• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
While I agree with you about Noibat being held back too long if evolution is happening, you have to remember that a good portion of the 27 episodes were spent developing other Pokemon like Bunnelby. Bunnelby is an example of a neglected Pokemon that needed it more than Noibat at the time. Then Eevee showed up and took most of the time away. As for your complaint about Hawlucha, he's gotten a good deal of development already. Both he and Talonflame are good right now for their positions on Ash's team.

I do have to say that while the writers have struggled with timing at times (Serena's search for a goal), their execution has been stellar for character development. I'll keep an open mind as to what they do with Noibat before it becomes the worst Egg Pokemon ever.

Really? One focus episode with the shiny Hawlucha, one move learned and the bond it made with Noibat in its hatching episode? That's three, maybe four episodes. For a critter that had been on the cast since the shortly after the second gym.

nameman

Really? One focus episode with the shiny Hawlucha, one move learned and the bond it made with Noibat in its hatching episode? That's three, maybe four episodes. For a critter that had been on the cast since the shortly after the second gym.

Hawlucha's also appeared in the Trevanent episode sharing spotlight with Froakie and has been in four gyms with the final victory in a weakness Gym. People have to realize that they've been trying to spread out the development of everyone on the cast as evenly as possible. Hawlucha's a great Pokemon, but he's not that neglected. It's Luxray and Noibat (Bunnelby was also here) that need focus more.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It will be great development if noibat learns a new move here. Evolution still seems number of episodes away.

Yes, yes, that's my No. 1 choice. It doesn't seem to know any Flying moves so it could learn one here and probably start off with Gust or Wing Attack.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hawlucha's also appeared in the Trevanent episode sharing spotlight with Froakie and has been in four gyms with the final victory in a weakness Gym. People have to realize that they've been trying to spread out the development of everyone on the cast as evenly as possible. Hawlucha's a great Pokemon, but he's not that neglected. It's Luxray and Noibat (Bunnelby was also here) that need focus more.

We disagree on what counts as "development", which is the word you chose. Fighting in a gym isn't what I would say to be development, unless it's something like Goodra where it realized it had strength to do so. Hawlucha was battle ready, so its wins in the gyms don't add to its development. I agree that it has done well in gyms, but saying that it had good development based on that is saying that Palpitoad had good development.

Janovy

Banned
We disagree on what counts as "development", which is the word you chose. Fighting in a gym isn't what I would say to be development, unless it's something like Goodra where it realized it had strength to do so. Hawlucha was battle ready, so its wins in the gyms don't add to its development. I agree that it has done well in gyms, but saying that it had good development based on that is saying that Palpitoad had good development.
Hawlucha got lots of appearances, Palpitoad got the bare minimun in comparison so the two can't really be compared.

I mean Hawlucha actually has some sort of personality.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ne summary from Newtype. Slightly more detailed, at least.

While taking a break in a forest, Ash and his friends are listening to the screams of the "Sound Wave Pokémon" Noibat. However, while flying, Noibat ends up crashing into a wild Breloom. Noibat gets poisoned by the angry Breloom, but a passing Floette comes to the rescue.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ne summary from Newtype. Slightly more detailed, at least.

Maybe Ash and friends finally reach the Winding Woods and Noibat somehow gets confused there and then it crashes into the Breloom. And Breloom activates Effect Spore, which poisons Noibat and Floette uses Aromatherapy to cure Noibat from its poisoning.

Akashin

Maybe Ash and friends finally reach the Winding Woods and Noibat somehow gets confused there and then it crashes into the Breloom. And Breloom activates Effect Spore, which poisons Noibat and Floette uses Aromatherapy to cure Noibat from its poisoning.

Unless they're changing things up for whatever reason, they'd be reaching Snowbelle before Route 20.

ShadowForce720

Sadly, but XY Z poster shows noivern and eeve, but the next episode eevee will evolve.. Also the Merchande is a thing...

And the ending Gao Gao all-stars had Fletchinder and Eevee in it, but that didn't stop Fletchinder from evolving before Eevee was caught. So it is possible that Eevee could evolve into Sylveon before Noibat evolves into Noivern.

Supersonicbro

And the ending Gao Gao all-stars had Fletchinder and Eevee in it, but that didn't stop Fletchinder from evolving before Eevee was caught. So it is possible that Eevee could evolve into Sylveon before Noibat evolves into Noivern.

This.

I really can't see this episode being an evolution episode. Just a normal noibat focused one.

togenaught18

With the difference i believe the Official poster is pretty much 99% true. Hopefully this is no noibat evolution too, but...
And it isnt like the first poster of xy where ramdom pokemon appear

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I am glad Noibat is getting another episode. It could use more development and needs about two more moves before evolution. Noibat currently has supersonic and tackle at the moment. I can see it learn a flying type move as a Noibat and once it is a Noivern, it can have a dragon move.

DotKU

Champion
Why would they spend time listening to Noibat's screams randomly? Although it makes little difference, I was hoping this episode would have started with Ash doing some training with Noibat like he has done for Froakie and Fletchling.

Why would they spend time listening to Noibat's screams randomly? Although it makes little difference, I was hoping this episode would have started with Ash doing some training with Noibat like he has done for Froakie and Fletchling.

I guess they're probably checking the power of its supersonic..which might be painful to hear though.

dman_dustin

That is strange, but I assume for some reason Noibat got involved with something preventing it from flying properly so it begins "screaming" and then ends up crashing into a Breloom.

Which I needed to remind myself a stupid way for this Noibat episode to start.

It better be misleading and Ash is training Noibat, because if its random that Noibat is getting focus, I'm not going to be all that happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.