• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 30: XY014 - Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What if (if serena did catch it) espurr became kind of like misty's psyduck....but in the opposite way. Like it pop out of its pokeball, but then just stand there and act creepy. She would constantly try to train and evolve it, but it would.be impossible to.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
The male can learn Psybeam, Confusion, Psyshock, psychic and sucker punch and that is just by leveling up. SO it isnt that defensive.

And I really want Ash to have a different Poke not so agressive and learn to battle with it.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
I hope Ash catches it so he can finally get his psychic type

NPT

Just a member
Oh great, a spooky XY episode! I hope it'll be as enjoyable as "Scare at the Litwick Mansion!".

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Me too. Considering that the choices of new pokemons is less for Ash this Gen, it is one of the pokemons that would be good for him.

Also considering the fact that Ash wasn't able to think of a counter to Viola's Vivillon Psychic in the last episode, it would really make it difficult for him to fight in the 7th Gym (i doubt that Froakie would have fully evolved by then, i.e., if it does gets to evolve).

Until now Ash had fought very few good Psychic type Trainers and always had problems against them. Most notable i remember are Sabrina, Tate & Liza (point to be noted is that their pokemon acted more like Rock types than Psychic) and Anabel.

Incidentally, during the course of Unova when Ash had 2 Dark type Pokemons with him, Ash didn't face one single strong Psychic type Pokemon Trainer.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Serena, you must catch this baby...
This episode looks cool. I love Espurr, and I think it will be a fun one. People around here seem to enjoy Espurr, so I know I'm gonna laugh at it. :p

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I was pretty mad Ash did not caught a psychic in Unova. There were some good choices. But with Inkay taken and Serena having Fennekin Espurr is the last one standing. And Ash nees it.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I was pretty mad Ash did not caught a psychic in Unova. There were some good choices. But with Inkay taken and Serena having Fennekin Espurr is the last one standing. And Ash nees it.

Ash doesn't need an Espurr but anyway it would be nice to see him with one.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I doubt we'll be seeing any new captures any time soon aside from Chespin- otherwise, they would probably have been in the opening.

But I am looking forward to creepy cute kitty :3

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Serena already has Fennekin. Ash should catch this one and hopefully it's male. This way, we can see Ash learn how to battle with a pokemon that isn't a flat out attacker or a full blown speedster.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seems the writers are aware that Espurr can be exploited for creepy stuff just because of its eyes.

And just like that female Meowstic, they will have it smile and go against amie-facts. (I'm saying amie facts because the dex entries sound very impossible to believe at times).

dman_dustin

Me too. Considering that the choices of new pokemons is less for Ash this Gen, it is one of the pokemons that would be good for him.

Also considering the fact that Ash wasn't able to think of a counter to Viola's Vivillon Psychic in the last episode, it would really make it difficult for him to fight in the 7th Gym (i doubt that Froakie would have fully evolved by then, i.e., if it does gets to evolve).

Until now Ash had fought very few good Psychic type Trainers and always had problems against them. Most notable i remember are Sabrina, Tate & Liza (point to be noted is that their pokemon acted more like Rock types than Psychic) and Anabel.

Incidentally, during the course of Unova when Ash had 2 Dark type Pokemons with him, Ash didn't face one single strong Psychic type Pokemon Trainer.

I don't really think a psychic Pokemon is going to help against a psychic Pokemon, especially one that's going to have the same species of Pokemon.

I still hope that Froakie will be fully evolved by then, it makes sense, especially if the pace is similar to DP.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Same here. Espurr is my favorite psychic type and I'd love to see one on his team.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly if Ash needs to get a psychic type, I only find Ralts likely. Espurr and Ash would just be weird to me.

I like it with Serena more anyways.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The only person I want to see with an Espurr is Serena, so unless she captures it here, then I'd rather this episode be filler material..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Honestly if Ash needs to get a psychic type, I only find Ralts likely. Espurr and Ash would just be weird to me.

I like it with Serena more anyways.

Ralts would have been likely in sinnoh. I don't ever see a situation where a previous gen pokemon would be more likely and fit than a current gen one.

dman_dustin

Ralts would have been likely in sinnoh. I don't ever see a situation where a previous gen pokemon would be more likely and fit than a current gen one.

If Team Rocket didn't gobble up Inkay for whatever stupid reason the writers gave Inkay to team Rocket, I would've liked to see Ash with Inkay it was both psychic and dark, which would've been very unique with Ash.

But sadly no, so Espurr is the only 6th gen psychic Pokemon Ash can get, and while I agree it is the most likely psychic Pokemon, I could only see Ash with Espurr, only if he's getting six 6th generation Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.