• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 8th: XY055 - The Weakest Dragon Ever!? Enter Goomy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Looks like Numera will let go of of his fear of Dedenne pretty quickly. Shame, it would've been nice to see it get scared of the little mouse as a Numelgon.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
so wait, is Goomy going to Bonnie?

She sure seems to be interacting with it more than Ash is.

Yeah, because she'll be able to evolve it all the way to a Numelgon.

Honestly, I think it's because she likes to take care of cute Pokémon, which makes me think that she'll take care of it till it's ready for battling.

Well it was obvious that it would be sorted out quickly considering the nature and reasoning of its fear.

I guess you're right. Still, would've been cool to see a giant dragon get scared of a tiny Dedenne :p

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Well, technically it should be as shown as that little dormouse learns a Fairy type move (aka., Play Rough).

Man, I can just imagine a tiny Dedenne 'playing rough' with a Numelgon and critically injuring it. Seriously, I can't believe Dedenne has such a massive type advantage over something like a Pseudo :p

Blood Red

【推しの子】
so wait, is Goomy going to Bonnie?

She sure seems to be interacting with it more than Ash is.

I couldn't add this in my previous answer, but this is the translation of the preview, straight from Dephender himself:

Satoshi: New Pokemon and passionate battles with strong rivals: I'll become much much stronger and win the Kalos League!
Serena: I've finally discovered my dream: Pokemon Performer! It's something I won't give up on!
Citron: I'm going to become an inventor that makes Pokemon happy!
Eureka: Eureka wants to take care of loooots of Pokemon!
Satoshi: All right, everyone, let's go!
Everyone: Pocket Monsters XY airs every Thursday at 7 pm!
Satoshi: Everyone, get Pokemon!

So yeah, Numera confirmed :p

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
method of elimination really; Ash has been stale to me since DP, Clemont has been slowly losing focus for a while now, and Bonnie barely has any presence at all. Clemont might have more pokemon, but he is getting 1/4 of episodes she's getting.

Ash is Ash for the most part. A rival for him might have been the best thing for in this series. I know some won't admit it, but it might have helped people tolerate him more. Clemont is a gymleader so his focus will get lost if he's got nothing to do after a while and Bonnie atleast is getting interactions with pokemon and other kids. So if this is about Bonnie then it's cool.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when Goomy's slime stuck to Ash's face. That's the kind of thing I was hoping wouldn't happen, but Goomy seems more like a comedic relief character as time goes by imho.

KKS-Lapras

I screamed when Goomy's slime stuck to Ash's face. That's the kind of thing I was hoping wouldn't happen, but Goomy seems more like a comedic relief character as time goes by imho.

It is possible for a Pokemon to be both competent and comedic. You can ignore that fact all you want, but it is true.

Captain America X

I don't see why a comedic pokemon is bad.If it is a good battler than it will be fine

Lorde

I don't see why a comedic pokemon is bad.If it is a good battler than it will be fine

Whether Goomy's a good battler or not is irrelevant to me; the fact that it's a "funny" Pokemon means that it'll appear a lot to showcase its gags, which is the crux of the issue for me.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I dunno how it'll turn up, but I just can't imagine Barney becoming a powerhouse battler regardless.

I think you're selling Numelgon short. It may look goofy, but so does Dragonite. I hardly think that's enough to completely disregard it as a battler, especially since the entire character arc of that Pokémon is apparently based around getting stronger.

Lorde

I dunno how it'll turn up, but I just can't imagine Barney becoming a powerhouse battler regardless.

It's speculated that Goodra will have a gag involving slime as well, so I can't see that either. Imo, Goomy has to remove my doubts about its lack of potential because right now I'm not sure that it's a good Pokemon for Ash.

Captain America X

It's speculated that Goodra will have a gag involving slime as well, so I can't see that either. Imo, Goomy has to remove my doubts about its lack of potential because right now I'm not sure that it's a good Pokemon for Ash.

So the moment a Pokémon has a gag it means it's a bad pokenon and terrible battler?So I'm guessing a pokemon that wantsomething to become stronger has no potential?Makes sensemble since every time that story arc happenso they become weaker or don't improve right?

Seriously did I miss something or has it been confirmed that the moment something has a gag they automatically have no potential?

Last edited:

Lorde

So the moment a Pokémon has a gag it means it's a bad pokenon and terrible battler?

I'm not saying that Goomy might be a terrible battler; I already explained that I find that irrelevant. I'm talking about Goomy's potential as an enjoyable Pokemon for me.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Actually, the 'slime' thing has me thinking if it's actually possible if Numera has Gooey. I know it's a rare ability, but maybe they're playing out its gooeyness for a reason.

KKS-Lapras

Actually, the 'slime' thing has me thinking if it's actually possible if Numera has Gooey. I know it's a rare ability, but maybe they're playing out its gooeyness for a reason.

Possibly, it would certainly be a first, to see the hidden ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.