• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: PM2019 095 - Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Journeys feels kind of directionless in terms of its mainstays really. While SM was mass-experimenting but tried SOME bits of recurrent plots and substance, Journeys just seems to be throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks, so it doesn't really culminate to anything.
In my opinion, Journeys experiments more than SM did. The whole 2 in 1 thing, PWC introductions of the Master 8.

DatsRight

In my opinion, Journeys experiments more than SM did. The whole 2 in 1 thing, PWC introductions of the Master 8.

Yeah it's weird really, most of the time one series experiments and then the following one has a more structured setup that develops on some of the things the previous one added (eg. AG then DP, BW then XY), but Journeys is even wilder and amorphous than SM.

I'm fine with experiments, Pokemon has been a formulaic show for a very long time so profits from some change ups, but it does have to lead to something in the long run.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah it's weird really, most of the time one series experiments and then the following one has a more structured setup that develops on some of the things the previous one added (eg. AG then DP, BW then XY), but Journeys is even wilder and amorphous than SM.

I'm fine with experiments, Pokemon has been a formulaic show for a very long time so profits from some change ups, but it does have to lead to something in the long run.
I mean who knows what they have in store with Koharu for example? Or with Project Mew? A little structure wouldn't hurt. It doesn't help that the structure is only added in JN063 for Koharu and Project Mew in JN071.

If that happen it will be the saddest day for me as i have been attached to these guys for past 20 years but hoping they give them a proper conclusion if they quits Team Rocket
Yeah, I am hoping for something really epic.

I doubt they will quit in this episode as nothing has lead up to it, but I am hoping we get something nice anyway.

Lol :p I wonder tho if this will be "a new experiment in JN with Team Rocket Trio"
Yeah; I assume the Prize Master thing was also an experiment and the BW series, neither of which worked (unless you count not forcing them into every episode).
Well, we will see what they do. They have been less annoying/better written since James caught Morpeko.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
These trio always are great when they didn't have plan any stole pokemon.
That why i want they get redemption and abandon TR job.

D

Deleted member 384931

I do think TR tend to be at their most entertaining when they focus on their legitimate ventures, where they go from being just stock bungling villains to down and outs with genuine talents but took up the wrong line of work.

It's always cathartic when TR try some sort of fair trade and actually WIN for once (eg. the Sinnoh contests).
I know right lol. I really wonder how Biff and Cassidy are going to influence JJM. And what they have been doing since they got fired/quit?

DatsRight

I know right lol. I really wonder how Biff and Cassidy are going to influence JJM. And what they have been doing since they got fired/quit?

True, especially since I also feel this is the one thing TR have generally been dynamic character about. They've slowly gotten more talented and capable of making a profit, no longer hungry and penniless like they were in early seasons. The problem is that whenever they consider just turning and using it to make a steady income for themselves, they get a small tease of success that brings back their Pikachu-stealing addition.

In DP they were routinely considering just ditching the organisation, but then they got promoted and put in Giovanni's favour so naturally were re-motivated as villains. By XY they had dwindled back to incompetents again, but then SM had them defeat Ash in a battle and get a Z Move, leaving them convinced they could win at long last. Journeys seems to be playing with it too, they got the Gacha, but that privilege is now draining and the choice of better careers is perking up. Wonder if it's time for something else to bring TR back into the 'dark side'.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't know what you guys will think of this, but the episode of Ditto and the TR seems to me to be one of the best fillers of JN and the best episodes of TR in general, To see that in the end they returned the Ditto of their own free will was really great
I loved that episode At this point in JN, they arent really evil anymore. Evil in the way of mischief, yes. Tho their competence sunk to a new low: stealing electricity to feed Morpeko, the eating contest. The whole Morpeko hunger thing was painful to watch.

Jezrocket

I just thought of a scenario idea for this episode: Maybe this time Butch and Cassidy would offer James and Meowth to work with them outside of Team Rocket ("Café Mix?") but Jessie would refuse to partner with Cassidy, run off and ensue some sort of temporary separation? …

Meowth would agree to stay with Meowzie (*she would have been rescued from the streets by Butch and Cassidy with the explanation that she had no happy future with her evil cat gang - they would explain that this rescue of Meowzie is what would have made them realize that they had no future in Team Rocket too).

Cassidy would try to convince James on the side and he would be reluctant but Jessie would hear a bad bit of conversation and mistakenly believe that he wants to join Butch and Cassidy, so, she would decide to leave?

Of course in the end everyone
would realize it was a misunderstanding and reconcile… with the explanation that Jessie will never be alone again thanks to the support of her 2 best friends

(And I was going to forget a detail: in anger, Jessie would break the gachat XP)

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I just thought of a scenario idea for this episode: Maybe this time Butch and Cassidy would offer James and Meowth to work with them outside of Team Rocket ("Café Mix?") but Jessie would refuse to partner with Cassidy, run off and ensue some sort of temporary separation? …

Meowth would agree to stay with Meowzie (*she would have been rescued from the streets by Butch and Cassidy with the explanation that she had no happy future with her evil cat gang - they would explain that this rescue of Meowzie is what would have made them realize that they had no future in Team Rocket too).

Cassidy would try to convince James on the side and he would be reluctant but Jessie would hear a bad bit of conversation and mistakenly believe that he wants to join Butch and Cassidy, so, she would decide to leave?

Of course in the end everyone
would realize it was a misunderstanding and reconcile… with the explanation that Jessie will never be alone again thanks to the support of her 2 best friends

(And I was going to forget a detail: in anger, Jessie would break the gachat XP)
That is a great idea i would love it

Status
Not open for further replies.