• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: PM2019 095 - Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Yada yada fake out yada yada status quo remains, and the gatcha machine remains. Meh.
Not saying the chance is big, but never say never. I would be about time it really happend. At worst they just think about their life besides Team Rocket, at best they get development

D

Deleted member 384931

Why do I have a bad feeling this well be a fake out
I wouldnt be surprised if it will be a fake out. But Journeys likes to pull stunts. At least it isnt a split up episode, it is a nice change of scenery. Tho if I would be JJM, I would quit tbh. They have been treated like garbage.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
You know what . I'm tired of Team Rocket beeing misstreated the last spit in the face was when they are not even in the Arceus Special, I could forgive this if this episode was happening while the Heatran accident was happening so the twerps are dealing with that and Team Rocket have their own episode. But nooooo. Of course this would be to original for this series.

So I'm fed up if they leave here or if they leave at the end of the year I don't care cause this is a freaking shame not using this characters. For the love of Arceus this series fails to deliver always.

Unless it ends with the gatcha burning in hell. I will accept that too.

D

Deleted member 384931

You know what . I'm tired of Team Rocket beeing misstreated the last spit in the face was when they are not even in the Arceus Special, I could forgive this if this episode was happening while the Heatran accident was happening so the twerps are dealing with that and Team Rocket have their own episode. But nooooo. Of course this would be to original for this series.

So I'm fed up if they leave here or if they leave at the end of the year I don't care cause this is a freaking shame not using this characters. For the love of Arceus this series fails to deliver always.

Unless it ends with the gatcha burning in hell. I will accept that too.
I mean the Gatchat wont stay forever. Either way, leaving or not, it is a nice thought that they think about life besides Team Rocket. After all this time, EVERBODY would have left Team Rocket, I can understand Biff and Cassidy. Tho Jessie, James and Meowth are the Idiots that stay after EVERYTHING.

DatsRight

I generally feel the big appeal for the mainstays right now is seeing how they have evolved throughout the show. It's why people are so upset when a series like BW resets Ash for example, or take catharsis in moments like say, Brock returning and destroying Kiawe in SM, they want some sort of validation for watching the show for so long and being invested in its characters.

TR are interesting cases, in that they are largely stagnant if resultantly consistent characters (besides a temporary character shift in BW). They have had some change ups here and there but being the bungling villains they have to stay relatively the same, and given they are still complex likeable characters, this can sometimes get lethargic or even depressing (eg. AG, where everyone was showing off their development, TR were stuck in the same rutt as their first appearance and just becoming bigger and bigger losers, with only a new motto to show for it, compared to say DP and SM, where their villain role was mostly the same but they had some of their own mini breakthroughs and journeys).

I think it's why so many enjoy their part time jobs or even desire for them to retire, since the show has made a point that TR can often be more dynamic in everything BESIDES their main role where they must always fail, much in the same way Ash was until he finally won a league.

It's also why an episode having characters associated with TR's very early days returning has interest. Will anything in terms of dynamics have evolved since then?

Last edited:
Ash only wins big leagues when he's using a Kanto Pokemon against a native current-gen regional Pokemon.

Otherwise, he gets creamed on national TV.
That’s wrong because Lycanroc isn’t from Kanto

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The wait for this episode has been long enough and not having any information at all besides 10 seconds of footage and a vague summary does not help, tomorrow we will have a preview and have more clues.

I'm waiting for it, I want it. Probably at his darkest hour, but a Rocket episode nontheless and these ones never tend to dissapoint.

After this we will have Alolan, Slowpoke and Team Yelp bulls**** I don't care.

Next week it's time.

It's Team Freaking Rocket time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.