• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 4th: The Heisei Era of Pocket Monsters: From Tuesday to Thursday to Sunday

Kintaro

Banned
Lillie- Current series pokegirl and another popuar character
Brock- Longest travelling companion and most popular companion
Serena- Second most popular companion and ash's love interest
n

It's probably more that Lillie is the current girl and Serena was the previous gen girl, not really to do with popularity. And Brock is just Brock. Otherwise I'm sure May, Dawn, etc. would have gotten a sequence too. They were just focusing on the recent companions.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wasn't Brock fated to get the most fo us simply by being there for some 400+ episodes?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
That's a cool battle and all...but I'm disappointed that's all they showed.

Either they've got some cards of their sleeves, or the rest of the Poni arc isn't worth showing...<_<

DatsRight

Wasn't Brock fated to get the most fo us simply by being there for some 400+ episodes?

True but within those 400+ episodes he arguably did less than some of the one-series companions.

That's a cool battle and all...but I'm disappointed that's all they showed.

Either they've got some cards of their sleeves, or the rest of the Poni arc isn't worth showing...<_<

Well Akala and Ula Ula had a battle nearly every episode. Not always the best ones, but still they had a lot of action.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
not a big fan of hapu's anime design, her face is too bubbly and her noodle arms are off-putting

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... Who was the old guy whose lines were being dubbed during the show? Why didn't they use a japanese guy for that?

Anyway, funny the rival segment remember the pattern on Ash's rival's names... And even go as far as to include Clemont (didn't know his japanese name could fit) and them doing mental gynastics to include Lillie's buttler and find it in the middle of Gladion's name lol

On another note, highly surprised with the amount of focus Serena had gotten. Maybe she is more popular on Japan than we think. Or someone in the high ranks really like her haha

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
So... Who was the old guy whose lines were being dubbed during the show? Why didn't they use a japanese guy for that?

Anyway, funny the rival segment remember the pattern on Ash's rival's names... And even go as far as to include Clemont (didn't know his japanese name could fit) and them doing mental gynastics to include Lillie's buttler and find it in the middle of Gladion's name lol

On another note, highly surprised with the amount of focus Serena had gotten. Maybe she is more popular on Japan than we think. Or someone in the high ranks really like her haha

Lillie and Serena got a lot of focus because Lillie is the current main girl and Serena was the last main girl. I don’t think it has anything to do with popularity because I’m pretty sure Dawn is just as popular if not more popular in Japan. It sucks that Mallow and Lana didn’t get major focus :/

DatsRight

Lillie and Serena got a lot of focus because Lillie is the current main girl and Serena was the last main girl. I don’t think it has anything to do with popularity because I’m pretty sure Dawn is just as popular if not more popular in Japan. It sucks that Mallow and Lana didn’t get major focus :/

Admittedly Mallow and Lana haven't really had many distinct interactions with Ash compared to those guys. Notice most times Ash isn't on his own or with the full team he's either with the boys or with Lillie.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Admittedly Mallow and Lana haven't really had many distinct interactions with Ash compared to those guys. Notice most times Ash isn't on his own or with the full team he's either with the boys or with Lillie.

true but I just felt like they could have focused more on the SM cast instead of Serena and Brock.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I was surprised dawn wasn't shown in the preview as she is the best written girl in the series and had best female chemistry with ash, and i think may is totally getting ignored here she is not seen for more than a decade now and she deserve to reappear in some form in the anime, but my point still stands lillie is a current pokegirl and other two have special relationship with ash but i would have added dawn and even may into the preview to let new fans know who she was.

As for rest of SM cast not getting focus, except for kiawe none of them are really memorable to begin with so not having them should not be an issue.

Lasttly with mr. mime added to ash's team, i think it may be due to reason that mr mime now belongs to ash's family so they might have added it to ash's team as well.

It's probably more that Lillie is the current girl and Serena was the previous gen girl, not really to do with popularity. And Brock is just Brock. Otherwise I'm sure May, Dawn, etc. would have gotten a sequence too. They were just focusing on the recent companions.

Maybe they focused on important recent companions otherwise SM cast and the lemon blondes would have been added, even then i think brock and serena were only shown mainly due to being longest travelling companion and other being his main love interest and well lillie being the current main pokegirl, this could also mean lillie is going to get tons of episode dedicated to herself.

zdbz_sn

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only seen clips, but those clips were of the companions segment: the focus on Brock was in the context of a gag, right? They were listing off the different types of companions Ash has had, and Brock was given multiple labels because of his multiple talents.

And the focus on Serena - or, at least on her farewell - was in the context of discussing how Ash inspires his friends, was it not? Kukui finding the nerve to propose and Lillie facing some of her troubles were tied into the same theme IIRC.

Kintaro

Banned
There was a lot of focus on Serena's crush and her choosing her goal at the end, but again, she was the most recent Pokegirl who just left 2 years ago. They didn't have time to devote segments to May, Dawn, etc. They're fairly old so they focused on the recent companions and Brock's longevity in the anime since he was there 13 years.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only seen clips, but those clips were of the companions segment: the focus on Brock was in the context of a gag, right? They were listing off the different types of companions Ash has had, and Brock was given multiple labels because of his multiple talents.

And the focus on Serena - or, at least on her farewell - was in the context of discussing how Ash inspires his friends, was it not? Kukui finding the nerve to propose and Lillie facing some of her troubles were tied into the same theme IIRC.

No the context of discussion was during the episode 20 of XYZ when palermo had invited her to be her protege and they had this chat during midnight, other clips of her were from crossdressing episode and the last episode mainly that kiss scene. So when it comes to serena they were focussing both on her crush as well as goal.

With lillie it was her trouble with touching pokemon and how she got over it and with brock it was mainly on his gag. So all characters important features were shown here.

Not having a reasonable amount of Kiawe focus is admittedly odd. He and Ash bounce off each other great.

I think they did focus on him for brief moment when all ash's rivals were shown before coming to gladion, so that could mean they are trying to make kiawe his some sort of rival. They could meet at the league.