• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Baby Noibat battling Mega Abomasnow equals instant lost. Dragonite was a fully evolved pokemon which is different. Noibat is going to lose the ice gym in it's condition. Anyway, Noibat could learn Gust, Air Cutter or Air Slash since special attacks is what it is good at.

Again you don't know where Noibat will be by that point or what his movepool will look like, hell he could very well be evolved and easily be on par with an Abomasnow mega or not.

Don't underestimate the bat.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Again you don't know where Noibat will be by that point or what his movepool will look like, hell he could very well be evolved and easily be on par with an Abomasnow mega or not.

Eighth gym is always the hardest. They got to give it some space between the current area Ash is in and Snowbelle City for Noibat to improve. Still think it is going down in one shot though. In the mean time, Noibat is going to anger Breloom which I find funny and wonder how they would resolve their differences.

AuraKshatriya

Dragonite was 4x weak to Ice and that didn't stop him from topping Mamoswine. Type disadvantages doesn't hender a Ash Pokemon performance in battle you guys should know better.

And we have no idea when Wulfric's battle will be or what kind of fights Noibat will have been through by that point. lol

Very true, but keep in mind that Dragonite was also portrayed as being abnormally strong and resilient even for its species. Most spectators, including the main cast and supporting characters were shocked when they saw it tank those Ice-type moves. It's quite rare for Pokemon to be characterized like that (with Charizard, Dragonite, and a few others being the rare examples). Given Noibat is easily the youngest and least experienced of Ash's Pokemon, even if it is a Noivern by Wulfric, it's unlikely to show the same endurance. It might take one or two hits, but by no means will be it simply shrugging them off. And that's before taking into account that Dragonite as a species has always been portrayed as reasonably tanky, as opposed to Noivern, whose species is known more for speed and long-range attacks. Furthermore, Iris was battling Georgia's Beartic, which was reasonably powerful. But Ash will be battling Wulfric, the strongest Gym Leader in all of Kalos and a master Ice-type trainer. Presumably his Ice-types will be far more powerful than Georgia's were.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
You know that could still be ages from now right? Despite all the episodes we have had with Team Flare, not much has happened, and with the Pikachu short poster it might even last till at least July.

I know it could theoretically take a while, which is why I'm really flabbergasted by how Noibat's been handled. For an Ash pokemon he's developing at a snail's pace which I wasn't expecting this late in the saga.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I highly doubt that they would give Noibat a fear of Fairies and at this point it would be more of a major back step if it gained a fear of fairies. Also given from what it seems it would seem to be out of character for Floette to just suddenly betray Noibat like that and from what we saw of the previews for the episode I'm pretty sure Floette is the type to do that. Also I'm not sure why anyone would want Noibat to gain a fear of Fairies, when it clearly doesn't need it, plus we've already seen that with Goomy we do not need a repeat only this time with Noibat.

Yeah I don't think that's likely, too. She just healed Noibat, so it sort of makes me somewhat doubt it. And because of that, unlike Goomy, Noibat could be friendly to fairies because of Floette.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Exactly, outside of the obvious Serena episodes(Sylveon and Delphox) any of the others could be another potential Noibat development and maybe even where he evolves hopefully. Not to mention none of them seem like episodes Wulfric would possibly even be in.

NitroLightningFlash

Can't wait to see this episode and to see any bond Noibat and Floette may have. Also i hope Noibat gets a move or something here. Little guy deserves it imo. Hope he battles Breloom (who seems jealous of Floette and Noibat to me) :3

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm predicting Gust or Air Slash as his move or maybe even both.

Status
Not open for further replies.