• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 29th: PM2019 053 - Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ97

I never had a problem with Tobias outside it was a bit unfair to have someone that strong conveniently participating in the league but its whatever, Sceptile took out his Darkrai, so I'm good.

I think it's fair to say majority of the fanbase hate on Tobias as this unrealistic trainer, refer to him as the action replay hacker etc. At least the guy seemed way more mature, older than Goh and at least had 8 badges (Hence, a lot more battling experience).

Considering the fact that Goh has captured 2 legendaries so far and almost captured 1, I think this really changes how Tobias's character should be looked at and referred to from now on.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yup, seems that way. That'd explain that one magazine image we got a while back where it looked like he was doing just that!
uQw4U1i.jpg

OH, now I see what that cut-off text at the top says. It's "The Legendary Pokémon Suicune Battles Alongside Go!"

Interpret that as you wish.

BobbbidyBob

OH, now I see what that cut-off text at the top says. It's "The Legendary Pokémon Suicune Battles Alongside Go!"

Interpret that as you wish.
Suicune battles with Goh and then bye bye

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Just going to say this: would there be merchandise on Suicune if it's just going to be released at the end of the episode?

Just a thing to think about.

ash's pikachu is most likely a "6 perfect iv" Pokemon. Such a pokemon is as valuable as the legends. So it goes without saying that Ash's pikachu. Sceptile barely defeated Darkrai as the 5th pokemon. And Sceptile is one of Ash's 5 strongest pokemon in my opinion. If Darkrai wasn't tired, he couldn't beat it. There will be exceptions, of course. But what I'm trying to say will not change.

Just saying, a Pikachu with six perfect IVs would still get wrecked by a Latios - so this is a ridiculous argument to make.

You're literally saying Go would be unbeatable. So how can you stick to that argument when you're acknowledging Pikachu's former achievements?! Especially when Electric -> Water, where most of its previous achievements were against pokemon with a defensive type advantage (Koko, Latios).

Sceptile was the 4th, not the 5th. Ash still had Swellow and Pikachu in the back. Heracross did damage, but got wrecked by Dream Eater, restoring Darkrai's HP. Gible did some damage, but not much. Torkoal got insta-wrecked. So without much room to disagree, Sceptile basically had to start from scratch.

Except it would ruin all immersion and believability of the characters if they could destroy everything with such powerful Pokemon. The anime would have officially jumped the shark.

Wait, there was a point where you felt immersion in this anime where the central characters are fictional monsters?

Dafuq? xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Goh really is a Gary Stu, couldn't they at least let Ash get a singular legendary first? This is just complete and utter bull!
The only trainers who had legendary Pokemon were talented trainers; Brandon owned several and had powerful Pokemon that he presumably raised himself to back them up, Noland was close friends with Articuno but it easily could have been his own had he wanted it, Tobias had an army though he was more of a rather obvious last minute plot device but he still deserved them more than Goh does, Silvally is manmade so Gladion getting it is acceptable especially as Lycanroc was more often shown as an obstacle for Ash than the legendary was.

Only extremely powerful Pokemon like Charizard and Pikachu were capable of beating legendary Pokemon, heck Ash was the only one within the whole damn Sinnoh conference to actually beat a single of Tobias' Pokemon! Legendary Pokemon aren't gods, well some are but it's not like obtaining Latios/Latias or Nebby would make Ash unbeatable, he's in the PWC where the strongest trainers are competiting. Besides Ash isn't the type to turn Tobias and start utilizing a Latios 24/7, and it's not like they'd actually give Ash a Rayquaza/Zygarde so he can lay waste to the champions.

I sincerely hope it's clickbait, Goh doesn't deserve Suicune nor will he ever. People may blame XY for starting the legendary Pokemon looking weak but SM is truly to blame, Kyogre the same legendary who almost drowned the entire world mere weeks prior was threatened by a pathetic group of poachers instead of a movie level villain or utilizing the Matori Matrix

Goh is basically the Pokemon equivalent of Rey if he catches Suicune.
1c30b1c4a9c84ea2ed43258496f04bd0ecbfab55a22da6d7ccfc971ef18c73ba_1.jpg
And both characters just happen to have equally annoying fans who bash the old popular characters everyone loves while uplifting the shitty new ones! I have no respect for fans of either

ShadowForce720

Just going to say this: would there be merchandise on Suicune if it's just going to be released at the end of the episode?

Just a thing to think about.

Just saying, a Pikachu with six perfect IVs would still get wrecked by a Latios - so this is a ridiculous argument to make.

You're literally saying Go would be unbeatable. So how can you stick to that argument when you're acknowledging Pikachu's former achievements?! Especially when Electric -> Water, where most of its previous achievements were against pokemon with a defensive type advantage (Koko, Latios).

Sceptile was the 4th, not the 5th. Ash still had Swellow and Pikachu in the back. Heracross did damage, but got wrecked by Dream Eater, restoring Darkrai's HP. Gible did some damage, but not much. Torkoal got insta-wrecked. So without much room to disagree, Sceptile basically had to start from scratch.

Wait, there was a point where you felt immersion in this anime where the central characters are fictional monsters?

Dafuq? xD

So do you want to take a guess at what Suicune’s move set will be?

Guy100

We'll see. They've done troll cuts before, remember the Pikachu ep preview?
well Goh's pokedex did register Suicune in the preview, so I think the capture is legit. Plus the magizine scan does show him commanding it or it seems that way.

However, its still unfair, seeing how Ash has not caught a legendary let.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
well Goh's pokedex did register Suicune in the preview, so I think the capture is legit. Plus the magizine scan does show him commanding it or it seems that way.

However, its still unfair, seeing how Ash has not caught a legendary let.
You must be quite gullible if you never considered the option of him releasing it at the end first.

Guy100

You must be quite gullible if you never considered the option of him releasing it at the end first.
people never considered the option of him catching it, and look what was previewed. This show is breaking traditions, and if he keeps it, then thats that. I dont think goh will be sticking around the series for much longer any away, which is why the writers are spoiling him early.

mystreon

the elder eevee
The diglett episode was fun tbh, koharu is helping the group feel more, uh well its hard to explain, it just feels like it vibes better now with all three of them?

But yea damn, go catch's suicuine??? wtf theres no way hes keeping it

Status
Not open for further replies.