• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 29th: PM2019 053 - Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, unless they bring that one dude from Johto back, don't care tbh.

Master Pikachu 11

Well we know that in CT Suicune is the first legendary that we encounter, so maybe one of Goh or Ash can get it. Would like if this was an Ash episode instead of another Goh one.

I see they love their legendary episodes this series...heh...maybe Gou and Minaki? Gou is the researcher type and wants to get all Pokémon so obviously this will star him. Maybe Messon does something with it taking Hibanny’s shouldermon status?

I just hope this encounter bears fruit, Lugia lead no where, Mewtwo lead no where, Thunder lead no where. If even a character got Suicune that would give the episode some type of charm or substance. At this point we’re just treading over similar ground as the past encounters. It’s exhausting and indifferent-feeling, I wonder if these appearances are mandated as well?
Technically the Zapdos episode led to Raboot learning a new move so even though Goh did not capture Zapdos, it did lead to come good development to Raboot and Flygon as well as Goh himself.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
First the Isle of Armor reference and now a Crown Tundra one?

Unireon

I'd like a call-back to Johto or the fourth movie.
Minaki appearing will be a highlight.
As an opponent to Satoshi, they were about to battle.....

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It'd be nice if Ash got Suicune, he's been around for over 20 years just give him a damn legendary already! Suicune's not even that OP and would be a decent choice for a Water type(certainly better than the abomination), plus... potential setup for him actually meeting Ho-oh.
You need to have all three to meet him in Crystal

Eusine getting it would also be cool, doubt we'd see him but then I don't think anyone saw Chuck coming back

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I can't wait until Goh tries battling Suicine and Cinderace gets stubborn and only wants to use Pyro Ball to continue to how their bond. :rolleyes:
Ball spam, appreciate it :>

Samurott

Boy oh boy, the word "get" (meaning catch) in the title definitely makes speculation interesting. So I did a quick search of Japanese episode titles of the whole series and looked for episodes that used "get" or "got" in them that involved a main character trying to catch a new Pokemon. I found six episodes where they were successful and only two where they didn't get it. Since Ash got a Gible anyway, you could perhaps count only one episode if you wanted to.

Successful captures:
May's Munchlax - AG117: With Haruka Delicious, Get Gonbe!!
Ash's Turtwig - DP005: Naetle! I'll Get You!
Dawn's Pachirisu - DP019: I'll Get Pachirisu... No Need to Worry!?
Ash's Gible - DP157: Fukamaru! Got It!!
Ash's Meltan - SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!
Goh's Pikachu - JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Unsuccessful captures:
AG139: Rival Confrontation! Get Windie!
DP145: Fukamaru...Got It!

So assuming that we didn't have a 6 week hiatus, a schedule change, and then a 3 week hiatus, if I'm not wrong, then this episode would've originally aired on October 25th, which is much closer to the Crown Tundra release date. As someone mentioned already, the Diglett episode before it could be an Isle of Armor reference and this one could be Crown Tundra. With how important Suicune is to the series, and especially for Ash, I can't imagine anyone else getting it other than him. Goh is too inexperienced to control a legendary and Chloe is a brand new trainer.

Another question to ask is if this is Crown Tundra, then would this Suicune be a different one from Johto, or would it be the same one? It's hard to tell how many of each legendary beast exist, other than the shiny ones in movie 13.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Boy oh boy, the word "get" (meaning catch) in the title definitely makes speculation interesting. So I did a quick search of Japanese episode titles of the whole series and looked for episodes that used "get" or "got" in them that involved a main character trying to catch a new Pokemon. I found six episodes where they were successful and only two where they didn't get it. Since Ash got a Gible anyway, you could perhaps count only one episode if you wanted to.

Successful captures:
May's Munchlax - AG117: With Haruka Delicious, Get Gonbe!!
Ash's Turtwig - DP005: Naetle! I'll Get You!
Dawn's Pachirisu - DP019: I'll Get Pachirisu... No Need to Worry!?
Ash's Gible - DP157: Fukamaru! Got It!!
Ash's Meltan - SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!
Goh's Pikachu - JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Unsuccessful captures:
AG139: Rival Confrontation! Get Windie!
DP145: Fukamaru...Got It!

So assuming that we didn't have a 6 week hiatus, a schedule change, and then a 3 week hiatus, if I'm not wrong, then this episode would've originally aired on October 25th, which is much closer to the Crown Tundra release date. As someone mentioned already, the Diglett episode before it could be an Isle of Armor reference and this one could be Crown Tundra. With how important Suicune is to the series, and especially for Ash, I can't imagine anyone else getting it other than him. Goh is too inexperienced to control a legendary and Chloe is a brand new trainer.

Another question to ask is if this is Crown Tundra, then would this Suicune be a different one from Johto, or would it be the same one? It's hard to tell how many of each legendary beast exist, other than the shiny ones in movie 13.
It's been long confirmed that there are multiple of the same species of Legendary in the anime. Most obvious being the Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Eon Duo, and Heatran.

Master Pikachu 11

It'd be nice if Ash got Suicune, he's been around for over 20 years just give him a damn legendary already! Suicune's not even that OP and would be a decent choice for a Water type(certainly better than the abomination), plus... potential setup for him actually meeting Ho-oh.
You need to have all three to meet him in Crystal

Eusine getting it would also be cool, doubt we'd see him but then I don't think anyone saw Chuck coming back
Suicune is probably my favorite of the Beast trio so I think that would be a really cool idea to have him catch the beasts in order to actually meet Ho-oh. It would be something different since Alternate movie Ash has already interacted with and battled Ho-oh.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One word about the Diancie movie not being canon: CARBINK
That's the stupidest argument. Is Orange islands non canon as well because Ash didn't recognize Kingdra in Cissy's gym? Heck even in Carbink's debut episode in XY, I don't think Ash didn't know who carbink was even if it got scanned, plus Astrid should be a huge indicator of how that movie is canon to the main series

BobbbidyBob

Have Ash catch this one pleease! Also why are they bringing back so many legendaries right now? I thought fans were more interested in seeing past characters return instead?

Master Pikachu 11

Have Ash catch this one pleease! Also why are they bringing back so many legendaries right now? I thought fans were more interested in seeing past characters return instead?
I am sure they will bring back characters after this episode. They want to make sure they cover all the Pokémon that appeared in the poster first and once Suicune has showed up then they can take care of bringing more old characters back along showcasing other Pokémon

ShadowForce720

I am sure they will bring back characters after this episode. They want to make sure they cover all the Pokémon that appeared in the poster first and once Suicune has showed up then they can take care of bringing more old characters back along showcasing other Pokémon

And who knows there is a possibility that Eusine could show up in this episode. Also before someone tries to argue that, that couldn’t happen or that the people in charge of the anime would do that, at the end of the day not that many people would have thought Chuck would return and yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.