• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 27th: MPM03 - Takeshi, Dent and the Forest Witch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Also low-key, Cilan being shy or timid wouldn't work either Iris or Ash and as a group in general. He needed to play the mediator role between them constantly arguing and something BW did right was actually giving the Pokegirl and male companion a full complete dynamic without Ash. Cilan's and Iris's entire nature vs science thing and Cilan fanboying over Ash just wouldn't have been possible.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Blame the lack of spotlight in the first game, which led to him having self-esteem issues that he had to recover from.
Lol true. I don't remember much of game Cilan. Though I doubt anime Cilan has haters tbh. I for one, find him funny.

I hope they refer the BW special and maybe how Brock met Alexa too?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol true. I don't remember much of game Cilan. Though I doubt anime Cilan has haters tbh. I for one, find him funny.

I hope they refer the BW special and maybe how Brock met Alexa too?

Not a hater, but I never got over the annoyed feeling I had about him being an extreme know-it-all that kept self-inserting him in situations not necessarily involving him and at the same time being frustrated that his 'goal' essentially went nowhere.. despite a tier-system being set in place and getting one or even two rivals iirc. How hard would it have been to include a Sommelier-exam at the end of BWs2 instead of yet another DA-filler.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Nah, breloom or shinotic would be better. Even something as flamboyant as meowscarada.

Not a hater, but I never got over the annoyed feeling I had about him being an extreme know-it-all that kept self-inserting him in situations not necessarily involving him and at the same time being frustrated that his 'goal' essentially went nowhere.. despite a tier-system being set in place and getting one or even two rivals iirc. How hard would it have been to include a Sommelier-exam at the end of BWs2 instead of yet another DA-filler.
Yeah, sommelier was horribly vague occupation, despite all the fuss BW did about that as a great thing. The fact Cilan had quite a lot of "expertise" in other fields didn't help too.

That and I always thought sommelier was something that basically served to the same purpose as poketch. Be a pokemon chef or something would be something way more tangible.

But, again, Brock took 10 years to realize he was better as a doctor than a breeder.

Lowkey wishful thinking Ash gets hatterene, even if Brock/Cilan have more chances.

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Nah, breloom or shinotic would be better. Even something as flamboyant as meowscarada.

Yeah, sommelier was horribly vague occupation, despite all the fuss BW did about that as a great thing. The fact Cilan had quite a lot of "expertise" in other fields didn't help too.

That and I always thought sommelier was something that basically served to the same purpose as poketch. Be a pokemon chef or something would be something way more tangible.

But, again, Brock took 10 years to realize he was better as a doctor than a breeder.

Lowkey wishful thinking Ash gets hatterene, even if Brock/Cilan have more chances.
I always thought that Cilan should have been a Coordinator, apart from being a Gym Leader. Would have been refreshing to see one of Ash's male friends be focused in Contests. The anime did nothing for Cilan as connoisseur, so appart from a Coordinator, he could have been a connoisseur on the side as well.

As for Hattarene, that would be a truly interesting capture for either Brock or Cilan.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A Pokemon Sommelier was just being a poet praising a Pokemon pair's relationship, really.

That's perhaps the dumbest profession the writers ever came up with, especially when they phased it out after Burgundy uncharacteristically decided to stop harassing Cilan, because she was the last person the profession ever came up.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
A Pokemon Sommelier was just being a poet praising a Pokemon pair's relationship, really.

That's perhaps the dumbest profession the writers ever came up with, especially when they phased it out after Burgundy uncharacteristically decided to stop harassing Cilan, because she was the last person the profession ever came up.
A Connoisseur is a real actual job though. He's there to judge and test to see the bonds of how strong a Pokemon and it's trainers relationship are and what they might need work in and or assistance. In a show that's all about "bringing out your parents strength through love!" and teaching the power of friendship, having a person trained to test your compatibility levels doesn't seem irrelevant.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A Connoisseur is a real actual job though. He's there to judge and test to see the bonds of how strong a Pokemon and it's trainers relationship are and what they might need work in and or assistance. In a show that's all about "bringing out your parents strength through love!" and teaching the power of friendship, having a person trained to test your compatibility levels doesn't seem irrelevant.
That's not exactly special since that's basically what every other main character does for another main character struggling. Cilan was simply filling Brock's shoes, but they made it a profession for some reason (which they dropped out halfway through Cilan's run).

Status
Not open for further replies.