• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 4th: The Heisei Era of Pocket Monsters: From Tuesday to Thursday to Sunday

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Was that all? I mean we got hapu but man I expected way more clips of future episode then this.
reminds me of the 2014->2015 one, which was pretty much just ash vs clemont and I think a little bit of serena's first showcase

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is in regards to some of the things that are in the preview as well as some speculation:

So it seems from what's being seen from the preview Gladion has gotten the Dragonium-Z for his Midnight Lycanroc which now seems to know Outrage, and Swords Dance, meaning one of it's previous moves of Stone Edge, Crunch, and Counter was replaced, and if I had to guess I'd say it was probably Crunch that was replace and it kept Counter and Stone Edge, as I think we might have seen it use Counter in the preview but we didn't see it use Stone Edge or Crunch but I don't think it would have gotten rid of it's only Rock type move. Also we seem to be seeing a clash of the Dragon type Z-move and Lycanroc's Signature Z-move in the preview.

Now even though Gladion does have the Dragonium-Z that doesn't necessarily mean Ash won't get it, although I think at this point Ash will only probably get the Dragonium-Z if he winds up catching a Dragon type pokemon and if he gets a Jangmo-o that they plan on fully evolving into a Kommo-o they might just decide to have it skip over the Dragonium-Z and get the Signature Z-crystal of Kommo-o instead. Also interestingly enough the Dragonium-Z is the only Z-crystal that Gladion has so far that Ash doesn't have yet.
It did use Counter

Remix2

index.php

Professor: "Opening this pokemon art museum was a big mistake."
index.php

Professor: "Choose wisely!"
That guy is speaking english, maybe they will air these in english language too?
Lizardon, Gekkouga and Mokuroh are the main pokemon they focused. They mainly focus on Lizardon's rebellious side, Gekkouga's bond with Satoshi. Basically 90 percent of everything they showed about Mokuroh is from the Hau episode.
From Satoshi's companions, they mainly focused on Takeshi, Serena and Lilie.
Gladion and Satoshi are battling and Hapu is the referee. Gladion got a new Z-crystal.
They counted Mr Mime with Satoshi's other pokemon.
Apparently they count Citron as one of Satoshi's rivals.

Interested in the ones who got the main focus, I wonder if that will lead to anything?

DatsRight

They counted Mr Mime with Satoshi's other pokemon.

Hey riiiight. We haven't had Psychium Z yet, AND Mimey was in the earlier credits. Sneaky sneaky, SM.

The battle was interesting (please no interruption, I beg you). I like the use of trying counter Z Moves against each other again rather than just being unstoppable finishing moves. Also like the continuing pattern with Ash's Pokemon against his rivals (though I sure hope Torracat and Rowlet get to take part in the trials at least).

Looks like it's just Ash and the Lusamine siblings for this one (or at least that episode). I like the rotation in characters and am glad it's not just Ash this time round.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Very glad they are focusing on lillie, that girl needed some focus urgently atleast this will also prove that lillie is the main and the best pokegirl of this series and not lana.

ShadowForce720

Very glad they are focusing on lillie, that girl needed some focus urgently atleast this will also prove that lillie is the main and the best pokegirl of this series and not lana.

Funny because Lana is the one with the starter and Eevee and not only that got her Z-ring and Z-crystal earlier into the series. Really the whole idea of the best pokegirl of this series is pretty much completely subjective and opinion based. As for the main pokegirl I don't think there is necessarily one, the things usually associated with the main pokegirl seems to be mainly divided between Lillie and Lana. I know some people may want to claim that Lillie is the main pokemon girl but I really don't think there is a main pokegirl this generation.

Kintaro

Banned

Nothing in that preview showed her getting focus though, it was just Ash Vs. Gladion while she watched. And then we'll probably have Ash Vs. Hapu after that.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Hey riiiight. We haven't had Psychium Z yet, AND Mimey was in the earlier credits. Sneaky sneaky, SM.

The battle was interesting (please no interruption, I beg you). I like the use of trying counter Z Moves against each other again rather than just being unstoppable finishing moves. Also like the continuing pattern with Ash's Pokemon against his rivals (though I sure hope Torracat and Rowlet get to take part in the trials at least).

Looks like it's just Ash and the Lusamine siblings for this one (or at least that episode). I like the rotation in characters and am glad it's not just Ash this time round.

Most probably it'll be Gladion's win, if only because of the new crystal. Lillie's presence isn't unexpected, if they follow her bond with Hapu from the games.

Well, to say the best about this special, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. If the idea was focus on Ash's aces, I understand Charizard and Greninja, but Rowlett... well, let's it have it, I think. The Mr. Mime thing, if I remember correctly, something similar occured by DP's league times, when the Pokenchi equivalent listed Mimey as a pokemon Ash could use (of course, it wasn't used). If someone does use the psychic Z-move, in this case, would be Delia.

dman_dustin

I'll be upset if they don't actually show any more.

That being said, I am definitely looking forward to the Ash vs Gladion fight. One of the first episodes that I felt excited for in a long time. The Zerora episodes didn't appeal to me much because of Pikachu focus.

This is definitely one of those situations, where it's aggravating that the only focus on one episode like before, almost comes off, as "Hey guess what, we're still treating Ash's Pokemon team like crap, no captures, no evolutions either" and it's kind of annoying, and if there was a new team member, why not focus on them. Edit: But unlike those other episodes, we did seem to get a lot of cool action for a battle.

I'd rather they focus on that, then show us most of an awesome battle, just leaving the climax/finish to when the episode airs.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thank you.

And Beedrill? Really, him too? Well at least Ash caught him. Kind of surprised though seeing as Ash never even spoke too him.

Maybe they're place holders? That is a 5x10 background from the looks of it. So 50 boxes. Does Ash have 50 Pokemon (not counting the extra Tauros)?
NP. He does if you count Tauros as 1 Pokèmon, Raticate, Aipom, & Beedrill

D

Deleted member 384931

I must say I was not expecting that it only would focus on Brock, Serena and Lillie and for the pokémon Charizard, Greninja and Rowlet. For the pokémon I would chose Lycanrock above Rowlet.

World Turtle

NP. He does if you count Tauros as 1 Pokèmon, Raticate, Aipom, & Beedrill

I think I see Seaking's fins next to Noivern. IIRC he did catch a Seaking in a competition in Johto, but had to let it go due to the rules. ...man they included even the temporary catches in there.

Still doesn't explain Mr. Mime. On that I can clearly see Lapras on the bottom of the third column, but I also think I can see his flipper sticking out from behind the Mr. Mime floating across the screen. Unless that is Greninja's hand. He's the only blue guy left I couldn't find.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I must say I was not expecting that it only would focus on Brock, Serena and Lillie and for the pokémon Charizard, Greninja and Rowlet. For the pokémon I would chose Lycanrock above Rowlet.

Lillie- Current series pokegirl and another popuar character
Brock- Longest travelling companion and most popular companion
Serena- Second most popular companion and ash's love interest

As for pokemon-
Charizard- Most iconic of ash's pokemon bare pikachu plus most consistently developed pokemon of the series
Greninja- Another iconic pokemon who was rated most popular few years ago and a additional powerup which was good enough to be included in the games
Rowlet- Most popular pokemon of this generatin

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So....

Besides the bits of Ash vs Gladion fight, did the special show any other new scenes?