1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

January 9: XY012 - Capture The Pokemon Buyer! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  2. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I hope it's someone despicably awesome like Hunter J. Although it's probably just some grunts.

3. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

I wonder if this'll be a capture episode or just a standard filler. I hope it is the former and Serena catches it (no matter how predictable that would've been). It just suits her so much imo

4. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

There is no way a scatterbug will ever fetch enough money for someone like J to spend time on capturing.

5. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

I could see Serena getting a Scatterbug. Not sure if it'll happen here though...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  6. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Of the upcoming episodes, Serena will either catch Scatterbug or Espurr.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Eek @ people being certain that a capture must happen here. I'm sorry, but I can't see Scatterbug or Spewpa being captured; at best Ash and friends will save them and bond with them in the process, but that's all I can see happening. This doesn't sound like an interesting episode to me anyway; I'm not sure why poachers would want to catch Scatterbug and Spewpa of all Pokemon. I mean they can't be that rare or valuable. :x

8. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

They are secretly just trying to get all the Vivillon patterns to show off to their friends.

9. dman_dustin

Serena has yet to have a single Pokemon outside of her starter.

By this episode:

Ash: 3
    Clemont: 3
    Serena: 1

Why is the distribution of Pokemon so horrible? Don't you think Serena should be getting a Pokemon soon?

10. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

People complained about the other male being shafted by the girl, now they are shafting the girl in favor of the other dude.

11. Sephora

Sephora yes I'm back

I don't see one happening here necessarily. Just that I think she will get one down the road. If there was a capture here, then it would've made sense for it to be included in the opening so she probably won't get a pokemon anytime soon unfortunately.

You can never make everyone happy, I'm afraid.

12. dman_dustin

Cilan still got a 2nd Pokemon by the 10th episode.

Serena got Fennekin in the 4th episode, its her only Pokemon, she needs another Pokemon.

13. KumaPanda

KumaPanda Psyduck is cute <3

Why would a pokemon hunter want to catch the Spewda line? They're common and they're hardly used in battle. Asides from that, I wonder if Serena will give a chance of showing us her battling skills while going after the hunter.

14. TheFonz

TheFonz Pokemon Semi-Master

A really really hardcore collector who is mad at Gamefreak that they can't get every Vivillon form easily

Because someone hired him to catch a bunch of poison type Pokémon

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It really does boggle my mind, although I suppose the poacher could be trying to evolve them to sell all the different patterned Vivillon or something. I suppose there could be a market for them. I don't know. I often wondered why that poacher from early AG even bothered to hunt Ekans and Koffing. It just seemed like a waste of time and I'm getting the same vibes from this episode.

16. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I'm guessing someone who is a Vivillion Collector(the different forms), hired these guys to get as many of them as possible so he can get the different forms.

I could see Serena bonding with a Scatterbug here though. Other then that, I can't see much else happening here.

17. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

A client could have asked for all the different forms of Vivillon and that's why a person like J would be interested in capturing all those bugs. They probably have a good money value.

...I don't see this being the case, though.

18. k6666

k6666 Pikachu Fan

hope team rocket doesn't appear here
    let the VOTD get the shine XD like the Cryogonalman

19. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

Pokemon Hunters? Perhaps a chance for new TR Pokemon? Or rather a chance for more vicious antagonists to complement the regional villainous team? Time will tell.

20. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

I really hope its a bad a** hunter as well who want different patterned Vivilion. And please do not give SERENA one of these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.