• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 9: XY012 - Capture The Pokemon Buyer! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Trying to use the very little knowledge of Japanese I have (baby Japanese), this is what I got from the summary...

1/9「ポケモンバイヤーを捕まえろ!コフーライ偽装作戦!!」
旅を続けるサトシたちは、ポケモンバイヤー・ダズがジュンサーから逃げている
現場に遭遇する。ダズはポケモンバイヤーとして主に、ビビヨンを売って金儲けを
している、なんともあくどいやつだ。そんなダズを追いかけるジュンサーを手伝うべく
サトシたちも後を追うが…
米村 川田 浅田 岩根

1/9 “Pokemon buyer catch! Spewda disguise strategy!!”
Trip continues with Satoshi/Ash and friends, pokemon buyer Dazu escapes from Officer Jenny at the scene of the crime. Dazu is a pokemon buyer that makes money from selling Vivillon, (sounds like he’s being described as a very vicious person). Then, Officer Jenny with the help of Satoshi/Ash and friends chase Dazu.

This is a very rough translation. I had to use a kanji dictionary to understand the summary, so it may not be entirely accurate. Used jisho.org for the Chinese characters.

So it's basically a generic episode of a pokemon proacher attempting to catch pokemon. Looks like people were right that Dazu may be going after Scatterbug and Spewda for Vivillon. And of course, Ash and co. will help Officer Jenny find the pokemon proacher. It's a nice change to see Officer Jenny show up more often for these odd happenings. She hardly showed up in the older seasons from what I can remember.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Junsa is Officer Jenny, her name in the Japanese version. It seems to say something along the lines of the Pokémon Buyer escaping from Junsa.

I thought her name was Junsan?? I figured it might be her so I checked Bulbepedia. Anyways, it does confirm was we all suspected about the Vivillion patterns though I think.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I thought her name was Junsan?? I figured it might be her so I checked Bulbepedia. Anyways, it does confirm was we all suspected about the Vivillion patterns though I think.

Officer Jenny's name is written as ジュンサー, where if you were to say it literally, it would be Junsaa, which can be written as Junsar as well.

LizardonX

Banned
Since officer jennies are the epitome of being not being competent in the pokeworld (can't even keep TRio locked up) I'm going to say that ash and the cotd if there is one will be doing all the heavy liifting in this episode. With that he should say to an awestruck serena after beating the buyer "I've faced worse"

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Officer Jenny's name is written as ジュンサー, where if you were to say it literally, it would be Junsaa, which can be written as Junsar as well.

Ugh japanese names are confusing. This like the Dent Dento thing all over again.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Ugh japanese names are confusing. This like the Dent Dento thing all over again.

Both ways are correct, it just depends on the person, really. Dent and Dento are both ok, same for Junsar and Junsaa, but most people would prefer Junsar since it's easier on the tongue. Dento is simply written that way so that it's easier for the Japanese to pronounce it. Junsaa would be easier for the Japanese than saying Junsar.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Both ways are correct, it just depends on the person, really. Dent and Dento are both ok, same for Junsar and Junsaa, but most people would prefer Junsar since it's easier on the tongue. Dento is simply written that way so that it's easier for the Japanese to pronounce it. Junsaa would be easier for the Japanese than saying Junsar.

What I mean is that they are called Dento in the anime and Junsaa in the anime(never actually heard the r sound afterwards), so calling them Dent and Junsar in writing is just weird. It would be like calling me Roberto in conversation and then writing my name as just Robert when the full name is Roberto.

Well, unevolved Pokemon are typically more common than evolved ones, so I'm assuming that's the case here.

Yeah, that's true. But, if the assumption that the poacher might be after a specific Vivillon pattern is true, then...he's got a LOT of Scatterbug and Spewpa to collect.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm going to assume that Serena bonds with a specific Scatterbug during the mayhem, resulting in a capture after the day is saved.

I'm sure everyone would probably jump around, waving their arms frantically while shouting "May clone" because of the Fire-Starter & Butterfly combo, but honestly I just don't care, I'd like to see Serena with a Vivillon on her team (if not a Spritzee).

I'm sure everyone would probably jump around, waving their arms frantically while shouting "May clone" because of the Fire-Starter & Butterfly combo, but honestly I just don't care, I'd like to see Serena with a Vivillon on her team (if not a Spritzee).

Even though I'll instantly see the resemblance, I'm gonna laugh if people do jump up and scream "May clone". Just because she has a Fennekin and a (potential) Vivillon doesn't mean she's gonna be a May clone. Whether or not she'll be a May clone actually depends on her goal at this point of time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So the hunter really does capture Scatterbug and evolves them into Vivillon and sells them? Talk about anti-climactic. Anyway, I'm glad Officer Jenny is involved; I was worried that Ash and his friends would take justice into their own hands, but if they're helping Officer Jenny then that's okay. I still don't think Scatterbug will be caught though.

So the hunter really does capture Scatterbug and evolves them into Vivillon and sells them? Talk about anti-climactic.

Could be because he's looking for a specific pattern, and he's looking for a Scatterbug because, as someone else said, base evolutions are easier to catch.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode is kind of meta. There are actually people collecting all of the Vivillion patterns, so this guy isn't doing anything so illegal.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
This episode is kind of meta. There are actually people collecting all of the Vivillion patterns, so this guy isn't doing anything so illegal.
It's not the collecting that's illegal, it's the selling. It's been established in the anime that it's forbidden to sell and buy Pokémon, regardless of whether the person they end up with treats them "properly" or just holds them in captivity for their own amusement.

LizardonX

Banned
It's not the collecting that's illegal, it's the selling. It's been established in the anime that it's forbidden to sell and buy Pokémon, regardless of whether the person they end up with treats them "properly" or just holds them in captivity for their own amusement.

Well since it's perfectly fine to give pokemon away then they should be able to run a laundering scheme that gives free pokemon in exchange for paying through the nose on an unrelated service.

dman_dustin

I respectfully and strongly disagree.

I just addressed this.

The poacher isn't using Poke balls, he's using cages and nets.

It's like using a machine gun to hunt animals during season. Illegal.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
It's silly to ban selling something if it's legal to give it for free. It's the same for the nets and cages. I don't really see how pokeballs are any better.

There's a name for this: protagonist-centered morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.