• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: XY&Z012 - Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So, what moves do people think that Sylveon will potentially learn upon evolution? I would hope for Moonblast, but I'm unsure of whether or not that would be given straight away upon evolution...

Moonblast seems like a good possibility to me for later although I would prefer to see her get Disarming Voice or Fairy Wind here.

Kacho

You are next.
im not sure if this is the right thread but i was watching the xy special trailer and then they feature alan vs ash...

this got me thinking. what if alan have CHarizard blue flame and Ash have Charizard the other one and then they epic fight off?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
im not sure if this is the right thread but i was watching the xy special trailer and then they feature alan vs ash...

this got me thinking. what if alan have CHarizard blue flame and Ash have Charizard the other one and then they epic fight off?

This is definitely not the right thread lol.

You want this.

Last edited:

NettFox

I posted this in the AS thread as well but thought I'd leave it here since I think this ep is where Yashio gives Serena the "you will never surpass Elle" message.

IMO the thing that Yashio is talking about that Serena is missing is independence. Serena travels with a group and is only able to push herself further when Ash and the others help her and support her. Elle travels alone and has attained all her success by herself. Serena also had to rely on Elle to make up with Fennekin and Pancham. So, at the end of the series, Serena realizes this and therefore decides to travel by herself and do performances on her own, following in Elle's footsteps. I came up with this theory since it lets Serena continue to pursure her dream, and at the same time, allow her to be "written out" of the group before Ash goes to the next region.

I thought the same yet after seeing how it happens in that sunset background after Serena performs in a showcase it seems to happen after she possibly loses. It could cram too much if it happens in Serena's Sylveon evolution.

Though what your thoughts on Palermo in regards to what she means Serena is missing compared to Aria is rather well thought on how to develop Serena's departure. I mean she has been alone yet she's grown the most with a group. So her deciding to attempt to further her goal by pressing on alone to hone her Showcase performances would be better than how most other female companions have departed after Misty IMO. Still it would be just as valid for Serena to come up with her own conclusion; When with her friends as a group she's managed to get this far by managing to experience more than most would by themselves and wouldn't have discovered showcases had it not been for their exploits together. Whatever conclusion results from this scene might make or break Serena for her tenure though.

I just realized that this is the first direct Pikachu and Eevee interaction since our electric rodent scared our Eeveeshy with his electric pouches IIRC. If he took the shot for Eevee in battle or danced with her as the other Pokemon were; this could be how the "Friends with Pikachu" shipping bait could be made canon for some part in the anime.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
From Newtype:

While she's practicing for her next Tripokalon, Serena receives an invitation to a dance party for Pokémon performers. The rule is that performers and Pokémon both pair up one male and one female, so Serena participates together with Eevee, Clemont and Bunnelby. But then Serena's rival Millefeui shows up and suddenly brings up the topic of pairing up with Ash and participating with him.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It was confirmed male ages ago.

Got it, wasn't aware that it was confirmed male ages ago. But still, I really expect Bunnelby to get along well with Eevee because Eevee isn't shy of Bunnelby.

NettFox

Got it, wasn't aware that it was confirmed male ages ago. But still, I really expect Bunnelby to get along well with Eevee because Eevee isn't shy of Bunnelby.

Now it's fridge logic as to why she's dancing with Clemont rather than Ash. Miette is asking Ash to participate so she can push Serena into confessing her crush as usual. Did voice credits pop up as well.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
What? Serena is teaming with Clemont over Ash? Now the smart answer is probably that Eevee wants to team with Bunnelby and so Serena puts it's needs before her own and chooses Clemont and Bunnelby. If that's the case then I give Serena props for thinking of her Pokemon's feelings above hers.

That being said, I don't know the name of ClemontXSerena but I ship it now. It might not be as powerful as Fatchanceshipping but I support it now. I wish Blaziken Mask was here to watch. He can look at Clemont with pride and say "That's my son!" And then Bonnie will ask Serena to take care of her brother, this way Serena won't just be a surrogate big sister anymore. If this is their battle teams then Clemont and Serena sadly cannot win since Miette has Ash, no matter how much I'd love to see Clemont get even with him after that laughable Gym match. It will likely be a draw but I'll still cheer for Team Clemont.

04n70n10

Serena needs to recover her Eevee from the last performance. Eevee loves dance, so good opportunity in this party, but needs a pairing and Eevee we know trust only Clemont's Bunnebly. Pokemon pairing follow their trainers pairing in this dance party (and so we have after, as seen in the trailer, Ash and Miette / Pikachu and Slurpuff) Seems logical.

So, Serena, good plan, but then appear Miette...

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hm this seems like it'll be a great way to give Eevee/Sylveon some more confidence along with its evolution in the episode.

Soniman

Break the Limit
f this is their battle teams then Clemont and Serena sadly cannot win since Miette has Ash, no matter how much I'd love to see Clemont get even with him after that laughable Gym match. It will likely be a draw but I'll still cheer for Team Clemont.

if you watched the preview youd know that Serena is paired with Ash, so sadly the "lumiose atrocity" wont be redeemed :p

What do ya know.It makes perfect sense why they were paired..and we thought it was a switch.Besides Ash can't dance and Serena wouldn't want to embarrass herself I guess.

AuraKshatriya

Ah, Serena has to pair with Clemont to make Eevee feel comfortable. That makes sense. Real underhanded move on Miette's part to take advantage of that and pair with Ash herself, though. Also somewhat jarring that Ash likely doesn't pick up on Serena's aversion to the idea. Maybe if Serena's lucky she'll get a dance with Ash at some point during the episode, in addition to the Tag Battle.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ugh, Bunnelby again? Seriously? There are other Pokemon on the cast you know...... -_-
Better ones at that.

If Team Rocket's not in this, I'm skipping it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ugh, Bunnelby again? Seriously? There are other Pokemon on the cast you know...... -_-

Pikachu? Eevee knows it is a killing machine.

Hawlucha? Dude can't dance.

Talonflame? Yeah, flying while dancing would look distracting and...well, Smogonbird.

Noibat? Ha ha.

Greninja? I'm pretty sure he's still bitter about that Sylveon.

Chespin? The little punk somehow feels the need to be so loud around females.

Luxray? Clemont has one?

Bunnelby? Totally the right choice, as Eevee is comfortable around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.