1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

January 6th: SM103 - A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Satoshi and the others have come to Akala Island in order to grant Takeshi's wish of getting to meet Island Queen Lychee, who uses Rock type Pokémon. Right after they arrive, Takeshi lets Lychee know that he's a former Gym Leader, and ends up getting challenged to a battle.

Screenplay 関根 アユミ (Ayumi Sekine)
    Storyboard 尼野 浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
    Episode Director 中田 誠 (Makoto Nakata)
    Animation Director 一石 小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)
    Animation Director 竹内 杏子 (Kyoko Takeuchi)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

So they're only back for 2 episodes as expected.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  3. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

Hmm, so looks like Misty and Brock are back for yet another 2 parter like before. I just hope that they play a really important and integral role here in these 2 episodes like the last time, perhaps even more than just battling.

4. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi I have a Plan!

So as expected, there's a break on December 30th. Honestly, I'm pretty happy that Misty and Brock are returning for 2 episodes only. There's still much that needs to be done in Ash's Alola journey, so the last thing we needed was having Brock and Misty overstay.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well that explains why they weren't in the opening, lol. I would have preferred three or four episodes but oh well.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  6. Kintaro

Never understood why people thought they’d stay longer, they got 4 episodes overall from last cameo to now, that’s more than enough.

7. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist R.I.P. Mr. Hillenburg

I love them, but yeah, any longer would be overstaying. And I'd still like Iris to Re appear, even for one episode, but that seems unlikely by now.

satopi and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  8. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Yeah, I doubt her or Serena are appearing in this series now.

9. Kintaro

If you’re not part of Let’s Go promotion you won’t show up.

Jangobadass likes this.
  10. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Frankly i like it that they have divided th cameos in two parts of 2-2 episodes each rather than a 4 episode in one go after which that character is gone foreever..

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  11. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

December 30 is the break then! By this episode, i guess everything that was shown in that previous poster is covered. Time for new poster then!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  12. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

Thank Arceus, another episode with Misty and Brock. I'm curious as to the plot of this episode and the previous one.

13. Kintaro

From the sounds of things this is just Misty/Brock on vacation in Alola. It doesn't sound like we're going to get any battles or anything this time.

14. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

I'd say something about them showing Team Skull who's boss...but really, who HASN'T? (even Poipole took care of them the only time it ever battled)

What did you expect?
    Sure, they're trying to ass a plot and some action now that a League is coming, but by and large SM's usually pretty chill.

15. Kintaro

Well we did get mega evo battles last time, but yeah, we're probably not getting a repeat of that. Hopefully we see their non-Kanto pokemon. Croagunk was like Brock's mascot pokemon but it's never been seen again. What happened to the baby Azurill Misty got in AG? Did the writers forget it existed? So many of their other pokemon are forgotten.

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Id like to see them as well, but I'm not expecting to see them.

17. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

December 30, not January 30. Plus, January 30, 2019 is a Wednesday.

Awesome to see Misty and Brock again in this two-episode surprise. Looking forward to them again in the dub, but that's a long while.

18. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

I feel like a Misty would really love Alola and it makes sense to me that they would come back for vacation.

19. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

I wonder what will even happen in these episodes. Anyways, I feel that this episode airing on dec 30 with jan 6 being the break would've flowed better, a break in the middle of a 2-parter is odd (same thing about the 2-week break between xyz 10 and 11 back in 2015/16)

20. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

Looks similar to the previous one as in the two-parter. It’s starting to seem to me that Brock and Misty’s return also acts as a New Year’s special.