves around straight up battling properly, and overcoming that kind of issue. It'll be incredibly jarring especially with Noibat dealing some major damage on Celosia's Drapion with JUST tackle. I would prefer Noibat get overwhelmed, need the help of Floette, and then at the end of the episode, Noibat uses its powerful new move to knock out the enemies.

In fact outside of Hurricane and Heat Wave the only other acceptable proper move I'd want Noibat to learn given the plot of the episode, would be outrage, which it might be used instead of tackle.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh okay, so Alexa's Noivern is out. I do wonder if this Floette is wild, because if it is, I wonder if someone will attempt to catch it or if it's just a thanks for your help.

dman_dustin

Oh okay, so Alexa's Noivern is out. I do wonder if this Floette is wild, because if it is, I wonder if someone will attempt to catch it or if it's just a thanks for your help.

Of the three main characters that can catch a Pokemon, the most likely person to attempt a capture would be Ash because it involves Noibat.

If Serena and Clemont try to shoehorn themselves into the plot to make themselves relevant dividing the focus of Ash and Noibat, I'm going to be very annoyed.

With Slyveon on the horizon for Serena, trying to get Floette would be jarring. And I can't imagine Clemont wanting Floette, even if its for Bonnie.

So that realistically only leaves Ash as the person to attempt a capture. Outside of random other characters.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Of the three main characters that can catch a Pokemon, the most likely person to attempt a capture would be Ash because it involves Noibat.

If Serena and Clemont try to shoehorn themselves into the plot to make themselves relevant dividing the focus of Ash and Noibat, I'm going to be very annoyed.

With Slyveon on the horizon for Serena, trying to get Floette would be jarring. And I can't imagine Clemont wanting Floette, even if its for Bonnie.

So that realistically only leaves Ash as the person to attempt a capture. Outside of random other characters.

This episode is probably just development for Noibat. Ash isn't catching a Floette and it doesn't fit him either. Noibat needs more development and evolve first before another capture happens.

ShadowForce720

Or the Floette could become a reccuring character and eventually start bounding with Serena. I mean just because it's helping Ash's Noibat out doesn't mean that Ash will necessarily catch it. For example back during DP a Buneary saved Ash's Pikachu and fell in love with it and Ash did want to catch it, but as we know Dawn was also interested in capturing it and at the end Buneary chose to let Dawn have a fair chance of capturing it.

Also even if Serena were to try to get catch Floette keep in mind it's not like it would be splitting the focus between Noibat and Serena evenly, Almost all of the focus would be going to Noibat and may like 1-5% percent going to Serena catch Noibat. What I'm saying is her attempt at catching Floette would be at the very end to where Noibat has already taken most of the episode up with it's development or it could be like where their is a very small bonding moment between Floette and Serena for a few seconds and it just comes along at the end of the episode or it reappears in a later episode and bonds with Serena and she catches it then.

I could see a problem if the episode was 50% Noibat focus and 50% Serena focus, but realistically it would probably be more like 95-99% Noibat focus and 1-5% Serena focus in the case of Floette going to Serena, So I really don't see the problem here.

Also keep in mind that while it's true Serena will be getting Sylveon which like Floette is a pure Fairy type pokemon, but you got to take into consideration the fact that Floette does learn a lot of Grass-type moves to the point where it could be consider a pseudo-Grass type pokemon. Although I'm still not sure why the Flabebe line isn't Grass/Fairy or Fairy/Grass.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Or the Floette could become a reccuring character and eventually start bounding with Serena. I mean just because it's helping Ash's Noibat out doesn't mean that Ash will necessarily catch it. For example back during DP a Buneary saved Ash's Pikachu and fell in love with it and Ash did want to catch it, but as we know Dawn was also interested in capturing it and at the end Buneary chose to let Dawn have a fair chance of capturing it.
But the difference is at that stage Ash already had Turtwig and Starly, Dawn had only Piplup. Right now Ash needs a 6th Pokemon more than Serena needs a 4th Pokemon.

I could see a problem if the episode was 50% Noibat focus and 50% Serena focus, but realistically it would probably be more like 95-99% Noibat focus and 1-5% Serena focus in the case of Floette going to Serena, So I really don't see the problem here.
I'm not saying Serena needs to be a background character during the episode, but she should only be contributing through dialogue, I mean I wouldn't have a problem with her saying Floette is cute and all, but not to the point, that she would theoretically catch it later. It should be Ash who primarily "interacts" with Floette since it saved his Noibat, it honestly wouldn't make sense for anyone else to have a big interaction with Floette even if it led to a future episode where they caught it. Ultimately it still should be Ash.

Serena could capture a DIFFERENT Floette, and I'd be okay, but not this one.

Also keep in mind that while it's true Serena will be getting Sylveon which like Floette is a pure Fairy type pokemon, but you got to take into consideration the fact that Floette does learn a lot of Grass-type moves to the point where it could be consider a pseudo-Grass type pokemon. Although I'm still not sure why the Flabebe line isn't Grass/Fairy or Fairy/Grass.

Except that's more of a reason for why Ash should catch it more than Serena.

It is purely by type that I don't want Serena to capture, like lets say there's a pure fighting type that learns half psychic types and half fighting (similar to Floette with fairy and grass) I still would not want Serena to capture said fighting type because she has Pancham.

I want Serena to capture a type that is not related to her current Pokemon. Skrelp or Clauncher for example. Furfrou even, something unrelated to the current typing she has. There needs to be a clear difference.

I mean look at Nini, she has Smoochum and Gothita, that's not what I want with Serena.

Serena can have Sylveon, and her likely final Pokemon can be something completely unrelated.

Even though I'm going to regret, REGRET, saying this, and trust me you don't know how much I loathe what I'm about to say. But I'd think Phantump * vomits * would make more sense than Floette.

* rinses mouth out with soap *

Oh god why did i have to say that.....why? *starts crying *

ShadowForce720

But the difference is at that stage Ash already had Turtwig and Starly, Dawn had only Piplup. Right now Ash needs a 6th Pokemon more than Serena needs a 4th Pokemon.

I'm not saying Serena needs to be a background character during the episode, but she should only be contributing through dialogue, I mean I wouldn't have a problem with her saying Floette is cute and all, but not to the point, that she would theoretically catch it later. It should be Ash who primarily "interacts" with Floette since it saved his Noibat, it honestly wouldn't make sense for anyone else to have a big interaction with Floette even if it led to a future episode where they caught it. Ultimately it still should be Ash.

Serena could capture a DIFFERENT Floette, and I'd be okay, but not this one.

Except that's more of a reason for why Ash should catch it more than Serena.

It is purely by type that I don't want Serena to capture, like lets say there's a pure fighting type that learns half psychic types and half fighting (similar to Floette with fairy and grass) I still would not want Serena to capture said fighting type because she has Pancham.

I want Serena to capture a type that is not related to her current Pokemon. Skrelp or Clauncher for example. Furfrou even, something unrelated to the current typing she has. There needs to be a clear difference.

I mean look at Nini, she has Smoochum and Gothita, that's not what I want with Serena.

Serena can have Sylveon, and her likely final Pokemon can be something completely unrelated.

Even though I'm going to regret, REGRET, saying this, and trust me you don't know how much I loathe what I'm about to say. But I'd think Phantump * vomits * would make more sense than Floette.

* rinses mouth out with soap *

Oh god why did i have to say that.....why? *starts crying *

Yes, but keep in mind that Ash doesn't have to get this Floette for a 6th capture as far as we know, they could have a 6th capture already planned to happen right after they finish with Noibat/Noivern. I mean keep in mind that they are still developing Noibat here and plan to evolve it, so if there are some 1-3 more Noibat development episodes after this before it evolves into Noivern they may not want to introduce the 6th capture until after Noibat has already evolved. Also I know what your going to say that Serena still has Eevee which will be evolving soon. The thing is Eevee is evolving in the following episode to where once it evolves into Sylveon I would imagine it won't get as many focus episode as it does now.

Plus there would be opportunity in the gap between Noibat evolving and the 6th capture being caught that Floette could get some focus then.

Now in regards to it not making any sense for anyone besides Ash since it saved his Noibat. This doesn't make any sense your saying it wouldn't make sense for Serena to have any major interaction with Floette because it saved Ash's Noibat, but some how it makes sense for Dawn to have a major interaction with Buneary even though that same Buneary saved Ash's Pikachu and Ash specifically had said that he wanted to catch it, and yet at the end of the episode Dawn was the one that wound up catching it.

I'm mean sure Dawn had only Piplup and Ash had Aipom, Pikachu, Starly, and Turtwig, but if it doesn't make any sense for anyone but Ash to catch Floette just because it saved his Noibat, then it shouldn't have made any sense for someone other then Ash to get Buneary since it saved his Pikachu, especially considering how important Pikachu is to Ash. So if there is nothing wrong with Dawn catching and bonding with Buneary even though it saved Ash's Pikachu then there would certainly be nothing wrong with Serena bonding and catching Floette even though it saved Ash's Noibat.

Now in regards to it being the same typing as Sylveon, I don't see an issue since Floette would be more likely treated as a grass-type then a fairy type, the fact is Floette has enough Grass-type moves that it would still provide variety, and in regards to a fighting type pokemon having psychic type moves the thing with that is then it be overlapping with not just Pancham but Braxien as well especially if Braxien evolves into Delphox.

Also in regards to Serena having Sylveon and Floette being like Nini who has Smoochum and Gothita it wouldn't be like that considering unlike that situation where both pokemon learn very similar moves Floette learns a lot and I mean a lot of grass-type moves where Sylveon doesn't have any access to Grass type moves so I don't see the problem.

dman_dustin

Now in regards to it not making any sense for anyone besides Ash since it saved his Noibat. This doesn't make any sense your saying it wouldn't make sense for Serena to have any major interaction with Floette because it saved Ash's Noibat, but some how it makes sense for Dawn to have a major interaction with Buneary even though that same Buneary saved Ash's Pikachu and Ash specifically had said that he wanted to catch it, and yet at the end of the episode Dawn was the one that wound up catching it.

Except Dawn had a point. Ash was catching Pokemon left and right,and already had near a full team and it was her turn to try and capture a Pokemon.

Serena was the LAST one to have a capture, and when Eevee evolves, she will be the last one to receive an evolution.

The difference here is Serena would have no reason to protest against Ash hypothetically catching Floette, because she wanted to catch it.

It would be incredibly jarring for even Serena to butt in, and try to bond with Floette because of fan favortism of wanting her with a Floette.

When Buneary saved Pikachu it went off and did its own shy thing, that's when Dawn protested and wanted to catch it, thus she went and captured it and it made sense.

Another major difference was that the episode Buneary was caught DID NOT have anything to do with Ash or Pikachu, their role was only to set up Dawn's interest in catching a Pokemon for contests and of course Buneary chose Dawn at the end and was happy with her.

This episode revolves primarily around Ash and Noibat (mostly) and Floette is a key player. Floette's interaction SHOULD primarily be about Noibat, and therefore by proxy Ash.

Again Serena butting in and bonding with Floette to an inevitable capture, doesn't make sense. Especially when we can assume this Floette will definitely be more of a battler than a performer saving Noibat because its poisoned sounds more like something a Pokemon becoming on of Ash's would do more than a Pokemon becoming a performer.

On top of that Shauna was already seen with a Flabebe, does Serena really need to have an evolutionary line of Pokemon her rival has. It's not impossible, but Serena with Braixen, and Aria having Delphox should already be too much. Especially given that Shauna last used Flabebe in her free performance.

Iris's Axew bonded with Emolga more than any other Pokemon, who ended up catching it? Iris.

Floette will be major buddies with Noibat, so it makes more sense for Ash to get THIS specific Floette than Serena, again the difference with Dawn and Buneary. Buneary had a crush on Pikachu, they weren't becoming buddy buddies, like Floette and Noibat probably will and I can't recall Ash with ever a Pokemon that had a crush on another of his Pokemon, so obviously it made sense to separate their trainers if such situations arise.

Maybe if Floette has a crush on Noibat, maybe THEN it would make less sense for Ash to catch it.

But still if Serena were to capture a Floette, it would be an entirely different one.

Let's also not forget about Bonnie, Bonnie wanting to keep Floette makes far more sense than Serena, after all Bonnie wanted that one Flabebe until it turned out to be already owned by a trainer.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Floette will be major buddies with Noibat, so it makes more sense for Ash to get THIS specific Floette.

Maybe if Floette has a crush on Noibat, maybe THEN it would make less sense for Ash to catch it.

I disagree. Floette doesn't fit well for Ash and it is likely to be a random wild pokemon that no one catches. If anyone is to have Floette, it is AZ. I am certain that this episode is for Noibat to develop and I don't think that a capture would happen.

KKS-Lapras

This is pure opinion, and while it may be a popular one, it's purely and simply just that, an opinion. Quite frankly it gets old seeing posts about how the pacing of a Pokemon's, or a character's development should be so different.

We're getting an episode for Noibat's development here, and it recently learned a new move in a prior episode. It's happening, slowly but surely.

My personal suspicion is Noibat will learn a new move here. Maybe learn one early in the episode struggle with it, but master it by the end of the episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If noibat is suppose to evolve in this episode and they didn't bother to show it in the new year previews, then that should tell you how much they care about him.

I don't want to be cynical but I kind of get that he's not the writers' main priority right now and him evolving here seems unlikely to me now unless it's being kept secret.

dman_dustin

This is pure opinion, and while it may be a popular one, it's purely and simply just that, an opinion. Quite frankly it gets old seeing posts about how the pacing of a Pokemon's, or a character's development should be so different.

It's actually half opinion half fact.

The opinion half comes from personal preference.

However the fact half comes from that a lot of Pokemon get development a lot earlier, than Noibat has. Like Goomy. Goodra was on the team for a lot less and has more development than Noibat.

So no it should've happened sooner, the writers/producers just didn't give a crap therefore only making it opinion of personal preference that it should've happened sooner.

It is also a fact that some Pokemon get screwed over in comparison to others.

What I find interesting is however, there was no reason for it. Literally the only excuse the writers/producers could ever use that would even be remotely legitimate is that Yuka Terasaki had scheduling/personal conflicts and couldn't voice Noibat, which the only ever excusable explanation.

I'm somehow supposed to otherwise believe if that wasn't the case, that this supposed marketable Pokemon has NOT been showcased until technically the Terminus episode.

I'm also to believe that somehow Noibat being an egg Pokemon and it receives NO development until the number of episodes, where technically any other type Pokemon would likely be evolving?

Noibat is the worst egg Pokemon to ever appear in the anime belonging to a character that actually has a goal. Most egg Pokemon have already received focus by now.

And let's not forget Eevee. Eevee has had plenty of development enough that it is ready to evolve, and likely before Noibat does, and Eevee was captured after Noibat. For all we know Eevee could be younger than Noibat for all we know, not that MUCH younger but still younger.

I was fine with Fletchinder evolving, and of course Frogadier evolving, but NOT one episode dedicated to training Noibat, NOT one single scene of it using a damaging attack against an opponent until 20 episodes after its debut.

There is no just excuse, the horrible treatment of Noibat really makes me hate that Ash even got a Goodra, because that obviously a waste of 7 episodes on a Pokemon we're are likely to never see again. 7 episodes out of 17 were devoted to the Goomy line.

And since Olympia, Frogadier/Greninja has gotten at least 4-5 episodes of massive focus and STILL has more to come.

And let's also not forget Hawlucha, Hawlucha is an even worse shape than Noibat, since it last got focus in the Sky Relay episode but Noibat is getting 2 episodes on Hawlucha unless it appears in the Bonnie episode or this particular episode.

Talonflame's appearance is starting to wane since Olympia.

At this point, there's just no excuse for the jarring absent appearances of the Pokemon, at best we can only hope for XY&Z Episode 1 where they all appeared for a cameo appearance.

===============
===============

But again let me perfectly clear. I am fine with this episode, better this than nothing. Just don't expect me to all that grateful about it when its happening 27 episodes after the Sky Relay episode, and not sure how much of Noibat's appearance in the Terminus Cave eased up the long gap.

Remember Palpitoad? No, well you see what I mean?

And that was excused because Ash had so many Pokemon, HE DOESN'T have that many Pokemon, so there's really no excuse.

But whatever people will believe whatever they want in regards to the series.

Just let me have my beliefs.

nameman

While I agree with you about Noibat being held back too long if evolution is happening, you have to remember that a good portion of the 27 episodes were spent developing other Pokemon like Bunnelby. Bunnelby is an example of a neglected Pokemon that needed it more than Noibat at the time. Then Eevee showed up and took most of the time away. As for your complaint about Hawlucha, he's gotten a good deal of development already. Both he and Talonflame are good right now for their positions on Ash's team.

I do have to say that while the writers have struggled with timing at times (Serena's search for a goal), their execution has been stellar for character development. I'll keep an open mind as to what they do with Noibat before it becomes the worst Egg Pokemon ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.