• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 27th: SM106 - We Have the Sea and We Have Valleys! Pokémon Evolution Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Satoshi's classmate Māmane wants to evolve Dendimushi into a Kuwagannon, so he decides to go to the Vast Poni Canyon, where there's apparently a mysterious power present. Satoshi's classmate Suiren and her Ashimari, on the other hand, have met their master I'a and her Ashirene, and are eager about the possibility to learn all their moves.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
New summary:
This makes me think Oceanic Operetta is getting shown off here. I don't remember if it was used in that one Battle Royal episode.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Possibly, but it also says they're "eager about the possibility to learn all their moves." Popplio can't use Oceanic Operetta if it's never going to evolve to Primarina. And unless something happens and Gen VIII gets delayed to next year or something, Popplio is most likely not fully evolving.

If anything, I think it suggests Popplio is probably learning a new move. My guess being a sound-based move like Sing or Hyper Voice, since Primarina is basically the singing Pokemon. On top of evolving, as per the merchandise, of course.

Or, specifically, with Oceanic Operetta, I expect a scenario like this:
Part with Lana possibly opens up on that shot from the trailer of her fishing and Popplio and Nagisa playing. Lana hears cheering, and she and her Pokemon follow the cheering. Just like in SM40, they see I'a and Primarina performing. I'a finishes off the performance with Oceanic Operetta. Something like that. The subject can go from the Z-Move to having Primarina teach Popplio how to use sound-based moves.
Either way, if it gets shown off, I don't expect Oceanic Operetta to get touched on much, because barring unusual circumstances, it's probably never going to be seen again.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Well, Popplio to Primarina could still happen, but not at the pace this series is going through. Maybe in a special cameo episode in the future, but chances of that are slim to none. Popplio learning moves and evolving into Brionne is pretty much what we're getting here. I wonder if the friendship between Primarina and Popplio/Brionne (and maybe Nagisa?) will continue on.

Most Z-Moves in the anime are not shown off after shown once, so yeah. This would be the proper episode to show off Oceanic Operetta, as the ones used in the Battle Royal didn't really count. With that, that just leaves Decidueye's signature Z-Move to be properly used.

Because this episode is split on Sophocles and Charjabug/Vikavolt and Lana and Popplio/Brionne with Ida and her Brionne/Primarina, I'm expecting about 10 minutes spent each for Sophcles and Lana.

TheWanderingMist

Possibly, but it also says they're "eager about the possibility to learn all their moves." Popplio can't use Oceanic Operetta if it's never going to evolve to Primarina. And unless something happens and Gen VIII gets delayed to next year or something, Popplio is most likely not fully evolving.

If anything, I think it suggests Popplio is probably learning a new move. My guess being a sound-based move like Sing or Hyper Voice, since Primarina is basically the singing Pokemon. On top of evolving, as per the merchandise, of course.

Or, specifically, with Oceanic Operetta, I expect a scenario like this:
Part with Lana possibly opens up on that shot from the trailer of her fishing and Popplio and Nagisa playing. Lana hears cheering, and she and her Pokemon follow the cheering. Just like in SM40, they see I'a and Primarina performing. I'a finishes off the performance with Oceanic Operetta. Something like that. The subject can go from the Z-Move to having Primarina teach Popplio how to use sound-based moves.
Either way, if it gets shown off, I don't expect Oceanic Operetta to get touched on much, because barring unusual circumstances, it's probably never going to be seen again.
Um, yeah. I meant I'a would be the one showing it off in the first place.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, Popplio to Primarina could still happen, but not at the pace this series is going through. Maybe in a special cameo episode in the future, but chances of that are slim to none. Popplio learning moves and evolving into Brionne is pretty much what we're getting here. I wonder if the friendship between Primarina and Popplio/Brionne (and maybe Nagisa?) will continue on.

Most Z-Moves in the anime are not shown off after shown once, so yeah. This would be the proper episode to show off Oceanic Operetta, as the ones used in the Battle Royal didn't really count.

Hmm? We didn't see their Z-Moves then, just the base Sparkling Aria.

D

Deleted member 384931

Guzma's Vikavolt vs Solp Charabug so it can evolve. Lol would be awesome, but we can dream.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oh, Arceus. Hayate is returning. I hope Sophcoles's Charjabug/Vikavolt defeats him and sends him running. And it's not surprising that Kanoa is returning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Charjabug was evolving, shouldn't we have seen Kuwagannon on the list?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It makes sense why Ash and Kiawe are going with Sophocles since Hayate is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowForce720

If Charjabug was evolving, shouldn't we have seen Kuwagannon on the list?

no, that's not how it works, your getting things mixed up here when a pokemon is evolving in a episode we don't see it's evolution name in the va list for the episode, for instance take Rockruff, Bounsweet, Steenee, and Litten's evolution episode in all those cases when we got the VA list for their evolution episodes Litten, Rockruff, Bounsweet, and Steenee still showed up on the VA list for those episodes respectively. Their evolutions didn't start showing up on the VA list until after the episode they evolved in or the first episode they appear in.

Basically your looking at the wrong VA list to find out if Charjabug is going to evolve or not, the VA list you should be waiting for and looking at to see if they are going to evolve is the VA list for episode 107 if the VA list for episode 107 still have the Japanese names of Popplio and Charjabug on it then it means that those two pokemon didn't evolve in episode 106, however if it does have their evolutions Japanese names instead of their basic stage Japanese names then that would confirm that they evolved in episode 106 and if we get a case of where we don't see Popplio, Charjabug and their evolutions Japanese names on the VA list then we will have to wait until episode 106 airs to see if they are going to evolve or not.

The only way we would be seeing the evolutions name of the main cast that is evolving in the episode is if the evolution has a different VA from it's preevolution. For instance since on we know I'a has a Primarina now and we see a Brionne listed Voice by a different VA then the one that did the voice of I'a's Brionne then chances are it's means that Lana's Popplio is evolving in the episode and is getting a VA change when it evolves.

Now the reason we don't see Vikavolt on the VA list even though it will likely have a different VA from Charjabug do to the fact that Charjabug's VA died, could be simply do to the VA that they chose to voice Vikavolt is already Voicing one of the other main characters that would take priority over it. So just because you don't see Vikavolt's Japanese name on the VA list for episode 106 is not confirmation that Charjabug isn't going to evolve in episode 106.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Ah so Sophocles' kart rival is reappearing. I wondered why his team never made a reappearance. Wonder if we'll get shiny Vikavolt.

While I liked the gentler approach with many of Sophocles' episodes I like seeing him having some form of recurring activity with one of his Pokemon.

p96822

Evolve me please
I don't really care about Charjabug or Sophocles because they are boring characters and rather focus on Lana and Popplio.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Ah so Sophocles' kart rival is reappearing. I wondered why his team never made a reappearance. Wonder if we'll get shiny Vikavolt.

While I liked the gentler approach with many of Sophocles' episodes I like seeing him having some form of recurring activity with one of his Pokemon.

That is the thing about this anime and the continuity in it. If it happens early on, it will become relevant in a later episode.

Looking at Viren as the best example to me, what would have been a villain of the week, became a recurring villain for a few episodes.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't really care about Charjabug or Sophocles because they are boring characters and rather focus on Lana and Popplio.
On the other hand, if Lana and I'a really are the B-plot of the episode, then maybe there's a chance Oceanic Operetta doesn't get shown off here and therefore this isn't the last we see of I'a.

I mean, if all they're doing is playing and singing, I don't really see much opportunity for Oceanic Operetta to get shown off. Or any real reason for it to get used, for that matter.

TheWanderingMist

On the other hand, if Lana and I'a really are the B-plot of the episode, then maybe there's a chance Oceanic Operetta doesn't get shown off here and therefore this isn't the last we see of I'a.

I mean, if all they're doing is playing and singing, I don't really see much opportunity for Oceanic Operetta to get shown off. Or any real reason for it to get used, for that matter.
The summary seems to be implying that the playing and singing are real training even if it doesn't look like they are.

DatsRight

Truthfully I've been more invested in Sophocles and Charjabug than Lana and Popplio. I dunno, they just feel more dynamic and fallible, like Sophocles has went out of his way to bond with Charjabug.

Lana and Popplio are too passive and what personal challenges they get are too sporadic and easy, they're those character types that are fine falling into the background unless they're forced into action regularly, something needs to trigger their bizarre habits most of the time (we need more moments of Eevee mucking things up for them really).

p96822

Evolve me please
Truthfully I've been more invested in Sophocles and Charjabug than Lana and Popplio. I dunno, they just feel more dynamic and fallible, like Sophocles has went out of his way to bond with Charjabug.

Lana and Popplio are too passive and what personal challenges they get are too sporadic and easy, they're those character types that are fine falling into the background unless they're forced into action regularly, something needs to trigger their bizarre habits most of the time (we need more moments of Eevee mucking things up for them really).

No, no, no, I don't think that Sophocles or Charjabug dynamic is that interesting and I think Popplio getting better because it has something to do with Lana's goal. Plus you can say the same Sophocles have no challenges at all. At least Lana beat a Totem Pokemon and earned a Z Crystal so that does make Lana a little bit better then Sopholcles

Status
Not open for further replies.