• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 30: XY014 - Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Espurr will freak out Ash and his friends with its evil eyes!!

Heh, no doubt.

I see that Espurr knows Confusion as one of its moves. Does anyone think Espurr will control one of the gang with it or something? It'll definitely add to the spookiness.

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
Maybe Espurr will get the "absol scenario" where it's just misunderstood. Despite all that there truly is something just creepy about it. Capture wise, either Ash or Serena would be a good choice...unless Bonnie calls dibs on it first that is lol.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Maybe Espurr will get the "absol scenario" where it's just misunderstood. Despite all that there truly is something just creepy about it. Capture wise, either Ash or Serena would be a good choice...unless Bonnie calls dibs on it first that is lol.

I could see bonnie getting scared by it. It makes me wonder if this is one of those pokemon that togepi would have befriended. It always either liked spooky pokemon or dangerous ones.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe Espurr will get the "absol scenario" where it's just misunderstood.

I think that's a given. I mean it's not like I expect Espurr to be a real threat. I really think this episode will be more entertaining than anything else and I don't even expect a capture to happen. People predict captures in every episode and this is another instance where I think it's just wishful thinking; we don't even know if the Espurr is wild.

LizardonX

Banned

There are no evil pokemon. Even ones like darkrai are just misunderstood.

HA! Imagine the irony of Bonnie finding a creppy Pokemon "cute"!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What move is Espurr using in that one shot from the first page?? It's eyes are glowing like Psychic but it is using a ball move.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!

She already seemed to call Rhyhorn cute. I think she'd call most Pokémon cute after getting over the creepy factor. xD Now for someone to try and touch Espurr's ears...

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

Well, Bonnie already called a Garchomp and a herd of Rhyhorn cute, which is what I like about Bonnie. Bonnie doesn't stereotypically stick to only liking the small cute pokemon like Pikachu and Dedenne. This is episode 14 and from some light research, it seems that the pokegirl tends to get her first catch around episode 7-15ish. I know this has been said before, but I would love to see Serena catch an Espurr, if not some other pokemon from the other filler like episodes.

Janovy

Banned
Holy sh*t, that is one creepy Espurr.

Do the writers pay attention to the reception of certain Pokémon in the fandom or was Espurr planned to be a creepy son of a bi*ch right from the start? Either way, I'm liking the sound of this. If this is anywhere near as good as the Litwick episode in BW, it should be a great watch.

Lorde

She already seemed to call Rhyhorn cute. I think she'd call most Pokémon cute after getting over the creepy factor. xD Now for someone to try and touch Espurr's ears...

Did she? Eww. And here I thought Bonnie had good taste. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else was afraid of Espurr at first except Bonnie who would chase after it and get lost, thereby prompting everyone else to split up to search for her. And then chaos would ensue as usual. Seems like it could happen.

Did she? Eww. And here I thought Bonnie had good taste. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else was afraid of Espurr at first except Bonnie who would chase after it and get lost, thereby prompting everyone else to split up to search for her. And then chaos would ensue as usual. Seems like it could happen.

A scenario that I'd love to see. Bonnie's been about my second-most favorite XY character, and I'd love for her to have these crazy shenanigans with Pokemon she finds as "cute", regardless of whether it's cute in reality or not. But of course, I do hope that's an infrequent gag.

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
Bonnie's kawaii gag hasn't gotten too overboard lately but it is possible pull more out if it I guess. I'm on the edge right now if this will be a capture episode but hey, this early in the series the mains have to fill their rosters.

Lorde

A scenario that I'd love to see. Bonnie's been about my second-most favorite XY character, and I'd love for her to have these crazy shenanigans with Pokemon she finds as "cute", regardless of whether it's cute in reality or not. But of course, I do hope that's an infrequent gag.

I wouldn't mind if Bonnie got lost here either. I mean given the spooky setting, it might actually be more fun than irritating and I'd love to see her bond with a Pokemon that is genuinely believed to be creepy. I'm not saying that I want her to catch Espurr, but they could become friends à la Max and Ralts.

I wouldn't mind if Bonnie got lost here either. I mean given the spooky setting, it might actually be more fun than irritating and I'd love to see her bond with a Pokemon that is genuinely believed to be creepy. I'm not saying that I want her to catch Espurr, but they could become friends à la Max and Ralts.

Hopefully we don't get the same outcome as that scenario.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well, Bonnie already called a Garchomp and a herd of Rhyhorn cute, which is what I like about Bonnie. Bonnie doesn't stereotypically stick to only liking the small cute pokemon like Pikachu and Dedenne. This is episode 14 and from some light research, it seems that the pokegirl tends to get her first catch around episode 7-15ish. I know this has been said before, but I would love to see Serena catch an Espurr, if not some other pokemon from the other filler like episodes.

This pretty much. I like that Bonnie likes all types of pokemon lol.

I too would like Serena to capture an Espurr. I think she is the perfect one to show off at least one of the Meowstic forms.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Holy sh*t, that is one creepy Espurr.

Do the writers pay attention to the reception of certain Pokémon in the fandom or was Espurr planned to be a creepy son of a bi*ch right from the start? Either way, I'm liking the sound of this. If this is anywhere near as good as the Litwick episode in BW, it should be a great watch.

Considering the fact that this episode was planned 6-8 months in advanced the online English reception of Espurr has nothing to do with it, likely just coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.