• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: PM2019 095 - Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It seems like a wonderful episode

DatsRight

I admit I like when one of the mainstays manages to get some sort of long term advancement (eg. Ash winning the league, Pikachu getting new moves, TR finally winning Giovanni over). I know it's hard in a long runner where they're kind of dependent on being stagnant in their core for the most part, but some sort of change or development to show their whole journey hasn't been a waste is rather cathartic.

I suppose if any series is good for it, it's Journeys, which just seems to be trying any randomness to spruce up the formula.

D

Deleted member 384931

Question: what part-time job did Trio get in Journeys so far? Cant remember one.

I would like if James, Meowth and Jessie use Satoshi and co in how a dream can evolve. Like Dawns, Mays and Serenas, Especially for Jessie. Like their dreams evolve, even for Satoshi. References to their dreams

Last edited by a moderator:

DatsRight

Who knows what'll happen. We thought Brock would never leave after his brief departure in the Orange League arc drew such ire and yet, come Sinnoh, Brock left.
Depends really. I mean there was the alleged attempt to 'retire' them after the Operation Tempest arc in BW, which they bailed on after negative press. The same amount of time has admittedly passed between that and now compared to Orange Island and when Brock left, though there were other factors with him I suppose. They were blatantly out of ideas for Brock by that point and wanted to soft reboot the series after.

At the very least however, that example leads me to believe that if the trio were bowed out, they'd try to give Team Rocket as a whole a proper final hurrah. We essentially got a freebee Giovanni arc there, and at this point in time they'd likely want a bow out for Matori as well.

D

Deleted member 384931

Depends really. I mean there was the alleged attempt to 'retire' them after the Operation Tempest arc in BW, which they bailed on after negative press. The same amount of time has admittedly passed between that and now compared to Orange Island and when Brock left, though there were other factors with him I suppose. They were blatantly out of ideas for Brock by that point and wanted to soft reboot the series after.

At the very least however, that example leads me to believe that if the trio were bowed out, they'd try to give Team Rocket as a whole a proper final hurrah. We essentially got a freebee Giovanni arc there, and at this point in time they'd likely want a bow out for Matori as well.
I mean it would make sense. Team Rocket is the only criminal organization who has never been defeated so far or where major members were arrested.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
+ ALL THE TEAM ROCKET THINGS BETWEEN THEM. It is a wonder she came so far TWICE

You know the best part of jessie's contest arc was, the background commentary and moaning of james and meowth who were scared all the times..

DatsRight

You know the best part of jessie's contest arc was, the background commentary and moaning of james and meowth who were scared all the times..
I liked how Meowth's role slowly developed through the coordinator arcs.

* In AG he's just helping Jessie cheat most of the time.
* In DP, after it's revealed he and James failed to rig her first win, she starts pulling things of by genuine talent. Poetically one business deal Meowth made to ditch TR (but didn't have the heart) ended up a chekhov's skill.
* In XY, he ends up a background manager of sorts, making sure she gets inside info and her stunts work properly.

It's cute how by the end of it, despite their fear of Jessie, they are quite touched when they realise she was satisfied with her final result. Self preserving as they are, they do genuinely want Jessie to succeed.

Red and Blue

I just realized.

There is absolutely no way TRio is retiring here.

Because they still need to meet Galarian Meowth and Purrserker
Big missed opportunity to not have their old rivals own either Galarian Meowth or Perrserker.

Hurry up and show my favorite variants of SwSh Journeys!

Big missed opportunity to not have their old rivals own either Galarian Meowth or Perrserker.

Hurry up and show my favorite variants of SwSh Journeys!
I love Galarian Meowth so much!

I just realized.

Because Galarian Meowth and Purrserker still haven't debuted yet.

And there is no way in hell the writers are letting TR miss out on a chance to meet/react to the Galar Kitties
We need a TR and Cramorant episode a la the Secrets of the Jungle movie

D

Deleted member 384931

I just realized.

Because Galarian Meowth and Purrserker still haven't debuted yet.

And there is no way in hell the writers are letting TR miss out on a chance to meet/react to the Galar Kitties
Here not. Maybe at the end of the series? Tho idk if Purrseeker will debut tbh. I like Galarian forms, but they only are used in a few instances. Glararian Ponyta, Cursola, Slowking, Galarian Farfechted and Galarian Slowking. And with the whole world setting they cant overfocus on Galar either.

Status
Not open for further replies.