• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 9: XY012 - Capture The Pokemon Buyer! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this Scatterbug or Spewpa remains untouched by the cast, especially Serena. I'm not here for her turning into a May clone. However, the episode does seem interesting so here's hoping some nice moments are included.

Yea cause catching a bug really makes her a may clone.

Guess ash was a may clone in unova since he had the fire starter and a 3 stage bug.

God the forums are going downhill these days

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't get how his looks and Pokemon means he's not competent.

Just another example of a forum member jumping to conclusions and looking for a reason to moan.

If he looks strange and has a silly-looking Pokemon, why couldn't we assume that he's not competent? He's obviously a character of the day anyway and he's hunting down one of the most common Bug-type Pokemon in the region too. It's hard to take him seriously. My prediction has some validity to it at least, so don't even try it with me because I will call you out on any BS you throw at me.~

Dax

Legend
If he looks strange and has a silly-looking Pokemon, why couldn't we assume that he's not competent? He's obviously a character of the day anyway and he's hunting down one of the most common Bug-type Pokemon in the region too. It's hard to take him seriously. My prediction has some validity to it at least, so don't even try it with me because I will call you out on any BS you throw at me.~

I agree with this. Maybe he's not incompetent, but you can't take a person as a serious threat if the pokemon doesn't look like one. At least Hunter J had a freaking Salamence. Let's just wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokémon Hunters, eh? And looking for Scatterbug? I agree that this could be some sort of Vivillion Forme-collecting scheme of some sort.

As for the Diggersby Trainer, I think it's definitely a hunter, but with the debate over how un-intimidating he looks, I think looks can be deceiving. For all we know, he probably might be very smart, to the point where he'd pull off a trick on the group to make them think he's stupid and therefore innocent on the matter. And unless it's confirmed there's only one Hunter in the episode, I think that he could be a simple grunt, 'cause if he isn't the main Hunter, then all of my money is on him being a grunt.

I actually think that Serena deserves to catch a Scatterbug, even if that will make her, as others say, "a May clone". However, if that will be so, I can only hope for a little twist in the fact that she gets disgusted by it when it likes her a lot, and Scatterbug spends the next few episodes following the group around until Serena warms up to it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The Scatterbug is cute and Spewpa is my favourite Kalos Pokemon. I'm looking forward to this episode. I even hope Serena catches the Spewpa.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Have you seen her team? Yeah she's an ash clone. Besides the obvious bulbasaur and squirtle, munchlax was like a worse snorlax and beautifly was a butterfree expy.

Okay, so when did OS Ash have Pokemon bearing any resemblance at all to Skitty and Eevee?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The Spewpa is cute and Scatterbug is my favourite Kalos Pokemon. I'm looking forward to this episode. I even hope Serena catches the Spewpa.

Ehm, what Spewpa ? Aside of the title, I don't see one anywhere...
Unless you did a mistake and you meant that Scatterbug is cute and Spewpa is your favorite Kalos Pokémon ?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ehm, what Spewpa ? Aside of the title, I don't see one anywhere...
Unless you did a mistake and you meant that Scatterbug is cute and Spewpa is your favorite Kalos Pokémon ?

lol, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, the other way around.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I would only accept Vivillon as part of Serena's team if it takes a different pattern from the original pink's. Would be interesting to see an Elegant, Polar or Sun Vivillon with her. :p
lol, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, the other way around.
No problem. :D

Sephora

yes I'm back
I would only accept Vivillon as part of Serena's team if it takes a different pattern from the original pink's. Would be interesting to see an Elegant, Polar or Sun Vivillon with her. :p

No problem. :D

But the pink one fits her the most. I wish Viola had a different colour Vivillon instead.

Lorde

I'm not convinced that Vivillon is worth a lot. I mean sure there are lots of different patterns to collect, but I don't think Vivillon are actually worth purchasing on the black market. To be honest, I don't think the poacher really needs a reason to hunt Pokemon; that Ekans and Koffing poacher from AG was just rounding them up even though they should've been common Pokemon that anyone could get. I just think this is the plot that the writers came up with and that there probably isn't a deeper meaning to the poacher's actions.

johno1995

I'm not convinced that Vivillon is worth a lot. I mean sure there are lots of different patterns to collect, but I don't think Vivillon are actually worth purchasing on the black market. To be honest, I don't think the poacher really needs a reason to hunt Pokemon; that Ekans and Koffing poacher from AG was just rounding them up even though they should've been common Pokemon that anyone could get. I just think this is the plot that the writers came up with and that there probably isn't a deeper meaning to the poacher's actions.

Honestly I agree that there likely isn't a deeper meaning, but if the writers wanted to introduce the idea of different-pattered Vivillon, having a poacher hunting Spewpa & Scatterbug to evolve them and sell the different patterns to people would do the trick nicely imo. I'm curious to see how they eventually handle that game mechanic in the anime. We'll probably meet a Vivillon Collector at some point who has one of every Pattern or something similar instead.

Well, judging from the promotional photos of the episode, it may seem that the hunter(s) has/have Bug-type Pokémon, since some can be seen confronting Serena(?) on the top right photo, where you can see the legs of the person. I think the hunter may just be some Bug-type Collector who acquires his Pokémon through illegal means.

But honestly, Vivillon's got this "oh-so-dazzling-and-sparkling-that-it's-gotta-be-worth-a-lot" vibe. Or it's probably just me.

Lorde

Well, judging from the promotional photos of the episode, it may seem that the hunter(s) has/have Bug-type Pokémon, since some can be seen confronting Serena(?) on the top right photo, where you can see the legs of the person. I think the hunter may just be some Bug-type Collector who acquires his Pokémon through illegal means.

But honestly, Vivillon's got this "oh-so-dazzling-and-sparkling-that-it's-gotta-be-worth-a-lot" vibe. Or it's probably just me.

The episode would be anti-climactic if the hunter is just a Bug-type obsessed collector imo. Plus he seems to have a Diggersby (if the previously posted picture was of him) so I'm not sure if I buy the Bug-type collector theory. Either way, I wish the writers had tried something a little more original, although I should probably thank God that TR isn't behind this.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I disagree, I really don't see why pink fits Serena the most, I think Elegant form would fit Serena nicely, maybe even Savannah or Sun Pattern.

Marine, Savannah, or Polar would all be great choices for her Vivillion.

The episode would be anti-climactic if the hunter is just a Bug-type obsessed collector imo. Plus he seems to have a Diggersby (if the previously posted picture was of him) so I'm not sure if I buy the Bug-type collector theory. Either way, I wish the writers had tried something a little more original, although I should probably thank God that TR isn't behind this.

Or maybe he's famous for being able to capture Bug-types?

It's too hard to tell at this point and time of promotion. Guess we'll have to wait until the episode airs and/or we get more info.

RickHoenn

Banned
Didn't the AG poacher was a hunter for poison pkmn? I think this hunter may be a collector for rare bug pkmn and maybe the anime will give great value/worth to Vivillion's patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.