• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 29th: PM2019 053 - Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I guess I’m one of the unpopular bunch. I actually kind of liked Goh from what I saw of him, though I only saw the first twenty episodes, I really need to get caught up.

Darn One Piece, it took over my life lol
I never hated or really disliked the kid since his debut. He does get development but he’s just a really boring character.

Decidueye23

Yeah. I dont dislike Goh persay. I just wish his character was handled better. Like in 44 episodes you try making him equal to a character thats been around for ages without showing the character put in much effort. That kinda makes his character boring. I eish they were not in such a rush to make ash and goh equals. I would have loved to see ash being slightly more of a mentor.

And tbh i wish the series itself was handled better. I said time and again that they need to utilise this world tour formula more. Take us to more locations that actually feel like different regions. Lake of rage, sky pillar, the ghost tower from unova,
Maybe couriway town in kalos, idk different places.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I guess I’m one of the unpopular bunch. I actually kind of liked Goh from what I saw of him, though I only saw the first twenty episodes, I really need to get caught up.

Darn One Piece, it took over my life lol

From what I have seen his character has had a couple ups and downs. First people were interested in the advertised goal, then a few saw him as BL bait, then a number of people got on the hate wagon after the Kanto bug episode (Sobble and Flygon didn't help this), then episodes 30-46 had some good development so a bunch of people got off of the hate train, now the Suicune episode has traditionalists and other fans back on the hate wagon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
From what I have seen his character has had a couple ups and downs. First people were interested in the advertised goal, then a few saw him as BL bait, then a number of people got on the hate wagon after the Kanto bug episode (Sobble and Flygon didn't help this), then episodes 30-46 had some good development so a bunch of people got off of the hate train, now the Suicune episode has traditionalists and other fans back on the hate wagon.
From what I saw the hatred of Gou started the moment Scorbunny Evolved into Raboot

That Episode kick-started most of the hate and it only descended from there with people calling Gou a "Psychopath" for refusing to listen to Scorbunny and saying that it didn't need to learn any Fire Moves. The fact that he didn't seem to notice Darmanitan tease Scorbunny about it didn't help matters and it made people say that Gou "doesn't care about any of his Pokémon and beyond helping him achieve his goal" which is a very False statement
But the way Raboot started acting around Gou after it Evolved only amplified people's criticisms towards Gou

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah. I dont dislike Goh persay. I just wish his character was handled better. Like in 44 episodes you try making him equal to a character thats been around for ages without showing the character put in much effort. That kinda makes his character boring. I eish they were not in such a rush to make ash and goh equals. I would have loved to see ash being slightly more of a mentor.

And tbh i wish the series itself was handled better. I said time and again that they need to utilise this world tour formula more. Take us to more locations that actually feel like different regions. Lake of rage, sky pillar, the ghost tower from unova,
Maybe couriway town in kalos, idk different places.
Agree with everything said here. I liked goh and his development, but he shouldn't be Ash's equal rn

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It sems that there are lot too who have grown fond of satoshi....

*Raises hand*

Me. Me. ME

I really have absolutely no issue with Ash staying around as the protagonist as I just said in the other session. Have no issue with spending more 25 years seeing him as the main character as he ventures into gens 17-18

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
*Raises hand*

Me. Me. ME

I really have absolutely no issue with Ash staying around as the protagonist as I just said in the other session. Have no issue with spending more 25 years seeing him as the main character as he ventures into gens 17-18
Same, he's a childhood hero of mine that I will watch always, I am never grown tired of Batman who has been with us over like 50 years and Batman is still coming strong and I always watch his movies: animated or real. Same with animated/real series. Never boring. Same with Ash.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Honestly i would hve watched the show even if ash did the traditional 8 gym challenge without winning the leeagues as for me atleast just the journey, companions and the pokemon he interacts with and catches are what males the show. Glad he won a league and all but it wouldnt have mattered to me if he didnt lol.
If only the community understood that during the XY saga when he lost to Alain :p

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
If Goh was a side character he could be okay at least.

As a Coprotagonist he fails.

Boring Goal, boring development, boring premise, boring character, boring backstory.

He is turning every episode more Ash than Ash itself. When you have two protagonists they have to be more different In my opinion. Of course he has not to be an emo or an edge lord but something different.

Also what is the point of a character that does not have any stepbacks? He is the perfect definition of a Gary Stu. He wants to catch Mew to be recognized. Not to investigate it, not to save a person not to save the world. Only cause it's special. And I really hate how other characters seem to like that behaviour.

And let's not talk about the "I want to catch all the Pokemon cause Mew has all of his genes " That's bull....

To be fair I would not care for this details if in this season we had a good Team Rocket but since they decided to castrate them by giving them the gatcha and pointless appearences I guess I will continue to complain.

Koharu is the saving grace of this season.

Man I just wonder how the Sword and Shield anime could have been.

Morax

King of heroes
Same, he's a childhood hero of mine that I will watch always, I am never grown tired of Batman who has been with us over like 50 years and Batman is still coming strong and I always watch his movies: animated or real. Same with animated/real series. Never boring. Same with Ash.
A hero is only as good as his villain. Batman will never get boring because the joker is a timeless/classic villain. Not to mention batman's personality doesn't change over the several retcons and universal resets. The batman of today is the same person he was in 1950 but Ash has gone through 3 major personality changes within a span of 6 years and that is off-putting to a lot of people. It's like the writers themselves are not sure who they want ash to be.

FatBigachu

If Goh was a side character he could be okay at least.

As a Coprotagonist he fails.

Boring Goal, boring development, boring premise, boring character, boring backstory.

He is turning every episode more Ash than Ash itself. When you have two protagonists they have to be more different In my opinion. Of course he has not to be an emo or an edge lord but something different.
I agree.

I was expecting a mentor-rookie relationship between Ash and Goh but Goh suddenly turned into Ash v2 without enough development.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Goh basically is one of the spin-off characters like the Pokemon Rangers or the Pokemon Explorers who work differently than a regular trainer. Although his mechanics closely resemble the main mechanics, he simply feels too odd to have around every episode because while he skips around and catches anything in sight without hurdles, it takes Ash more effort to do that due to lacking Goh's absurd luck (and...interest, really). Ash's captures so far dealt with hurdles (Gengar was a prankster and took two episodes to catch, Dragonite wouldn't be with him had Ash not helped him out as a Dragonair, Riolu literally almost skipped town as a toddler (what the ****?!), G-fetch'd was remotely the only natural catch, and Dracovish went Hoenn Armaldo until it (they?) agreed(?) to join Ash).

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Not to mention batman's personality doesn't change over the several retcons and universal resets.

Went from taking the blame of a killing (something he would never do even in the gravest of situations) to save a heroes reputation in Dark Knight to "Adios MotherF#&@er!!! Bring the guns online Alfred" in Batman vs Superman. Comics, it may be true, but let's not act like Pokemon is the only franchise to reset personalities for money.

Rohanator

You can't hold back characters who will only be around for 3-4 years from significant progress for the sake of being "fair" to Satoshi, if every character had to be scaled in accordance to his history we'd never get anything done in a single series. The bigger the goal the faster the leaps have to be and I for one prefer having characters with ambitious goals to only those who don't do anything just so that Satoshi can look better.

It's always been like that, Satoshi's friends make it futher in their respective competitions faster than he does and are often able to battle equally with him despite him always having more battle experience, his new Pokemon quickly rise to the level of beating opponents even Pikachu may lose against etc.

And on the flip side he also constantly beats people who are much older and more experienced than him, it's just the way this kind of story works, you gotta let the characters you're focusing on make big leaps or nothing would ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.