• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 29th: PM2019 053 - Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If you mean Belle, being around a literal beast toughened her up.

If you mean Kairi...well, she didn't bloom yet.
Yeah meant Kairi lol. That Scene in KH3 where Xehanort just grabs her and she doesn't even attempt to struggle or put up a fight despite having a Keyblade right there lol
At least Re:Mind sorta kinda fixed that

Red and Blue

LazySpy

Kimty
What, we doing off-topic Kingdom Hearts refferences?! Can't let this opportunity slide!

Ackhm! I mean... Please ignore these and carry on thread.

DatsRight

If they give Goh legendary pokemon, they must give it to Ash too. They probably will. There are usually Kubfu in toys. If Goh gets a legend, if Ash doesn't, it's tragedy.

While I can definitely see that happening, I don't think it would break the show if Goh got a legendary and Ash didn't. Hell in all likeliness Pikachu could probably still mop the floor with anything Goh captures no matter how elusive anyway. We've past the point of Ash being stuck in a rut in terms of captures anyway, since in SM he was among THREE main characters that got a mythical and he's still the only character to have had an Ultra Beast on his active team proper.

I get people being concerned about a character getting preferencial treatment but the captures have never really been treated as must-haves accomplishment wise. Goh's whole drive is getting special Pokemon, Ash's isn't, he just captures any Pokemon that forms a bond with him. It's not like Goh is really outclassing Ash if he gets a legendary, especially since I can see them playing on the fact he'll still need experience to learn how to control said legendary if it were a permanent capture (the same reason I thought it worked giving Iris a Dragonite before Ash).

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I get people being concerned about a character getting preferencial treatment but the captures have never really been treated as must-haves accomplishment wise. Goh's whole drive is getting special Pokemon, Ash's isn't, he just captures any Pokemon that forms a bond with him. It's not like Goh is really outclassing Ash if he gets a legendary, especially since I can see them playing on the fact he'll still need experience to learn how to control said legendary if it were a permanent capture (the same reason I thought it worked giving Iris a Dragonite before Ash).
The problem isn't him going after and capturing a legendary. The problem is that the world building and writing is twisted and turned in poor ways that enables him to reach those milestones, without any noticeable effort from him. If it were that easy to corner and capture Suicune, then Eusine would have fulfilled his ambition a long time ago. Or the bad guys / poachers / teams would have won without much effort. It undermines every character who've actually been shown to put in on-screen effort and work towards their goals.

This is most apparent in the Zapdos episode, I'll go into detail about this some other time.

charinija

Pokemon Master
While I can definitely see that happening, I don't think it would break the show if Goh got a legendary and Ash didn't. Hell in all likeliness Pikachu could probably still mop the floor with anything Goh captures no matter how elusive anyway. We've past the point of Ash being stuck in a rut in terms of captures anyway, since in SM he was among THREE main characters that got a mythical and he's still the only character to have had an Ultra Beast on his active team proper.

I think Ash should also be given a legendary pokemon. In fact, in my opinion, Ash should catch the legendary pokemon even if he can't catch Goh Suicune. Ash is in a continuous loop. But this is no longer necessary.

For example, it cannot catch a better water type than Greninjas. Or a better type of grass than his Sceptile is hard. The same goes for Charizard. If Ash joins a league with his mixed team, he needs a legendary poker to take the lead of his team.

I say this independently of Goh. Because Goh will go. Ash will probably stay. Then we will say the same thing. Ash needs a legendary powerful pokemon.

Ash has been in the show for 20 years. If he meets Tobias, he will be defeated again. Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario or Dragonite, the cast is good but I think a legend should be added to this cast.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

The problem isn't him going after and capturing a legendary. The problem is that the world building and writing is twisted and turned in poor ways that enables him to reach those milestones, without any noticeable effort from him. If it were that easy to corner and capture Suicune, then Eusine would have fulfilled his ambition a long time ago. Or the bad guys / poachers / teams would have won without much effort. It undermines every character who've actually been shown to put in on-screen effort and work towards their goals.

This is most apparent in the Zapdos episode, I'll go into detail about this some other time.
To be fair Suicune can choose its trainer on its own. It doesn't have to be captured through battle or through poaching.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Gou’s goal is to catch all Pokémon no matter what. That includes legendary-mythical Pokémon. I have zero clue what people are missing on that. I have zero clue why I have to read paragraphs about it when it’s an inherent big part of the show and franchise baked into the characters core self and the main component of the series as collecting.

This thread is literally not even mostly of Gou, it’s a wishlist thread and circle of complaints of how this is an agenda or attack against Satoshi. (Tobias/Takuto revenge scenarios, Satoshi legendary catch scenarios, etc.) Gou can’t do anything that supersedes Satoshi’s image of success or it’s bad writing. No one has a problem with Satoshi’s goal and episodes being their own. You don’t have Satoshi focus episode threads being complaining of Gou missing out on something.

Morax

King of heroes
Gou’s goal is to catch all Pokémon no matter what. That includes legendary-mythical Pokémon. I have zero clue what people are missing on that. I have zero clue why I have to read paragraphs about it when it’s an inherent big part of the show and franchise baked into the characters core self and the main component of the series as collecting.

This thread is literally not even mostly of Gou, it’s a wishlist thread and circle of complaints of how this is an agenda or attack against Satoshi. (Tobias/Takuto revenge scenarios, Satoshi legendary catch scenarios, etc.) Gou can’t do anything that supersedes Satoshi’s image of success or it’s bad writing. No one has a problem with Satoshi’s goal and episodes being their own. You don’t have Satoshi focus episode threads being complaining of Gou missing out on something.
I'm tired of satoshi tbqh. His companions are the reason i'm still here.

DatsRight

Pretty much I mean, this was sometimes something that got in the way of other character's development. Ash can make an ace out of any Pokemon most of the time so there should be leeway for what the companions can get. But take the OS where Ash took both the water starters, leaving Misty with less ability to showcase her Water type goal (especially in Kanto where most water limelight went to Squirtle for obvious reasons).

I do think SUBSTANCE needs to be put into Goh catching such elusive Pokemon, I feel there definitely needs to be some degree of either challenge or plot reasoning to why he is the first to have one after others failed, like for all the mythical captures in SM, but the fact he is getting any at all and not necessarily Ash isn't the problem. Ash doesn't need to get the first of everything, if anything it makes for a more organic world if he doesn't (I actually kinda like he was beaten to being the first main character with a Z Move and a mythical Pokemon in SM, especially since he's gonna surpass them in use eventually anyway).

I don't really see Ash as needing vindication at this point anyway. He has Melmetal and Naganadel on his list (and several other Ultra Beasts they caught in missions which Goh will likely be hard pressed to catch), and as mentioned, Ash could probably train a common mon enough to beat a legendary anyway, as Pikachu has several times. They'd have to REALLY curveball Goh into a Gary Stu to have getting a legendary outshine him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.