• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: XY&Z012 - Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
'Catch One' is a lot less ambiguos and actually hints at a possible capture.

I wonder what the new addition could be...

Janovy

Banned
In any case, Ash and Serena seem to be the stars.

Poor Clemont.

Then again, if catching Pokemon is involved, maybe he stays to care of Bonnie or w/e.

HeroOfTruthShaun

Ruler of Fire Types
maybe "getting one" will refer to ash and serena getting one dance oohhhhhh how awsoume would that be

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, come on. The moment Ash recognizes and learns what the word "love" is being used for him will be the day I say something is stupidly wrong in this universe. I'm not getting my hopes up since Serena will get the boot anyway. This show is about Pokemon, not the OC version of the anime kissing a girl...so I can at least expect an awkward Greninja dancing with Braixen, making Chespin a Yandere.

Which is funny because that aired in Feb 5th of last year. One week short of their first date when they became a couple. :) It's their 1 year anniversary dance.

What are you talking about? That happened a week ago in their time.

: P

AuraKshatriya

I think it probably means something like "getting one good time". It doesn't make much sense in english, but it might make sense in japanese.

In the Japanese dub, typically "Get" is the word used for "Catch". (e.g. "Pokemon getto-daze!" literally means "Get Pokemon!", but it's transliterated as "Gotta catch Pokemon!" This is where the "Gotta catch'em all!" tagline originated from).

It could just be a normal use of "get", but given the precedent, by default it's somewhat implied they're talking about a catching a Pokemon of some sort. To be honest, I am hoping Ash and Serena's relationship is more in focus this episode, rather than just a capture that just takes place at a party where the two happened to be dancing.

If both Ash and Serena end up each catching a Pokemon in the same episode that'd be pretty cool, though. It's never been done in the anime before for Ash and the female lead (Ash and Cilan caught Palpitoad and Stunfisk at the same time, but I'm sure this one will be handled better). Also worth noting that Palpitoad was the only Pokemon nobody knew Ash would catch in BW - it came completely out of left field.

On a side note, this sort of subverts a theory I had. I thought they might use Showcases to develop Ash and Serena's relationship by requiring a Pokemon Performer have a human partner with them in one of the upcoming Showcases, so technically Ash could get a closer look at what she does and be involved in her performance.

This episode might either imply that sort of idea's already being used (the two dancing), or that it might just be similar/pave the way for the idea (if it ends up happening).

@Date episode - Well, it wasn't an outright date, but many suspected it wouldn't be. It was the first instance of Ash giving a female a gift without being coaxed into it, though. And the ribbon was later used by Serena in her new outfit as part of her being inspired by Ash, which was a pretty cool touch. While Amourshipping is often kept at the side of things, they're clearly just developing it slowly. Amourshippers will likely appreciate any reasonable developments, though obviously they'd like more substantive ones. Whether or not things will reach a climax is unclear since Serena's feelings for Ash are unique amongst female leads.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I hope we will see Grenina and Braixen dancing together.

Last edited:

HeroOfTruthShaun

Ruler of Fire Types
i still dont get why some people insist on pushing that because it's amourshipping bait that there's going to be a capture or getting mega stones it's a dance party nothing more nothing less.
may i remind people that the first words in the episodes sentence is "Ash and Serena!" something big is happening.

the first amourshipping episode ash gave serena a present lets hope alot more happens here, not to mention we have a young female who could blurt something to ash at any time :)

dman_dustin

Dogasu translates this one in Bulbapedia as "...Catch One!" and said it's very likely to be a capture episode, id hope a new mon for Ash or/and Serena.

I have a feeling though that its a troll, and the Pokemon that can be "caught" are temporary if they exist and only used for the dance party.

So kind of like the Seaking competition episode in Johto.

I assume the term in japanese is "Getto da ze" which yes generally means capturing but is also used for badges etc. I don't think dogasu should translate it as capture before we have more info.

Maybe not, but I can't imagine anything else making sense. Because I doubt it refer to both Serena and Ash "getting" a baby/child.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
In b4 it's a competition between Ash and Serena for a captured Pokemon

Heh that would be great. With Serena winning and capturing whatever it is.
It seriously wouldn't surprise me if this was a filler with another Dunsparce appearing again with both Ash and Serena failing to capture it.

dman_dustin

It would be cool though if both Serena and Ash did catch a Pokemon in this episode, their relative last Pokemon of the generation, not counting anything potential after the master class/Pokemon league.

Heh that would be great. With Serena winning and capturing whatever it is.
It seriously wouldn't surprise me if this was a filler with another Dunsparce appearing again with both Ash and Serena failing to capture it.

If its about catching a Pokemon, pretty sure the title refers to a successful capture, but I guess could just be temporary.

phanpycross

God-king
I think an evolution makes more sense than a capture given the merch coming out, and it would make sense for Eevee to evolve in an episode focused around dancing.

dman_dustin

I think an evolution makes more sense than a capture given the merch coming out, and it would make sense for Eevee to evolve in an episode focused around dancing.

I don't mind Eevee evolving in an episode like this, but Noibat?

By the way we have had PLENTY of Pokemon caught that little to NO merchandise or evidence for it, namely Palpitoad, and if it wasn't for a mysterious piece of paper, Roggenrola. Hell throw Krokorok on there if you exclude the very spoilerific ending of best wishes.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I wouldn't mind a capture episode myself screw the merchandising

Status
Not open for further replies.