• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 6th: SM103 - A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and the others have come to Akala Island in order to grant Takeshi's wish of getting to meet Island Queen Lychee, who uses Rock type Pokémon. Right after they arrive, Takeshi lets Lychee know that he's a former Gym Leader, and ends up getting challenged to a battle.

---

What will be the outcome of Takeshi and Lychee's passionate battle?!
Satoshi and the others have invited Takeshi and Kasumi to Alola. They've now decided to go to Akala Island, since Takeshi wants to meet Island Queen Lychee. And when Lychee learns Takeshi is a former Gym Leader, she challenges him to a battle.

Screenplay 関根 アユミ (Ayumi Sekine)
Storyboard 尼野 浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 中田 誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 一石 小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)
Animation Director 竹内 杏子 (Kyoko Takeuchi)

https://i.imgur.com/gSJUVfF.jpg

Satoshi's good friends! Takeshi & Kasumi have arrived!
We definitely recommend watching Pokémon with your parents in 2019! First off, a duo dad and mom are familiar with will appear!!

Kasumi: A girl that used to travel with Satoshi and Takeshi
Takeshi: He's currently studying to become a Pokémon Doctor!

These two have come to visit all the way from the faraway Kanto region. Takeshi is in really high spirits here, what kind of unusual object or scenery was it he saw...?

Takeshi has a fateful encounter in the Alola region?!
Takeshi falls in love with pretty girls at first sight!!
The object of his affection is Island Queen Lychee! And the best way to befriend her is with a battle!

Usokkie: The partner of Rock type Trainer Takeshi!
Lugarugan (Midday Form): Lychee's partner is a Rock type as well! It's quite formidable!

The flames of passionate love blaze forth?!
The two both specialize in Rock type Pokémon, so they're perfect for each other?
...or are they?
See for yourself in the episode airing January 6th 2019!!!
(airdate and time varies depending on region)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, so looks like Misty and Brock are back for yet another 2 parter like before. I just hope that they play a really important and integral role here in these 2 episodes like the last time, perhaps even more than just battling.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So as expected, there's a break on December 30th. Honestly, I'm pretty happy that Misty and Brock are returning for 2 episodes only. There's still much that needs to be done in Ash's Alola journey, so the last thing we needed was having Brock and Misty overstay.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Well that explains why they weren't in the opening, lol. I would have preferred three or four episodes but oh well.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I love them, but yeah, any longer would be overstaying. And I'd still like Iris to Re appear, even for one episode, but that seems unlikely by now.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Frankly i like it that they have divided th cameos in two parts of 2-2 episodes each rather than a 4 episode in one go after which that character is gone foreever..

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
December 30 is the break then! By this episode, i guess everything that was shown in that previous poster is covered. Time for new poster then!

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Thank Arceus, another episode with Misty and Brock. I'm curious as to the plot of this episode and the previous one.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I'm curious as to the plot of this episode and the previous one.

I'd say something about them showing Team Skull who's boss...but really, who HASN'T? (even Poipole took care of them the only time it ever battled)

From the sounds of things this is just Misty/Brock on vacation in Alola. It doesn't sound like we're going to get any battles or anything this time.

What did you expect?
Sure, they're trying to ass a plot and some action now that a League is coming, but by and large SM's usually pretty chill.

Kintaro

Banned
Well we did get mega evo battles last time, but yeah, we're probably not getting a repeat of that. Hopefully we see their non-Kanto pokemon. Croagunk was like Brock's mascot pokemon but it's never been seen again. What happened to the baby Azurill Misty got in AG? Did the writers forget it existed? So many of their other pokemon are forgotten.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well we did get mega evo battles last time, but yeah, we're probably not getting a repeat of that. Hopefully we see their non-Kanto pokemon. Croagunk was like Brock's mascot pokemon but it's never been seen again. What happened to the baby Azurill Misty got in AG? Did the writers forget it existed? So many of their other pokemon are forgotten.
Id like to see them as well, but I'm not expecting to see them.

Vipsoccermaster

January 30 is the break then! By this episode, i guess everything that was shown in that previous poster is covered. Time for new poster then!
December 30, not January 30. Plus, January 30, 2019 is a Wednesday.

Awesome to see Misty and Brock again in this two-episode surprise. Looking forward to them again in the dub, but that's a long while.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder what will even happen in these episodes. Anyways, I feel that this episode airing on dec 30 with jan 6 being the break would've flowed better, a break in the middle of a 2-parter is odd (same thing about the 2-week break between xyz 10 and 11 back in 2015/16)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks similar to the previous one as in the two-parter. It’s starting to seem to me that Brock and Misty’s return also acts as a New Year’s special.

Status
Not open for further replies.