• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 29th: PM2019 053 - Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I doubt anyone is catching Suicune here lol

Also I noticed it seems like we might be meeting a member of a Legendary Trio through each Gen?

First it was Zapdos (Legendary Bird Trio)

Now it's Suicune (Legendary Dog Trio)

It this continues then I'm assuming next up will be one of the Regis! Regirock, Regice, or Registeel?

And afterwards we'll get either Uxie, Azelf, or Mespirit.

Then either Tornadus, Thundurus, or (UGH) Landorus :mad:
(Or Alternatively, Cobalion, Terrakion or Virizion???)

Then either Xerneas, Yveltal, or most likely Zygarde (Could be a good opportunity to check up on Greninja as well)

And finally Solgaleo, Lunala or Necrozma???

This is just all speculation of course so no need to really take me too seriously here

Sword master zacian

Also I noticed it seems like we might be meeting a member of a Legendary Trio through each Gen?

It this continues then I'm assuming next up will be one of the Regis! Regirock, Regice, or Registeel?

Then either Xerneas, Yveltal, or most likely Zygarde (Could be a good opportunity to check up on Greninja as well)

This is just all speculation of course so no need to really take me too seriously here
I think all the legendaries would have their own episode or arc
We have already got lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, zapdos, zacian, zamazenta, eternatus and upcoming suicune
Cameo of reshiram,zekrom and rayquaza

D

Deleted member 384931

Zygarde is probably the only legendary they cant make a new story for in this series. Yveltal and Xerneas didnt even appear that much during XY.

Lacuna

Goodnight

If this ends up true, I would really like to see Registeel next! It'd potentially be a good way to debut Regieleki and/or Regidrago too, eventually.

I'm kinda having a hard time imagining one of the Lake trio just casually making an appearance though, since they're asleep, and I don't know if it would possible for there to be multiple of them (like with Zapdos). I can just imagine that somewhere, Dawn gets a headache because Mesprit got dragged into a raid battle...

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Gen3 Regi's or Lati's

Gen4 possibly Darkrai Cresselia Heatran Manaphy

Gen5 Swords of justice

Gen 6 probably Zygarde

Gen 7 Tapu's and ultra-beasts

Gen8 birds Kubfu and Regi's

I wonder if they'll do the Calyrex plotline?

Considering how they stuck to the games with Goh technically capturing Eternatus, I wouldn't be surprised if Goh captures Suicune considering how it is the first legendary you can capture in the Crown of Tundra.

It seems unlikely that they would let Goh keep Suicune, so there's a very good chance he might capture it and then release it.

Between this and the planetarium special, there is a lot of Suicune promotion going on currently. It seems interesting for the greater franchise, but I don't think there has been enough anime related merchandise and promotion to suggest a capture.

In a world where Goh caught Suicune though, what would he use it for? Given its popularity, he would definitely use it at some point.

Power wise Suicune is a relatively weak legendary, but it could still be used for capturing strong Pokemon and legendaries.

Its connection to Ho-oh is interesting, but I don't know if we'll get another Ho-oh episode. They may avoid it because of Ash.

Finally is its water purifying ability, which is the most unique thing about it, but is very situational.

Are there any plotlines involving legendary or regular Pokemon that would make use of Suicunes abilities?

Rohanator

Suicune is the guaranteed first raid in the Max Lair for every Crown Tundra player and the first legendary that the story actually kinda directs you to catch in the main series in general in Crystal, so if they wanted to make that the first succesful Legendary catch for a main character I would see why.

Mythical-Moonlight

So considering that Suicune is a Legendary WATER Type Pokémon that Goh will likely try his hardest to catch

How well will Cinderace and Flygon fair against this one?

To Cinderace's credit, he took out Oleana's Milotic.
And he's stronger now than he was when he took on Zapdos

Tho Suicune is arguably a much bigger and stronger deal than that Milotic was by the virtue of being a Legendary which are usually portrayed as nearly invulnerable in the Anime

Of course Type Advantages in Pokémon have always been inconsistent at the very least...

Raboot took out Milotic but got 1-Hit KO'd by Aerodactyl just a few episodes prior for instance.

It's really hard to say how he's gonna fair against Suicune

Master Pikachu 11

Between this and the planetarium special, there is a lot of Suicune promotion going on currently. It seems interesting for the greater franchise, but I don't think there has been enough anime related merchandise and promotion to suggest a capture.

In a world where Goh caught Suicune though, what would he use it for? Given its popularity, he would definitely use it at some point.

Power wise Suicune is a relatively weak legendary, but it could still be used for capturing strong Pokemon and legendaries.

Its connection to Ho-oh is interesting, but I don't know if we'll get another Ho-oh episode. They may avoid it because of Ash.

Finally is its water purifying ability, which is the most unique thing about it, but is very situational.

Are there any plotlines involving legendary or regular Pokemon that would make use of Suicunes abilities?
So considering that Suicune is a Legendary WATER Type Pokémon that Goh will likely try his hardest to catch

How well will Cinderace and Flygon fair against this one?

To Cinderace's credit, he took out Oleana's Milotic.
And he's stronger now than he was when he took on Zapdos

Tho Suicune is arguably a much bigger and stronger deal than that Milotic was by the virtue of being a Legendary which are usually portrayed as nearly invulnerable in the Anime

Of course Type Advantages in Pokémon have always been inconsistent at the very least...

Raboot took out Milotic but got 1-Hit KO'd by Aerodactyl just a few episodes prior for instance.

It's really hard to say how he's gonna fair against Suicune
How do you know that it wouldn’t be an Ash episode instead? Who is to say that Ash couldn’t catch Suicune instead of Goh. I mean like Aceburn said it is considered a weak legendary Pokémon so it wouldn’t make Ash overpowered to use in battle.

Mythical-Moonlight

How do you know that it wouldn’t be an Ash episode instead? Who is to say that Ash couldn’t catch Suicune instead of Goh. I mean like Aceburn said it is considered a weak legendary Pokémon so it wouldn’t make Ash overpowered to use in battle.
Because the episode prior to this one will be an Ash Episode. (G. Farfetch'd)

Two Ash centric Episodes in a row is pure hershey in this series

Plus regardless of whether he catches it or not, Goh will still make an attempt

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

So far Ash has only demonstrated a desire to battle legendaries not catch them.

PV for 50 makes it seem like Ash will get Dracovish. I don't see him getting Dracovish, possibly evolving Galarfetchd, then catching Suicune in the space of 3 episodes.

If Ash doesn't catch Dracovish, then I could imagine him possibly getting Suicune, especially if year 2 focusses more on the PWC.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

The planetarium special is about Suicune because Suicune is the aurora Pokémon and the subject of the special is the solar cycle's effect on auroras. It has nothing to do with anything else. It's absolutely absurd how much supposed importance westerners are giving this obscure educational short most Japanese fans don't even know exists. Nobody acted like this with any of the earlier planetarium specials. Stop it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If I recall Suicune is popular and good at the competitive scene so it being an Ash catch could work even if I don't see it coming.

Either way, not expecting anyone to catch it, honestly.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If I recall Suicune is popular and good at the competitive scene so it being an Ash catch could work even if I don't see it coming.

Either way, not expecting anyone to catch it, honestly.
I mean, who would? After the Zapdos shenanigans, it’s prob likely that this will end the same way: No one catches it.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
The planetarium special is about Suicune because Suicune is the aurora Pokémon and the subject of the special is the solar cycle's effect on auroras. It has nothing to do with anything else. It's absolutely absurd how much supposed importance westerners are giving this obscure educational short most Japanese fans don't even know exists. Nobody acted like this with any of the earlier planetarium specials. Stop it.

I wasn't around back then. You can't expect western fans, especially not those new to the anime to understand all of the ins and outs of the Pokemon marketing.

Thank you for the clarification, but don't assume that everyone comes to these speculation boards with the same knowledge of the franchise.

Trillion

this seems like an overreaction. he didn't put that much importance on it, he just mentioned it and said it was interesting. he even said he doesn't think it means there will be a capture

Status
Not open for further replies.