• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 9: XY012 - Capture The Pokemon Buyer! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Since this hunter person is apparently after Scatterbug/Spewpa, it seems realistic to expect him to have more that he's already captured and that Ash and friends will help release. We've also seen some other Bug-types in the pictures I believe; the hunter probably has many other Bug-types that he's caught and I think that lessens the chances that Serena or anyone else would take interest in just Scatterbug. I usually ignore capture speculations that have no real basis, but this one caught my interest if only because some people a few pages ago and on other threads seemed positive that Scatterbug would be caught here without any real proof.

What I was saying is that the scene attributed to this particular episode, in that magazine, had a single Scatterbug.

The en masse of Scatterbug, clearly takes place in a different part of the episode.

Which means clearly that the sole Scatterbug scene we see, may very well end up being caught since it is being given some focus in the actual episode.

Why focus on a single Scatterbug, why not have multiple Scatterbug in that shot?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What I was saying is that the scene attributed to this particular episode, in that magazine, had a single Scatterbug.

The en masse of Scatterbug, clearly takes place in a different part of the episode.

Which means clearly that the sole Scatterbug scene we see, may very well end up being caught since it is being given some focus in the actual episode.

Why focus on a single Scatterbug, why not have multiple Scatterbug in that shot?

The same reason they focused on a single Venipede, which remained uncaptured.. because they can.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Dearly, I hope this "Pokemon Buyer" is a Vivilliion patterns-collecting neckbeard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dearly, I hope this "Pokemon Buyer" is a Vivilliion patterns-collecting neckbeard.

I don't have faith in the writers' abilities to give random characters motivations for their actions, I'm really starting to doubt that the hunter's obsession with catching Scatterbug/Spewpa has anything to do with Vivillon at this point. There really doesn't have to be an actual reason for his actions anyway in my opinion. He's likely a character of the day who only exists to cause conflict and get Ash and friends to free the Scatterbug.

LizardonX

Banned
It's not like catching spewpa is hard or that they're hard to find. I don't see the wrong in trying to capture them since the value of a spewpa is incredibly low and any losses can be easily replaced.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The same reason they focused on a single Venipede, which remained uncaptured.. because they can.

Boo, too soon bro, too soon. I actually wanted that Venipede to get caught cuz it was cute with Ash.

Anyways, it is possible for Serena to capture a Scatterbug. It could go either way but I definitely think she is getting Scatterbug or Espurr if not both. She needs a capture sometime and going 11 episodes without even attempting to capture a pokemon would be weird.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's not like catching spewpa is hard or that they're hard to find. I don't see the wrong in trying to capture them since the value of a spewpa is incredibly low and any losses can be easily replaced.

I'm pretty sure the hunter is poaching Scatterbug from some kind of nature preserve/sanctuary, otherwise Ash and friends wouldn't be justified in stopping him. He's obviously the villain of this episode, so he must be doing something wrong. Although granted, why anyone would build a nature preserve for Scatterbug is beyond me.

I'm pretty sure the hunter is poaching Scatterbug from some kind of nature preserve/sanctuary, otherwise Ash and friends wouldn't be justified in stopping him. He's obviously the villain of this episode, so he must be doing something wrong. Although granted, why anyone would build a nature preserve for Scatterbug is beyond me.

It's probably not for Scatterbug specifically, but for Bug-type Pokemon in general, and likely other forest Pokemon as well.

dman_dustin

I have no idea why people have a problem with this.

It has been implied many times throughout the series, that you can only legally capture a Pokemon with a Poke ball.

Using cages, nets, and anything else is illegal.

Poke balls exist for a reason. It's like in the real world, having a gun being designed specifically to hunt Deer, and then going in there and using a machine gun.

Seriously people do you not pay attention to the real world. There are laws preventing people from hunting animals with certain weapons. Some guns are okay, some guns are not.

How is this a hard concept to understand?

If you are going to capture Pokemon. YOU HAVE TO USE POKE BALLS. It is that simple, no ifs ands or buts.

Its that simple, and that's why the twerps always have a problem with Team Rocket, because they aren't legally catching the Pokemon. I keep seeing this argument being brought up, many times, such as why do the twerps always interfere with Team Rocket, when they are capturing Pokemon. It's as simple as it is is illegal because they don't use Poke balls.

I hate this argument because people just ignore the obvious. It is illegal, they aren't using Poke balls, etc, etc, etc. It's no different than real world laws prohibiting certain kinds of equipment but allowing other kinds of equipment in whatever sporting event exists. You can't bring a tennis racket and use it to play baseball.

Last edited:

sheld999

if ash gets this pokemon lets hope we wont have to experience the same feels again like they did to caterpei lets hope he wont release a vivillion to get laid lol cant bare with another bye bye butterfree one

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Episode 12, from Animage:

1/9「ポケモンバイヤーを捕まえろ!コフーライ偽装作戦!!」
旅を続けるサトシたちは、ポケモンバイヤー・ダズがジュンサーから逃げている
現場に遭遇する。ダズはポケモンバイヤーとして主に、ビビヨンを売って金儲けを
している、なんともあくどいやつだ。そんなダズを追いかけるジュンサーを手伝うべく
サトシたちも後を追うが…
米村 川田 浅田 岩根

Notes: There's a Pokemon Buyer There's another katakana of "Dasu"I can guess what is.
Vivillon is confirmed to appear.
Junsa is confirmed to appear.
Iwane is animating it.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Episode 12, from Animage:

1/9「ポケモンバイヤーを捕まえろ!コフーライ偽装作戦!!」
旅を続けるサトシたちは、ポケモンバイヤー・ダズがジュンサーから逃げている
現場に遭遇する。ダズはポケモンバイヤーとして主に、ビビヨンを売って金儲けを
している、なんともあくどいやつだ。そんなダズを追いかけるジュンサーを手伝うべく
サトシたちも後を追うが…
米村 川田 浅田 岩根

So, hunters name is Daz?? I think. He is making money selling Vivillion to a pokemon buyer named Junsa. This is what I got from it at least, could be wrong though.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
So, hunters name is Daz?? I think. He is making money selling Vivillion to a pokemon buyer named Junsa. This is what I got from it at least, could be wrong though.
Junsa is Officer Jenny, her name in the Japanese version. It seems to say something along the lines of the Pokémon Buyer escaping from Junsa.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Trying to "translate" Google translate only serves one purpose:

Detect an important upcoming event no mentioned elsewhere in any media than from the summary is "obvious".

Ideal example. This summary of Get TV from Google Translate on 15th December. If you Google Translate, you automatically found an important detail in the summary: movie information.

For other things, only use Google Translate as a "last resource". And preferably from somebody who knows some basic Japanese.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.