• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 6th: SM103 - A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
When the first episode came out, I recall everyone thinking there would be no second episode since they announced it at an event or something. So, I wouldn’t completely knock out the possibility but I also don’t suggest getting your hopes up. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Kintaro

Banned
Well it was always likely to be another 2-parter like the first time. But I don't think they're going to stay longer with the way those summaries are worded.

Nodame

Misty <3
How do we know if Misty and Brock are only appearing for two epsidoes?
I'd love to see Misty with a Marill!

Xuxuba

I am just trying to make this less weird on my mind, help me out here:
Was Brock's age ever stated in the anime? Was Olivia's age revealed too?

And i don't mean in any other media, like interviews, the games and magazines.

Vipsoccermaster

I am just trying to make this less weird on my mind, help me out here:
Was Brock's age ever stated in the anime? Was Olivia's age revealed too?

And i don't mean in any other media, like interviews, the games and magazines.
Brock is 15 years old. Olivia's age has never been disclosed. Ash is forever 10. Team Rocket is likely at least 20 years old (Jessie and James).

Xuxuba

Brock is 15 years old. Olivia's age has never been disclosed. Ash is forever 10. Team Rocket is likely at least 20 years old (Jessie and James).
I mean i know people said he is 15 years old but when i googled that it only appeared that "notes on official sketches of his character set his age at 15 at the start of the series"

But otherwise it was never stated in the anime, or was it?
A lot can change from early concepts. Besides, it wouldn't be too hard to believe that each director had his own opinion on how old Brock actually is.

Anyway, since Olivia's age wasn't disclosed yet, at least that makes things a little less creppy. After all, there are some young women who look way older than they actually are.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean i know people said he is 15 years old but when i googled that it only appeared that "notes on official sketches of his character set his age at 15 at the start of the series"

But otherwise it was never stated in the anime, or was it?
A lot can change from early concepts. Besides, it wouldn't be too hard to believe that each director had his own opinion on how old Brock actually is.

Anyway, since Olivia's age wasn't disclosed yet, at least that makes things a little less creppy. After all, there are some young women who look way older than they actually are.
I mean, if we're going by original intent, then Ash is a legal adult in the Pokémon world.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks like Olivia will help out with Brock with the Z-Move. It'll be interesting to see how Brock will experience using a Z-Move.

Red and Blue

Is she actually flirting with Brock? If Brock was actually ten years older I could actually see this ship becoming canon, lol

Kintaro

Banned
From TVTokyo:

Takeshi and Kasumi appear again on December 23 (Sun) and January 6 (Sun) 2019 broadcasting! !
It seems that these two people will come to Alola this time, but what kind of time do you spend with Satoshi?

Yep, that pretty much confirms their return is only 2 episodes. It would have stated more instead of just the same two dates.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Makes sense, 2 and 2 episodes previous year makes 4 episodes which is a norm for previous characters if you are not dawn who was given longer cameo to bring some interest in poor BW series.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I really hate to say this, for the sake of fans who were hoping for Misty and Brock's visit to last more than two episodes, but from the start, there was no indication that their visit would last more than two episodes. I know Misty fans were hoping there'd be another episode that focuses mostly on Misty, since this episode focuses on Brock, but it's possible that Misty will get her focus in SM102.

Brock approaching Olivia in this episode probably will ended up his attempt like with Lucy (stopped by Max), or maybe like Professor Ivy (staying with her for some time, and then leaves and suddenly hates her).
At least some fans got they want

Kintaro

Banned
It was also likely to only be 2 eps because SM as a whole only has roughly 40 eps left, the writers have to get a move on covering the last Kahuna, the Alola league, a possible Team Skull arc, then the last few Ultra beasts and evolutions for the main cast before this saga ends. Also Misty/Brock staying longer would inevitably take screentime away from the SM cast in their own series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was also likely to only be 2 eps because SM as a whole only has roughly 40 eps left, the writers have to get a move on covering the last Kahuna, the Alola league, a possible Team Skull arc, then the last few Ultra beasts and evolutions for the main cast before this saga ends. Also Misty/Brock staying longer would inevitably take screentime away from the SM cast in their own series.
I agree. Unless Misty/Brock help out one of the current main cast develop in some way, then I'd rather they just have these 2 episodes and get done with it.

Red and Blue

I would have preferred an extra episode or two. Looks like the Poni arc could start on episode 104

Kintaro

Banned
It is kinda interesting Brock gets a focus episode but Misty does not, although Misty has a lot of scenes in the preview from the first ep. I guess the writers felt Brock's comedic flirting with Olivia was worth an episode.

Henry's Journey

I really hate to say this, for the sake of fans who were hoping for Misty and Brock's visit to last more than two episodes, but from the start, there was no indication that their visit would last more than two episodes. I know Misty fans were hoping there'd be another episode that focuses mostly on Misty, since this episode focuses on Brock, but it's possible that Misty will get her focus in SM102.

:/ but I guess both Misty and Brock will get lots of scenes from these 2 episodes.

Anyway I'm so freaking happy Misty and Brock are coming back for a 2nd time in the same series, just awesome :p

Status
Not open for further replies.