• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: XY&Z012 - Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraKshatriya

I'm glad we're getting his evolution over with cuz Eevee was eating up too much attention and hopefully that'll slow down when he becomes Sylveon. :)

For what it's worth, Serena's Eevee is confirmed to be Female. That aside, I agree that while giving it focus is nice, Noibat has certainly been unfairly pushed to the periphery in the wake of said focus.

NettFox

For what it's worth, Serena's Eevee is confirmed to be Female. That aside, I agree that while giving it focus is nice, Noibat has certainly been unfairly pushed to the periphery in the wake of said focus.

Its strange how in Best Wishes that the egg pokemon, Scraggy, was shown near constantly compared to XY's Noibat. It was kinda annoying that even with all that spotlight he had in Unova there was never an evolution that would've made it remotely worthwhile at the end. Still when Noibaby gets a developing arc it will be more satisfying with all the near non-existent screen time he's had before he evolves into Noivern. Ash has really been focused on flying-types this region.

Either way I'm glad that Sylveon is confirmed for Serena as obvious as it was from the start. Still I wished that it would've been kept on the unknown side since it would've been more surprising when considering its lack of a promotional spot on the poster compared to Noivern. Aside from it being the sole Gen VI Eeveelution there was only like what one specific piece of merch that stated it was Serena's Sylveon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

My bad I keep forgetting that she's female lol. And yea even tho Serena episodes are my favourites, I still think Noibat has needed Eevee's huge amount of screentime instead.

siopaulo

I posted this in the AS thread as well but thought I'd leave it here since I think this ep is where Yashio gives Serena the "you will never surpass Elle" message.

IMO the thing that Yashio is talking about that Serena is missing is independence. Serena travels with a group and is only able to push herself further when Ash and the others help her and support her. Elle travels alone and has attained all her success by herself. Serena also had to rely on Elle to make up with Fennekin and Pancham. So, at the end of the series, Serena realizes this and therefore decides to travel by herself and do performances on her own, following in Elle's footsteps. I came up with this theory since it lets Serena continue to pursure her dream, and at the same time, allow her to be "written out" of the group before Ash goes to the next region.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I posted this in the AS thread as well but thought I'd leave it here since I think this ep is where Yashio gives Serena the "you will never surpass Elle" message.

IMO the thing that Yashio is talking about that Serena is missing is independence. Serena travels with a group and is only able to push herself further when Ash and the others help her and support her. Elle travels alone and has attained all her success by herself. Serena also had to rely on Elle to make up with Fennekin and Pancham. So, at the end of the series, Serena realizes this and therefore decides to travel by herself and do performances on her own, following in Elle's footsteps. I came up with this theory since it lets Serena continue to pursure her dream, and at the same time, allow her to be "written out" of the group before Ash goes to the next region.

Hmm sounds possible tho I dunno if this episode is really going to be foreshadowing for her departure cuz it seems too soon for the writers to be planning that far in advance. I hope this is just a fun episode and not a set up for how she will leave. ^^

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So Eevee's gonna evolve this episode, into a Sylveon (shocker).
Kinda weird how it's already evolving, but I'm ok with it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Eevee's gonna evolve this episode, into a Sylveon (shocker).
Kinda weird how it's already evolving, but I'm ok with it.

Yes it is actually evolving but probably in an unconventional way, evolving without the requirement of a Fairy move but maybe after it gets hit by a Fairy move.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Yes it is actually evolving but probably in an unconventional way, evolving without the requirement of a Fairy move but maybe after it gets hit by a Fairy move.

Or Eevee could reveal Charm or a similar move here before she evolves into Sylveon when Serena shows her concern and care about her.

Anyway, can we say that Eevee's evolution is one of the most beautiful evolutions so far? I really love how the ribbon first appears and holds Serena's hand. It's such a touching moment.

Janovy

Banned
Anyway, can we say that Eevee's evolution is one of the most beautiful evolutions so far? I really love how the ribbon first appears and holds Serena's hand. It's such a touching moment.
I agree, love that so much. I do wonder if Eevee will learn a Fairy type move before evolving.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or Eevee could reveal Charm or a similar move here before she evolves into Sylveon when Serena shows her concern and care about her.

Like the only Fairy moves that Eevee can learn are Baby-Doll Eyes and Charm but I'm going with Charm because it has been used in the anime before so the animators won't have trouble animating it and it sounds more mature. Though they could give Baby-Doll Eyes a chance too.

04n70n10

Agree, for me is one of best evolution moment.

Later, seems that in the showcase part there is only pancham and Braixen, but there is also Sylveon here, if you look close enaugh you can see.

NitroLightningFlash

Agreed! :D

I was wondering if there'll be flashbacks when Eevee evolves, like with Braixen, though maybe they just did that for Braixen since she's Serena's starter Pokemon/Serena's first evolution. Either way i hope Eevee's evolution is at least near as good as Fennekin's was-most evolutions (for all the characters) have been good this generation so far imo ^^

I also wonder if maybe Pikachu took a hit for Eevee and that's why he was down and hurt badly whilst Eevee seemed ok (until she got hit and flew back).

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So we finally get that Pikachu & Eevee tag battle some of us were thinking would happen against Tierno and Trevor. Hopefully Serena can actually get a finished battle.

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
So, what moves do people think that Sylveon will potentially learn upon evolution? I would hope for Moonblast, but I'm unsure of whether or not that would be given straight away upon evolution...

AlexTogekiss

I would like if she learns Misty Terrain, I don't know, I think it would be a good move for showcases. Other move I would like her to have is either Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam

dean1234

Eevee is evolving too soon and its good but deep down I still feel shes getting a egg or something

Status
Not open for further replies.