• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 28th: XY&Z012 - Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Ugh, Bunnelby again? Seriously? There are other Pokemon on the cast you know...... -_-
Better ones at that.

If Team Rocket's not in this, I'm skipping it.

Wouldn't have much of a problem, if it wasn't for Bunnelby getting focus in the Bonnie Puni Chan episode.

Pikachu? Eevee knows it is a killing machine.

Hawlucha? Dude can't dance.

Talonflame? Yeah, flying while dancing would look distracting and...well, Smogonbird.

Noibat? Ha ha.

Greninja? I'm pretty sure he's still bitter about that Sylveon.

Chespin? The little punk somehow feels the need to be so loud around females.

Luxray? Clemont has one?

Bunnelby? Totally the right choice, as Eevee is comfortable around him.

You're assuming all of Ash's Pokemon are male.

Noibat and Talonflame are "Genderless" right now.

And come on with the Luxray joke, Luxray has been appearing quite a bit lately.

It makes more sense to make the joke with Hawlucha at this point.

ShadowForce720

Wouldn't have much of a problem, if it wasn't for Bunnelby getting focus in the Bonnie Puni Chan episode.

You're assuming all of Ash's Pokemon are male.

Noibat and Talonflame are "Genderless" right now.

And come on with the Luxray joke, Luxray has been appearing quite a bit lately.

It makes more sense to make the joke with Hawlucha at this point.

Ugh, Bunnelby again? Seriously? There are other Pokemon on the cast you know...... -_-
Better ones at that.

If Team Rocket's not in this, I'm skipping it.

Just saying this ,but you do realize that the reason why Bunnelby is being chosen for Eevee's partner is because out of the pokemon that belong to the main cast right now the pokemon that Eevee has the strongest bond with that does not belong to Serena is Bunnelby, so yes it makes a lot of sense why Bunnelby was chosen to be it's dance partner, and it shouldn't be that surprising with how often Eevee and Bunnelby are grouped together.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Bunnelby went from getting absolutely no attention after Chespin and Luxio joined the group to hogging all of it... and people wonder why I disliked my favorite starter once again going to a Gym Leader (looking at you Mudkip)

dman_dustin

Just saying this ,but you do realize that the reason why Bunnelby is being chosen for Eevee's partner is because out of the pokemon that belong to the main cast right now the pokemon that Eevee has the strongest bond with that does not belong to Serena is Bunnelby, so yes it makes a lot of sense why Bunnelby was chosen to be it's dance partner, and it shouldn't be that surprising with how often Eevee and Bunnelby are grouped together.

That isn't my problem.

The problem is Bunnelby is ALSO getting focus in the Bonnie and Puni Chan episode.

This episode makes sense, the other episode does not.

It's even worse when you consider that NONE of Ash's Pokemon (except Pikachu) are showing up.

Well okay Greninja and Hawlucha could appear, fine, but still I'd think Noibat would be listed as well, or at least Talonflame.

ShadowForce720

That isn't my problem.

The problem is Bunnelby is ALSO getting focus in the Bonnie and Puni Chan episode.

This episode makes sense, the other episode does not.

It's even worse when you consider that NONE of Ash's Pokemon (except Pikachu) are showing up.

Well okay Greninja and Hawlucha could appear, fine, but still I'd think Noibat would be listed as well, or at least Talonflame.

Except for the fact where it is saying that the teams must be composed of one male and one female in regards to the trainer and pokemon. So yes it makes sense why were seeing Ash using only Pikachu here. Also before you try to say that they could use different pokemon during the tag battle, I wouldn't be surprised if during the Tag battle they are only allowed to use the pokemon they had chosen as their partner.

Plus considering Eevee has to have a dance partner that it would be most comfortable with it makes since why Bunnelby would be in this episode. Also in regards to Bunnelby getting focus in a previous episode keep in mind that as far as we know it could be that Bunnelby gets some good development in episode 10, but then in episode 12 all it does is really serve as Eevee's dance partner it doesn't really get that much of a focus.

dman_dustin

Except for the fact where it is saying that the teams must be composed of one male and one female in regards to the trainer and pokemon. So yes it makes sense why were seeing Ash using only Pikachu here. Also before you try to say that they could use different pokemon during the tag battle, I wouldn't be surprised if during the Tag battle they are only allowed to use the pokemon they had chosen as their partner.

Plus considering Eevee has to have a dance partner that it would be most comfortable with it makes since why Bunnelby would be in this episode. Also in regards to Bunnelby getting focus in a previous episode keep in mind that as far as we know it could be that Bunnelby gets some good development in episode 10, but then in episode 12 all it does is really serve as Eevee's dance partner it doesn't really get that much of a focus.

I MEANT in the Bonnie and Puni Chan episode.

I don't care about this episode in regards to Ash except trying to figure what the hell Ash is getting or why he's even in the title.

This episode is perfectly fine the way it is. Serena/Pokemon Showcase, and Eevee's evolution.

I don't HAVE a problem with this episode except in regards to Bunnelby getting two episode of minor focus within such a short amount of time. Something not all Pokemon are lucky to get.

ShadowForce720

I MEANT in the Bonnie and Puni Chan episode.

I don't care about this episode in regards to Ash except trying to figure what the hell Ash is getting or why he's even in the title.

This episode is perfectly fine the way it is. Serena/Pokemon Showcase, and Eevee's evolution.

I don't HAVE a problem with this episode except in regards to Bunnelby getting two episode of minor focus within such a short amount of time. Something not all Pokemon are lucky to get.

I'm not really seeing the problem here. I mean this is good for Bunnelby considering how it was treated before. I have to say that Eevee joining the main cast has to be the best thing that has ever happened to Bunnelby considering once Eevee joined Bunnelby screen time has suddenly gone up. So Bunnelby has to episodes where it receives some minor focus, some of the other pokemon have received some episodes of major focus which is more then what Bunnelby got.

Plus it's not like it's getting two episodes of a major focus. It getting two episodes of minor focus is going to hurt anything.

Rohanator

It's not like Bunnelby is even gonna do anything that important in this ep, it's used to set up the struggle later in the ep, Eevee can't be near other mons so Serena pairs with Clemont, but ends up with Ash later anyway so Eevee has to confront the issue, and most likely by the end of the ep it'll be on good terms with at least Pikachu as a Sylveon, if not the entire cast.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm not sure why Bunnelby is getting sudden hate for getting minor roles in episodes. It's not like it has 8 Gyms and a league to showcase itself. People often complained that Clemont's Pokemon minus Chespin are neglected, and now they do something with Bunnelby by giving it a minor storyline with Eevee and what does it get? Complaints that it appears too much. It's amazing that Serena and Clemont have such small teams yet when their Pokemon get screentime be it Eevee or Bunnelby there is complaints.

Plus it makes total sense why Eevee doesn't want to be with Pikachu, the thing tried to shock it in the Blastoise/Ivysaur tage battle. Eevee won't put up with that.

Navin

MALDREAD
While she's practicing for her next Tripokalon, Serena receives an invitation to a dance party for Pokémon performers. The rule is that performers and Pokémon both pair up one male and one female, so Serena participates together with Eevee, Clemont and Bunnelby. But then Serena's rival Millefeui shows up and suddenly brings up the topic of pairing up with Ash and participating with him.

Lemme guess, Serena wants to ask Ash. But at the last second, she becomes too shy and bows out again. Meanwhile, Millefui swoops in with her sass and confidence and asks Ash instead, making Serena jealous. And then instead of having Serena learn from the lost opportunity and have character development, the writers will pass by yet another flaw and still have her pair up with Ash for the battle, and reward a dance at the end. Lovely.

dman_dustin

Lemme guess, Serena wants to ask Ash. But at the last second, she becomes too shy and bows out again. Meanwhile, Millefui swoops in with her sass and confidence and asks Ash instead, making Serena jealous. And then instead of having Serena learn from the lost opportunity and have character development, the writers will pass by yet another flaw and still have her pair up with Ash for the battle, and reward a dance at the end. Lovely.

What?

Where are you getting Serena is too shy to ask Ash?

The summary makes it perfectly clear, Serena's choice is because of Eevee.

Eevee only really likes Bunnelby. Serena therefore has no choice but to ask Clemont.

Little Hero

Except it clearly says that she picked Clemont because of Bunnelby (at least from the wording); this wasn't about her crush with Ash, her just getting to dance with Ash and then partner up is just a bonus.

This only becomes a problem when Millefui shows up for some reason.

dman_dustin

This only becomes a problem when Millefui shows up for some reason.

Um....Miette's a performer and participates in Pokemon Showcases, and the Dance Party is for Pokemon Performers.

Unless you meant why Miette, and not the other performers?

Well in regards to Ash and Serena, Miette makes more sense than Shauna and Nini.

Little Hero

Um....Miette's a performer and participates in Pokemon Showcases, and the Dance Party is for Pokemon Performers.

Unless you meant why Miette, and not the other performers?

Well in regards to Ash and Serena, Miette makes more sense than Shauna and Nini.

Maybe I worded that wrong; I guess I should have said, when that girl shows up its more for 'shipping bait' and some character development, if any, on Serena's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.