• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: XY&Z012 - Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hmm, I can really imagine Miette's Slurpuff dancing with Ash's Pikachu and possibly reveal that her Slurpuff is female.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I really don't think the dancing or shipping moments will even last more than a few minutes at the very most. I think this episode will be battle heavy. The less shipping moments the better anyways imo.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Except it clearly says that she picked Clemont because of Bunnelby (at least from the wording); this wasn't about her crush with Ash, her just getting to dance with Ash and then partner up is just a bonus.

This only becomes a problem when Millefui shows up for some reason.

What?

Where are you getting Serena is too shy to ask Ash?

The summary makes it perfectly clear, Serena's choice is because of Eevee.

Eevee only really likes Bunnelby. Serena therefore has no choice but to ask Clemont.

"Lemme guess"

"guess"

--------------

Anyway, it's really not that far-fetched. "Hey Performer, you must pair with a boy." Serena might want to go with Ash, but either has cold feet and/or Eevee likes Bunnelby, and thus she pairs with Clemont. Besides, her Eevee could easily go with Pikachu (don't think they have a bad relationship), or she could choose another Pokemon, like Braixen to go with Smogonfrog.

Little Hero

"Lemme guess"

"guess"

--------------

Anyway, it's really not that far-fetched. "Hey Performer, you must pair with a boy." Serena might want to go with Ash, but either has cold feet and/or Eevee wants to go with Bunnelby, and thus she pairs with Clemont. Besides, her Braixen could easily pair up with Smogonfrog.

It still says a lot though; she did make the choice to use Eevee and the summary seems to imply or at least make a little obvious that the choice was more for Eevee's benefit than it was for her.

AuraKshatriya

What's amusing is that every time Miette has brought up Serena's feelings in front of Ash, Serena has been around to silence her before Ash manages to hear anything. It'd be really interesting (and an actual start to progressing their relationship) if Miette asked Ash straight-up what he thought of Serena's feelings for him while they were dancing, leaving Ash confused and left to explore that question in the future, hopefully toward a compelling conclusion.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
It still says a lot though; she did make the choice to use Eevee and the summary seems to imply or at least make a little obvious that the choice was more for Eevee's benefit than it was for her.

Perhaps, but the title and other synopsis and overall shipping bait emphasis suggests she could easily at the start of the episode have desires to partner with Ash, but cowers. Then she chooses Eevee, who picks Bunnelby.

I think it would be odd that she has not even a consideration of pairing with Ash until Millefui swoops in and reminds her.

AuraKshatriya

Perhaps, but the title and other synopsis and overall shipping bait emphasis suggests she could easily at the start of the episode have desires to partner with Ash, but cowers. Then she chooses Eevee, who picks Bunnelby.

I think it would be odd that she has not even a consideration of pairing with Ash until Millefui swoops in and reminds her.

The way I'm assuming it happens is that her first choice is Ash, but Eevee gets in the way of the process because it's too nervous to dance with Pikachu/wants to dance with Bunnelby. As Serena is trying to convince it otherwise/reluctantly decides to pair with Clemont for Eevee's sake, Miette arrives, and asks to pair with Ash after realizing Serena can't for whatever reason.

...i.e. I don't think Serena waits for Miette to "swoop in" before considering Ash. Miette probably takes advantage of an unfavourable situation Serena is put in after having initially tried to pair with Ash.

dman_dustin

"Lemme guess"

"guess"

--------------

Anyway, it's really not that far-fetched. "Hey Performer, you must pair with a boy." Serena might want to go with Ash, but either has cold feet and/or Eevee likes Bunnelby, and thus she pairs with Clemont. Besides, her Eevee could easily go with Pikachu (don't think they have a bad relationship), or she could choose another Pokemon, like Braixen to go with Smogonfrog.

Yes let's actually look at this episode objectively.

1. The summary mentions Miette's decision to dance with Ash AFTER Serena chooses Clemont, but okay it doesn't mean that'll happen in this episode.

2. This episode is about evolving Eevee, which is why Serena has chosen Eevee. Also Eevee probably still suffers problems, so Eevee being chosen make sense.

3. Eevee may tolerate other Pokemon but Eevee for a fact likes Bunnelby.

Now let's look at this subjectively.

1. Serena choosing Clemont probably has nothing to do with Miette, as I said the summary seems to imply, Miette seems to only pick Ash because Serena already chooses Clemont.

2. Eevee evolving is why Eevee is in the episode, its why Ash used Fletchinder against Trevor, because it was its evolution episode. Now obviously Serena and Ash didn't know their Pokemon were going to evolve, but them evolving is because they actually appeared in the episode. With Eevee still having problems with fright, it makes sense that Serena would choose Eevee over Braixen her only other female Pokemon.

3. The fact Eevee LIKES Bunnelby shouldn't be ignored. If Bunnelby is out and Serena chooses Eevee who decides to dance with Bunnelby then Serena is out of luck.

And I'd prefer to use a worse way to describe Serena if she did this, but I won't but it would be out of character for her to sternly yell at Eevee "No! YOU will dance with Pikachu and I'll dance with Ash Period! You ungrateful rat creature!"

Serena would NOT do that, Serena would accept Eevee's choice to be with Bunnelby and choose Clemont.

Sure my example was harsh but given that it is Eevee we're talking about, it doesn't matter what Serena says. Serena yelling at Eevee would be detrimental to its development. She could yell compliments at Eevee, and it'd probably scare Eevee, even in a stern voice.

So no Serena would have no choice but to choose Clemont.

lilgreninja

Amourshipping fan

1. The summary mentions Miette's decision to dance with Ash AFTER Serena chooses Clemont, but okay it doesn't mean that'll happen in this episode.

2. This episode is about evolving Eevee, which is why Serena has chosen Eevee. Also Eevee probably still suffers problems, so Eevee being chosen make sense.

1. Serena choosing Clemont probably has nothing to do with Miette, as I said the summary seems to imply, Miette seems to only pick Ash because Serena already chooses Clemont.

2. Eevee evolving is why Eevee is in the episode, its why Ash used Fletchinder against Trevor, because it was its evolution episode. Now obviously Serena and Ash didn't know their Pokemon were going to evolve, but them evolving is because they actually appeared in the episode. With Eevee still having problems with fright, it makes sense that Serena would choose Eevee over Braixen her only other female Pokemon.

3. The fact Eevee LIKES Bunnelby shouldn't be ignored. If Bunnelby is out and Serena chooses Eevee who decides to dance with Bunnelby then Serena is out of luck.

And I'd prefer to use a worse way to describe Serena if she did this, but I won't but it would be out of character for her to sternly yell at Eevee "No! YOU will dance with Pikachu and I'll dance with Ash Period! You ungrateful rat creature!"

Serena would NOT do that, Serena would accept Eevee's choice to be with Bunnelby and choose Clemont.

Sure my example was harsh but given that it is Eevee we're talking about, it doesn't matter what Serena says. Serena yelling at Eevee would be detrimental to its development. She could yell compliments at Eevee, and it'd probably scare Eevee, even in a stern voice.

But wouldn't Eevee still have to dance with Pikachu since it is a rotation dance after all. (It's a rotation dance right? Otherwise how are Ash and Serena paired for the tag battle instead of Miette and Ash or Clemont and Serena)

Kami_

with that cleared up, whats next to figure out in how ash and serena become partners

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
with that cleared up, whats next to figure out in how ash and serena become partners

Hm maybe they're allowed to pick different partners for the battle tournament or maybe they're assigned partners and Ash and Serena are just lucky to be partners.

lilgreninja

Amourshipping fan
Hm maybe they're allowed to pick different partners for the battle tournament or maybe they're assigned partners and Ash and Serena are just lucky to be partners.

I actually think that it is a rotational dance as can be seen by the lady in the blue dress who has danced with two different people as well as another guy who danced with two girls. Then Monsieur Pierre might announce that there is going to be a tag battle and your partner is the last person who you danced with. I think this is why Miette is partnered with James? rather than Ash and why Clemont is not battling with Serena.

Kami_

I also thought that they would choose their partners but it seems weird that miette would choose james. I think that some sort of draw will be done and the partners are completely random

I actually think that it is a rotational dance as can be seen by the lady in the blue dress who has danced with two different people as well as another guy who danced with two girls. Then Monsieur Pierre might announce that there is going to be a tag battle and your partner is the last person who you danced with. I think this is why Miette is partnered with James? rather than Ash and why Clemont is not battling with Serena.

Well maybe thats always a possibility. also i wonder if serena will recognize james while he's wearing his disguise, i mean after all he did help out serena when braixen broke her stick

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well I'm glad that we have official confirmation on Bunnelby's gender, and not just promising speculation. I'm also not that surprised that Miette's Slurpuff is a female, but it's still nice to know. I'm also assuming that James's Inkay is male, if he does indeed dance with Miette. And since it seems that the female Pokemon are wearing tiara's and male Pokemon are wearing bowties, then I guess that makes Aria's Delphox female and Monsieur Pierre's Klefki male, unless Aria's Delphox was already confirmed to be female.

Navin

MALDREAD

The guess was hardly far-fetched considering her personality anyway. Anyway, for all we know, she could have thought about pairing with him, but bows out. And then moves on to pick Eevee as her partner, and thus pairing her with Clemont/Bunnelby. As I said, I'd be surprised if they don't have her whatsoever thinking about the possibility of dancing with Ash until Millefui arrives.

The way I'm assuming it happens is that her first choice is Ash, but Eevee gets in the way of the process because it's too nervous to dance with Pikachu/wants to dance with Bunnelby. As Serena is trying to convince it otherwise/reluctantly decides to pair with Clemont for Eevee's sake, Miette arrives, and asks to pair with Ash after realizing Serena can't for whatever reason.

...i.e. I don't think Serena waits for Miette to "swoop in" before considering Ash. Miette probably takes advantage of an unfavourable situation Serena is put in after having initially tried to pair with Ash.

Yeah, this seems possible.

Janovy

Banned
Too much ship discussion for a show that has zero interest in pursuing romantic plots/developments.

Ultimately this is a Serena/Eevee ep and that makes me so much happier.

Graham Aker

Too much ship discussion for a show that has zero interest in pursuing romantic plots/developments.

Ultimately this is a Serena/Eevee ep and that makes me so much happier.

Then really it should be just that. All this fluff about "Uh oh, Serena's rival is dancing with Ash because Eevee has other prefences" isn't entirely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.