• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 27th: SM106 - We Have the Sea and We Have Valleys! Pokémon Evolution Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgPokemaster93

I could careless about theses evolutions because they won’t do anything with them Ash needs more focus I like this series but there really aren’t enough battles for Ash these Pokémon will evolve and do nothing with the evos

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Possible (and likely) two-in-one evolution episode. Sounds absolutely great and now Sophocles gets a real powerhouse. Brionne will be nice for Lana too but I wonder if it'll make Nagisa jealous.

johno1995

I think the classmates will split up and hang out with one of the spotlight characters. I definitely see Ash hanging out with Sophocles here, and Mallow with Lana.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Actually, I think there's a strong chance Ash will go with Lana since he probably won't get another opportunity to see a Primarina in person unless he battles someone in the League with one. Whereas he can see a Vikavolt in person any old time once Charjabug evolves.

Also, FWIW, it's probably safe to assume that scene with Sophocles and Charjabug running in the preview is from this episode. And Soph seemed like he was alone there.

Lightning Bolt

I am very happy that Brionne and Charjabug will evolve. They really deserve it. Popplio already faced the Wishiwashi Totem, learned Aqua Jet and Surf, and mastered the Z move Hydro Vortex. Charjabug unfortunately didn't do THAT much ... an episode focused on Soph and his team on the Hokulani Observatory trial would be nice, but they missed the opportunity and just sent Ash to Ula Ula. But Charjabug has shown to go decently well in battles although he has never faced a really powerful opponent apart from Kukui's Incineroar. Don't give Z Crystals to the classmates just because Ash already has it's very stupid. Anyway, I hope they surprise us and that these Pokémon are useful in battles. Tsareena only had a battle with A Persian (although he didn't stand a chance).

Nodame

Misty <3
Finally, we’ll see the cute Brionne. I can’t wait for all the training and evolution. Lana has been a great character so far.

Vipsoccermaster

Actually, I think there's a strong chance Ash will go with Lana since he probably won't get another opportunity to see a Primarina in person unless he battles someone in the League with one. Whereas he can see a Vikavolt in person any old time once Charjabug evolves.

Also, FWIW, it's probably safe to assume that scene with Sophocles and Charjabug running in the preview is from this episode. And Soph seemed like he was alone there.
Yeah, I agree. Ash will likely stick with Lana for the Popplio family. Vikavolt will always be with Sophocles and his friends, including Ash. If Ash had to choose to see an evolution, he would likely choose Lana.

I am very happy that Brionne and Charjabug will evolve. They really deserve it. Popplio already faced the Wishiwashi Totem, learned Aqua Jet and Surf, and mastered the Z move Hydro Vortex. Charjabug unfortunately didn't do THAT much ... an episode focused on Soph and his team on the Hokulani Observatory trial would be nice, but they missed the opportunity and just sent Ash to Ula Ula. But Charjabug has shown to go decently well in battles although he has never faced a really powerful opponent apart from Kukui's Incineroar. Don't give Z Crystals to the classmates just because Ash already has it's very stupid. Anyway, I hope they surprise us and that these Pokémon are useful in battles. Tsareena only had a battle with A Persian (although he didn't stand a chance).
Brionne evolving into Primarina? Already, for Lana? Or do you mean Ida?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I could careless about theses evolutions because they won’t do anything with them Ash needs more focus I like this series but there really aren’t enough battles for Ash these Pokémon will evolve and do nothing with the evos
Senseless marketing was never a deterrent for the writers of this show... just ask Rowlet who's #1 popularity status prevents it from evolving despite the merchandise it's already sold

kickachu

Momentai!
Possible (and likely) two-in-one evolution episode. Sounds absolutely great and now Sophocles gets a real powerhouse. Brionne will be nice for Lana too but I wonder if it'll make Nagisa jealous.
You mean like how torracat was competing with Lycanroc as a litten and it evolved?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You mean like how torracat was competing with Lycanroc as a litten and it evolved?
No, I mean whenever two Pokémon of the main cast evolve in the same episode. These sorts of episodes are rare and it'll be good to see it happen.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No, I mean whenever two Pokémon of the main cast evolve in the same episode. These sorts of episodes are rare and it'll be good to see it happen.
I think he meant the "popplio evolving could make nagisa jealous"

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah, I agree. Ash will likely stick with Lana for the Popplio family. Vikavolt will always be with Sophocles and his friends, including Ash. If Ash had to choose to see an evolution, he would likely choose Lana.

Brionne evolving into Primarina? Already, for Lana? Or do you mean Ida?
Probably for I'a since the summary directly mentions it as a Primarina .

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think he meant the "popplio evolving could make nagisa jealous"
No way I would have meant jealousy. Or even a rivalry. I see a possibility of it developing but it is said that I meant two Pokémon of the main cast evolving in one episode. And that’s that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's completely random for them to suddenly want their Pokemon to evolve, yet it still makes sense given Lana's Hydro Vortex focus episode and how Charjabug is supposed to evolve.
Based on the description, I don't think Lana & Sophocles intentionally want to evolve Charjabug & Popplio. If anything, it seems like Lana's focusing on her training while Sophocles is going to Cast Poni Canyon to study the magnetic fields. Their pokémon evolving just seems to be a happy accident. Plus, Japanese episode titles don't always try to hide these kinds of reveals like they do in the dub

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Based on the description, I don't think Lana & Sophocles intentionally want to evolve Charjabug & Popplio. If anything, it seems like Lana's focusing on her training while Sophocles is going to Cast Poni Canyon to study the magnetic fields. Their pokémon evolving just seems to be a happy accident. Plus, Japanese episode titles don't always try to hide these kinds of reveals like they do in the dub

That's not what the summary says.

Māmane wants to evolve the "Battery Pokémon" Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon. After discovering that there's a mysterious power present in the Vast Poni Canyon, he heads to the valleys with Dendimushi in tow.

And while the summary doesn't say that Lana wants to evolve Popplio, I wouldn't be surprised if that's her intention and the summary didn't mention it because of space limitations or whatever.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's not what the summary says.

And while the summary doesn't say that Lana wants to evolve Popplio, I wouldn't be surprised if that's her intention and the summary didn't mention it because of space limitations or whatever.

"Māmane wants to evolve the "Battery Pokémon" Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon. After discovering that there's a mysterious power present in the Vast Poni Canyon, he heads to the valleys with Dendimushi in tow. Meanwhile, Suiren and the "Sea Lion Pokémon" Ashimari are unusually enthusiastic about learning all of their master I'a and the "Soloist Pokémon" Ashirene's moves."

I could be wrong, but it sounded like the description was saying Lana and Popplio are learning new moves from I'a & Primarina, while Sophocles is bringing Charjabug to Vast Pond Canyon to check out the mysterious power. It doesn't sound like they're purposely trying to make their pokémon evolve

ShadowForce720

"Māmane wants to evolve the "Battery Pokémon" Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon. After discovering that there's a mysterious power present in the Vast Poni Canyon, he heads to the valleys with Dendimushi in tow. Meanwhile, Suiren and the "Sea Lion Pokémon" Ashimari are unusually enthusiastic about learning all of their master I'a and the "Soloist Pokémon" Ashirene's moves."

I could be wrong, but it sounded like the description was saying Lana and Popplio are learning new moves from I'a & Primarina, while Sophocles is bringing Charjabug to Vast Pond Canyon to check out the mysterious power. It doesn't sound like they're purposely trying to make their pokémon evolve

Um dude, did you not read what you just posted, while I can understand that the summary doesn't specifically say that Lana wants or intends to evolve Popplio, Sophocles on the other hand is a different story as the summary flat out states that he wants to evolve his Charjabug. Here is the summary(I also bolded the part that you seem to not be seeing):

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'a's back! I knew the Sea People (well, her) were going to be important to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.