1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

January 30: XY014 - Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Ash and his friends continue their journey, but as they're surprised by rain, they decide to seek shelter inside a nearby mansion. The mansion is a mysterious place: No one seems to be around, but the doors slam shut and the lights turn on and off all by themselves. Team Rocket decide to seek shelter from the rain in the same mansion, and while they get scared by the mysterious occurrences there, they still continue further into the building. But then...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8823ac08baa13c6ed024f0d400da5c17/tumblr_mwhyao5qR31rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  2. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

This really makes me think there are two possibilities for Serena's first capture.

Scatterbug and Espurr.

Otherwise the writers need to slow the hell down with all these wild/trainer 6th gen Pokemon.

Seriously there's only 69, I for one don't want to see 20 wild Scatterbug episodes, 10 Spewpa episode, and 5 Vivillion episodes before someone hypothetically catches a Scatterbug.

But anyway looks like Espurr will be pretty cute.

3. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

Don't suppose there still in Luminose here and this is the espurr from the looker stuff

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

The episode picture looks really creepy. I really hope this is a spooky episode, but it probably won't be even though Espurr's soulless eyes would be perfect for that setting. Anyway, the title gives me BW125 vibes; I keep thinking this will be one of those episodes where a mystery has to be solved and Espurr holds the key.

5. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Not likely since we have three episodes after the likely "Chespin" capture taking place in some forest looking area, and I doubt Lumiose has a forest area.

Plus it says Mysterious Rain Shelter, doesn't sound very....Lumiose to me.

6. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Oh great... more Espurr memes to come.

7. TheFonz

TheFonz Pokemon Semi-Master

I was thinking the same haha. I bet Espurr saw it coming though

8. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

This will be my favorite episode. Lots of fillers, sigh.

9. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

It'll be nice to see Nyasupa in an episode, it's one of the more interesting Kalos Pokemon to me. Can't wait to see how it's portrayed, I'm glad that they didn't go the route of having Nyasu fall in love with it, though something tells me that's being saved for its evolved forms. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing the Psychic feline in this episode and I doubt Serena or anyone is catching it, as much I'd love that these episodes seem more centralized around general interactions/stories of the day than captures.

I don't expect Serena to net her second Pokemon until she actually gets a goal/character development TBH.

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So this is a "spooky" episode then? I guess the episode picture makes sense now. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. Well at least that increases my interest in this episode. And I really don't expect Espurr to be captured; I mean it could already have a trainer and even if it's wild, I don't think I'd count on it being caught by a main character.

11. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I hope Serena gets this Espurr here. I really think she would look good with a female Meowstic. The other option I could see Bonnie getting another pokemon to care for till she's old enough.

12. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

I still hope this will be a capture for Ash. He needs it. I don't want Serena with the stereotype pokes every one expects a girl to have and that are may's Pokes.

13. JD

JD .

Nah..If anyone gets a Pokemon her it should be Serena Bonnie will have to wait for another play toy I think Meowstic would look great with Serena I'd prefer the male one though since we already know that a female one will show up with Olympia later on.

14. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 DP Season SUCKS!

Or before when the generic "Meowth falls in love with the regional cat Pokémon" filler airs.

I feel the writers would ruin Meowstic personalities with them being in the group (and being Psychic types would be another con because Psychic Pokémon are semi gods in the series) making them from expression-less to expression-full, if I would have to bet my money on a capture happening on this newly revealed episodes, I'm going with Pancham, and it would be better if Serena gets it

15. JD

JD .

[IMG139]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131007195533/pokemon/images/4/48/B5Q9fW9.png[/IMG139]
    Well we already saw one smiling and that already goes against their emotionless personalities :p

16. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 DP Season SUCKS!

Awesome (-_-) my Meowstic doesn't smiles even when I feed it in the Amié.

If ... IF the Espurr gets caught, I hope that A).- Goes to Serena and 2.- Becomes a male Meowstic (Espurr is kinda boring), I don't know why, but I think the female will get more screentime

17. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I don't think it will be a capture, I don't think we have ever had one in any of the "spooky" episodes. I can see this being like a lot of other ones.....the group will end up where ever this is, get spooked by espurr, and TRio will too.

18. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

If serena were to catch this espurr and the scatterbug she could potentially do a triple psychic attack later in the series.

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Honestly the male version is useless in the anime with it's support moves.

20. JD

JD .

Doesn't mean it can't have at least one or two attacking moves.. besides Serena probably isn't going to battle all that much anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.