• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 8th: XY055 - The Weakest Dragon Ever!? Enter Goomy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbodor.

I'd l9ove to see that, but Ash wouldn't be able to catch a new Pokémon in Kalos...something I wouldn't mind in the slightest, but also something that the writers will never do. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind Ash getting two Pseudos, one of them having a Mega form :D

I agree, the chances of it happening are pretty slim. But just imaging Ash getting a gachomp and a goodra on his team. Wow that would be something.
Imagining him challenge the Kalos league with a garchomp,charizard,sceptile,greninja,goodra and pikachu. Even if he does not win...those will be some epic battles.
Ash is doing great so far in Kalos. That battle between his pikachu and Mega Lucario was epic.

I am going to keep dreaming for it to happen :D

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I agree, the chances of it happening are pretty slim. But just imaging Ash getting a gachomp and a goodra on his team. Wow that would be something.
Imagining him challenge the Kalos league with a garchomp,charizard,sceptile,greninja,goodra and pikachu. Even if he does not win...those will be some epic battles.
Ash is doing great so far in Kalos. That battle between his pikachu and Mega Lucario was epic.

I am going to keep dreaming for it to happen :D

If he went in with a team like that, I doubt he'll lose without some serious BS taking place.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As a rule of the anime, someone on Ash's team always learns Flamethrower. I'm really hoping that they don't do this to Fletchinder, but if the dragon wants it, it can have it.

"Patterns" have been broken before. Besides, I've only tolerated Fletchinder thus far because people kept telling me that he'd be Ash's main Fire-type in XY and would be enough coverage for that type; Goomy knowing Flamethrower would make Fletchinder redundant imo.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Is this new?

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/PpTUE5L.jpg[/IMG139]

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
So the Goodra is definitely inside? I like it

As far as movesets go, I'm liking:

- Dragon Pulse
- Muddy Water
- Body Slam
- Ice Beam

I don't expect it to be a world beater. Most of Ash's fully evolved Pokemon don't have impressive movesets and since Goodra is a type he doesn't have too many of, there are no established patterns to go of like most of his Water types carrying Hydro Pump or all of his Fire types carrying Flamethrower. So I don't expect it to have stuff like Outrage or Hyper Beam. Usually his smaller Pokemon carry powerful moves like that to make up for their size.

Sprinter1988

So the Goodra is definitely inside? I like it

- Dragon Pulse
- Muddy Water
- Body Slam
- Ice Beam

I don't expect it to be a world beater. Most of Ash's fully evolved Pokemon don't have impressive movesets and since Goodra is a type he doesn't have too many of, there are no established patterns to go of like most of his Water types carrying Hydro Pump or all of his Fire types carrying Flamethrower. So I don't expect it to have stuff like Outrage or Hyper Beam. Usually his smaller Pokemon carry powerful moves like that to make up for their size.

Actually, relatively few of Ash's water types learned Hydro Pump, with only Squirtle, Oshawott and Palpitoad getting it. The rest, Kingler, Lapras, Totodile, Corphish and Buizel all relied in weaker moves, usually Water Gun, or in Corphish's case, Bubble Beam.

Also why should Goodra being a smaller pokemon mean it gets less powerful moves? Charizard, Infernape, Heracross, Sceptile, Snorlax, Glalie, Gliscor, Leavanny,Palpitoad, Kingler, Donphan, Staraptor and Krookodile all got powerful moves.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

- Dragon Pulse
- Muddy Water
- Body Slam
- Ice Beam

I would rather go with Dragon Breath for it, if its XY animation is the one that was shown in that Wigglytuff episode (used by that Salamence). Though it isn't like i hate the new animation of Dragon Pulse (used in the ME series), but Dragon Breath has the added bonus of paralysis, which can be useful sometimes.

For the other moves, i would pick a Poison type move, so it can be somewhat useful in the 6th Gym. Also possibly a defensive type move like Acid Armor for instance.

The last 4th move should be something that uses its arms, because its Pokedex entry does state that "It throws a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers".

But i wouldn't mind a random coverage move in its place.

One move i wouldn't want it to have would be Draco Meteor, as i want that move to be Gible's main move.

Lorde

That new blurb doesn't give us much to work with. I'm still irked that Goomy's another "weak" Pokemon that Ash feels a connection with, but alas. That's his modus operandi at this point I guess.

nameman

Agreed. Numera looks really cute in the scans and Numelgon's a Pseudo, so there's no way it won't be a big, hulking bada**.

Goodra is going to be like Bayleef/Muk in its affections. We already see Goomy sitting on other people and Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if surprise hugs become common.

Lorde

Goodra is going to be like Bayleef/Muk in its affections. We already see Goomy sitting on other people and Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if surprise hugs become common.

So basically my nightmare come true. Great. At least Goomy will likely eventually become Ash's much-needed powerhouse though.

KKS-Lapras

So basically my nightmare come true. Great. At least Goomy will likely eventually become Ash's much-needed powerhouse though.

I still don't understand why you have such an issue with affectionate Pokemon. They are just as capable of being competent and strong battlers, all the while having cute or humerus affectionate or emotional gags. There's nothing wrong with having those quirks.

nickdt

I still don't understand why you have such an issue with affectionate Pokemon. They are just as capable of being competent and strong battlers, all the while having cute or humerus affectionate or emotional gags. There's nothing wrong with having those quirks.

Indeed. Look at Bayleef and Muk.

Status
Not open for further replies.