• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 27th: SM106 - We Have the Sea and We Have Valleys! Pokémon Evolution Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Māmane wants to evolve the "Battery Pokémon" Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon. After discovering that there's a mysterious power present in the Vast Poni Canyon, he heads to the valleys with Dendimushi in tow. Meanwhile, Suiren and the "Sea Lion Pokémon" Ashimari are unusually enthusiastic about learning all of their master I'a and the "Soloist Pokémon" Ashirene's moves.

--

Satoshi's classmate Māmane wants to evolve Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon, so he decides to go to the Vast Poni Canyon, where there's apparently a mysterious power present. Satoshi's classmate Suiren and her Ashimari, on the other hand, have met their master I'a and her Ashirene, and are eager about the possibility to learn all their moves.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Please, please, please make Charjabug evolve and maybe Popplio as well!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Double evolution episode for sure, Popplio into Brionne and Charjabug into Vikavolt. Also, the seafolk have Primarina (as expected) so I see Lana staying with Brionne till the end.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ohh, sounds like a double evolution. Popplio evolves into Brionne my favorite Pokemon and Charjabug into Vikavolt. I was wondering when this was going to happen, now I’m happy.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy ****, a double evo episode?? Well damn SM :).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's completely random for them to suddenly want their Pokemon to evolve, yet it still makes sense given Lana's Hydro Vortex focus episode and how Charjabug is supposed to evolve.

I guess they put both evolutions (if they happen, that is) in one episodes since they didn't want to waste time having two similar episodes where a Pokemon ends up evolvin?

The fact they bothered evolving Ia's Brionne into a Primarina seems to suggest Popplio's gonna evolve, at least Reminds me how Sanpei's Frogadier evolved into a Greninja when Ash's Froakie evolved into Frogadier.

Remix2

Ya don’t get too excited about charabug evolving since it most likely going right back to the background for the rest of the series once it does.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I honestly don't understand why Sophocles is suddenly interested in evolving Charjabug, other than, oh he can just cause he's on Poni Island. Charjabug fulfills it's role decently enough for his experiments, so I'm not sure what advantages Vikavolt would offer. Just hope my nightmare theory of sudden power ups for the classmates just to compete in the league isn't true.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Either this turns into a double evolution episode, or one evolution episode, or no evolution episode (since the SM writers do have a tendency to troll the viewers).

My guess, Sophocles might either fail or give up on evolving Charjabug, while even-though Lana doesn't try, her Popplio ends up evolving.

playerking

I honestly don't understand why Sophocles is suddenly interested in evolving Charjabug, other than, oh he can just cause he's on Poni Island. Charjabug fulfills it's role decently enough for his experiments, so I'm not sure what advantages Vikavolt would offer. Just hope my nightmare theory of sudden power ups for the classmates just to compete in the league isn't true.
Maybe because it's the only place to and he hears from someone that it's possible to, and because he wants to have one.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This is most likely a double evolution episode, with both Lana's Popplio and Sophocles's Charjabug evolving.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think so too. I'm holding off judgement on whether or not it is sudden. They may give a solid reason in the episode itself. Curious to see Primarina debut properly here, maybe we'll even see Oceanic Operetta.

lolipiece

Staff member
I wonder if the new ending will have spoilers, or it's just gonna be like the first two, where they added new Pokemon and evolutions after they happened.

I'd argue it'd be pointless to have Popplio and Charjabug in the ending as-is for a single episode, but Litten was in the previous ending for two episodes before they replaced it with Torracat.

playerking

It's possible that both Popplio and Charjabug will evolve in this episode.
Yeah, but the person personally believes only one will, which is a possibility.

lolipiece

Staff member
Ah, I just realized. If Charjabug evolves, then that'd be a convenient excuse to change its voice actor and stop using stock voice clips.

bewearsus

There’s a lot of Brionne/Vikavolt merch out there. It’s pretty safe to assume that both of them are evolving.

nuzamaki90

Sigh, and once again I realize the true reason why I really dislike Sophocles. Even though Ash is the one who got it and an extremely cool Pokémon like Vikavolt would be great on Ash’s team, Sophocles is ultimately the one who gets to keep it, drowning to obscurity after this episode. Ughhh

But at least Popplio might evolve. Brionne is my fav of the line and an evolution means bigger bubbles aka more development for Lana lol

Status
Not open for further replies.