• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 30: XY014 - Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Ur, I'm not really looking forward to this episode; Espurr eyes are scary, it's going to be like watching a scary movie... o.o

Anyway, besides that, it looks good, I guess the point in it is too look scary, so yeeaaah.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
While I do think Espurr would be a cute yet strong Pokemon for Serena, I don't necessarily want her with this Espurr. Serena and Espurr don't really have any special interactions from what we know and have seen so far. She could very well get an Espurr later on. Espurr from an Egg, anyone?

You haven't watched the episode to say there are no interactions, the only thing againt capture of a new pokemon for her that I've seen that is half a decent reason is , Fennekin hasn't done anything but look cute and use ember once in a while.

You haven't watched the episode to say there are no interactions, the only thing againt capture of a new pokemon for her that I've seen that is half a decent reason is , Fennekin hasn't done anything but look cute and use ember once in a while.

My post said:

Serena and Espurr don't really have any special interactions from what we know and have seen so far.

I clearly didn't try to state it like it was a fact.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ur, I'm not really looking forward to this episode; Espurr eyes are scary, it's going to be like watching a scary movie... o.o

Anyway, besides that, it looks good, I guess the point in it is too look scary, so yeeaaah.

I personally don't find Espurr scary at all. I mean the whole glowing eyes thing actually makes Espurr look cuter in my opinion. Even when Espurr has its usual blank eyes, it doesn't seem spooky to me. It's such a harmless-looking Pokemon and I'm personally glad that it's not completely helpless; sending TR flying will probably be the highlight of this episode in terms of Espurr's actions imo.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
While I do think Espurr would be a cute yet strong Pokemon for Serena, I don't necessarily want her with this Espurr. Serena and Espurr don't really have any special interactions from what we know and have seen so far. She could very well get an Espurr later on. Espurr from an Egg, anyone?

Well the reason I want this Espurr is that it is unique do to the charm it wears, Usually when a pokemon has something like this, it gets captured like Squirtle and Krookodile. Even Sceptile with its twig.

dman_dustin

It's pretty safe to say that Serena WON'T have any special, capture-like interactions with Espurr, seeing as how the preview was Bonnie focused.

And even though you said that, after you made a scenario where she doens't catches this one and catches a future one, for no reason at all.

It wasn't for "no reason at all". It's unlikely that Serena will catch this Espurr at this point. I was saying that there is a chance she can catch one later on, though. That's still a valid possibility.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well the reason I want this Espurr is that it is unique do to the charm it wears, Usually when a pokemon has something like this, it gets captured like Squirtle and Krookodile. Even Sceptile with its twig.

It seems like it's going to be more of a plot point at this point, with the mysterious girls we don't know about and all. If it's not, and Espurr doesn't get caught then it's kind of an unnecessary thing to have.

Sephora

yes I'm back
It's pretty safe to say that Serena WON'T have any special, capture-like interactions with Espurr, seeing as how the preview was Bonnie focused.

Never judge an episode by it's preview. XY013 was a good example of that.

Lorde

Never judge an episode by it's preview. XY013 was a good example of that.

I think he has a valid point though. The preview showed only Bonnie interacting with Espurr and I honestly don't think Espurr and Serena will even interact until the end of the episode at best once Bonnie reunites with the others. Even then, I don't see why Serena would suddenly want to catch Espurr, especially since she was freaked out by it and its actions earlier in the episode.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think he has a valid point though. The preview showed only Bonnie interacting with Espurr and I honestly don't think Espurr and Serena will even interact until the end of the episode at best once Bonnie reunites with the others. Even then, I don't see why Serena would suddenly want to catch Espurr, especially since she was freaked out by it and its actions earlier in the episode.

That's true and personally I don't think Serena is going to catch the Espurr either. But I meant we shouldn't rule anything out because of the preview.

Graham Aker

Honestly I wouldn't mind Serena catching Espurr, but if anything it seems like Bonnie is gonna be bonding with it more than anyone else. Yeah, previews can be deceiving, but she seems to be the only brave one of the group this episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The only reason why I'd speculate a capture for Espurr at this point is because Serena is bordering on becoming the character who took the longest amount of time to capture her first addition since receiving her starter..

That's all there is to say. I'll be watching this episode for sure, since it looks incredible, so I'm stoked regardless.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only reason why I'd speculate a capture for Espurr at this point is because Serena is bordering on becoming the character who took the longest amount of time to capture her first addition since receiving her starter..

That's all there is to say. I'll be watching this episode for sure, since it looks incredible, so I'm stoked regardless.

Or worse, she suffers the Cilan Syndrome and only has three Pokemon... He could have avoided having just three Pokemon, but he didn't get Brock's multiple season treatment. Here's hoping Serena doesn't become the second victim.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It seems like it's going to be more of a plot point at this point, with the mysterious girls we don't know about and all. If it's not, and Espurr doesn't get caught then it's kind of an unnecessary thing to have.

And that's cool, but the fact that no other humans have been shown yet makes me believe that it will hopefully get captured. I want her to get it as Serena would be the perfect character to show off Meowstic.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Under a day left now, and I'm rather excited for this episode. I really want to see how Bonnie will act when by herself. Will she cower and hide or be brave and find her own rescue; it'll be interesting to see.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Or worse, she suffers the Cilan Syndrome and only has three Pokemon... He could have avoided having just three Pokemon, but he didn't get Brock's multiple season treatment. Here's hoping Serena doesn't become the second victim.

Cilan Syndrome: Not being developed as a character, have rivalries that go nowhere, have plot set up for development, only for it not to be acted upon, and only have three pokemon, of which only one evolves. But has good battling skills that should've made Ash envious at times..

Under a day left now, and I'm rather excited for this episode. I really want to see how Bonnie will act when by herself. Will she cower and hide or be brave and find her own rescue; it'll be interesting to see.

Based on the previews, I guess we can say that she'll be brave and not scared. Though it is still interesting to see her act on her own.

Lorde

I think she'll be brave to be honest, at least once she's found Espurr and befriended it. I don't particularly like Bonnie, but I do think she has more courage than most people give her credit for. I think she'll be totally fine by herself in this episode and we know that Espurr will defeat Team Rocket for her, so it's not like she'll really be in danger. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.