• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

ReiZerou

Yay, site update. Seriously Black, your sad face breaks my heart. ;__;

Someone asked what gender Saturn is. >_> Kusaka's answer was somewhat hilarious though: He's a "M - A - N" ~! Also, someone asked what was the hardest chapter to write. Kusaka answers that he struggled most with the fifth (FRLG) because of all the emotions.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrvnxlUsx1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg[/img139]

White found Gigi around a year ago.

This...confirms that she belonged to Cedric? Maybe?

Black guesses that Zorua messed with the Roller Coaster back at Nimbasa.

Also, there are 31 people participating in the League.

That's an odd number, isn't it? Bit of a problem for a tournament.

HINT. HINT. HIIINT?

What's with the picture of the gym leaders behind Caitlin?

Weedy Spyze

I pretty much just skimmed over this thread, but so the Striaton trio aren't the Shadow triad? Well damn, yet another missed opportunity there. I hope the waiters kick the behinds of those sorry excuses for ninjas.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I pretty much just skimmed over this thread, but so the Striaton trio aren't the Shadow triad? Well damn, yet another missed opportunity there. I hope the waiters kick the behinds of those sorry excuses for ninjas.

It's pretty damn obvious that this is the Memory Link event for the Striaton trio, meaning that they'll lose.

What's with the picture of the gym leaders behind Caitlin?

She's using her powers to search for them. She's speaking out what's going on in all their heads.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

It's pretty damn obvious that this is the Memory Link event for the Striaton trio, meaning that they'll lose.

Yeah you're probably right. I just want to see the Shadow Triad get their asses handed to them somehow, they're so cliche and horrible. Making the Striaton trio ninjas would've been awesome, but nope we can't have nice things.

arawn

Caitlin really looks so badass . And if she can locate where the Gym Leaders are , then the final battle of BW1 will occur soon .
I really hope that Black and White remain to be the main protagonist in BW2 along with Hugh . I don't want another new character . Black can be Kyouhei and White , although it's very impossible , can be Mei with new hairstyle .

lolipiece

Staff member
Wow. Lucky people of France, they got a sneak preview of what happens in the Gym battle between Black and Drayden.

[img139]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/48/1354449398-6-copie.png[/img139]

There are no words that can express my jealousy.

matt0044

Wow. Lucky people of France, they got a sneak preview of what happens in the Gym battle between Black and Drayden.

[img139]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/48/1354449398-6-copie.png[/img139]

There are no words that can express my jealousy.

How popular is Pokemon Special there anyways to warrant a visit from the author himself?

Aschaki

hay guyz
Maybe the French publishers paid them to go over there to boost sales? Maybe they're trying to promote the series over there (again)? Even so, talk about a bunch of lucky buggers!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Ah so there's a bit of Black vs Drayden. I hadn't realized White gave Black War. I mean I knew she would but yeah...I bet she did it awhile ago. I'm so far behind in BW, but it's cool that Black is fighting Drayden. And of course there is a Druddigon. Why wouldn't there be?

ReiZerou

Lolipiece, you seriously need to learn to use sources. I know you know whose picture that is. It's sisselxsoleil's and there's more on her tumblr. Sisselxsoleil made a huge effort and visited three of the events in France and even made full reports of them on tumblr. She deserves the credit. This last event that sisselxsoleil visited showed the stages of drawing a manga page.

sisselxsoleil

Oh ReiZerou, please don't worry. Lolipiece asked me if he could use my pictures and I said yes, he didn't do anything wrong at all. Moreover, if I upload them on the Internet, everyone is free to show them around, right ? But thank you for caring, it is very sweet of you !

Last edited:

ReiZerou

Oh ReiZerou, please don't worry. Lolipiece asked me if he could use my pictures and I said yes, he didn't do anything wrong at all. Moreover, if I upload them on the Internet, everyone is free to show them around, right ? But thank you for caring, it is very sweet of you !

Oh, okay. Good. Just got pissed off because lolipiece almost never uses sources. I get angry with a lot of people that don't source. It's not just because somebody "owns" those pictures or anything. Sources are important also because then you can find more of the same thing and maybe thank them personally. So even if you use the picture with someone's permission, it feels kind of selfish to not let other people find out more. I really love your reports, sisselxsoleil!

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games

Thank you so much for showing the pics. You're so lucky to meet them in person and I don't think Kusaka and Yamamoto will visit foreign counties often. Even thought Special is quite popular, there aren't many otakus in Europe or the U.S. sadly. Anyway it was nice to know what they did. Too bad you couldn't ask them any questions. But going there 3 times really is something and it's very nice to share it with us.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Sorry that I didn't update you guys with the plot this month, but Dogasu's summary and pictures posted have basically covered most of the stuff. Just a bit of supplement info here.

The Ichiban chapter:

1) The Elite 4 have different takes on Team Plasma. Marshal clearly wanting to beat them. Caitlin not really interested because she believes that everyone is free to think and do what the believe, even for Team Plasma. Grimsley is reluctant to get himself involved since it doesn't really affect him yet, and Shauntal simply wants to turn the Elite 4 vs Team Plasma thing into a plot for her next novel. However, Caitlin agrees to help find the Gymleaders because she thinks it is unacceptable to keep people as hostages.

2) Gigi is confirmed to be the Tepig ran off from Cedric's lab, since Cedric actually recognized it while battling it under N's command. I guess this clears up the confusion that Gigi was also bestowed upon the BW Agency by another trainer. I guess when White said Gigi does not belong to her either, she meant she found it wandering on the streets and believed it originally belonged to someone (which it did).

3) When Black dreamt about chasing after Musha, the scene is actually at the Entralink (and the Entree was featured).

The Keldeo chapter:

1) Cobalion agrees to render help to humans, but not to cooperate with them, since it still couldn't forgive their past acts.

2) The trio forms 'energy swords' from the grey part of their heads, much like in Movie 15. Cobalion doesn't want to confront the Shadow Triad at first because it thought they were unworthy opponents who only know who to exploit the power of Pokemon (the three wanted to capture Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion although they weren't on Ghetsis's recruiting list). Later, it thought it would be irresponsible to let such evil people loose and thus decided to go after them (after Keldeo learnt the Sacred Sword).

3) Keldeo was at the Pledge Grove trying to learn the Sacred Sword. It fails at first, but eventually manages to carve its own mark on the bouder (which already has the slash marks of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion). It didn't learn Mystery Sword in this chapter, but Sacred Sword.

4) The Striaton brothers challenge the Shadow Triad outside the P2 Laboratory, but the Shadow Triad mock that they aren't really Gymleaders because they were not needed at the showdown at Nacrene. They also mock that they are probably too weak to be worthy participants of the battle, as shown by the fact that they need 3 people to secure 1 Gym. The Triad fights the monkeys with Larvesta, Lilligant and Basculin. Basically, they are using the type advantages against the brother, pretty much like how the brothers treated Black, Cheren and Bianca during their Gym challenge. So yes, the brothers are losing.

It is worth noting that the Pokemon League has already started in the Keldeo chapter, so it happens after the current Ichiban chapter and probably the next too, since the next Ichiban issue likely focuses on Black's battle with Drayden, before the actual start of the Tournament (Black's argument was that the rules stated challengers may enter the League as long as they collect 8 Badges before the Tournament starts. The inauguration ceremony has begun, but not the lot drawing, and thus not the Tournament itself).

Personally, I wonder how active Genesect is going to be in the next Fan chapter. If it does fight the Musketeers, I'm afraid the Musketeers might lose since the four elemental Drives for Genesect's Techno Blast are super effective against them (fire > Cobalion, water > Terrakion, ice > Virizion, electric > Keldeo). Just a personal thought though.

Coronis~

lolipiece

Staff member
The Entralink?

Was wondering how the Dream World could be incorporated.

Macromind101

Wait, by this time, shouldn't Kusaka be releasing the first couple rounds of Black and White 2 via magazine and then stop at some point and wait until he gets caught up? That's what he did previously with the DP chapter while he was finishing Emerald and the Platinum and HGSS chapter while he was finishing DP. Even though he wasn't finished with the current storyline, since the games were out and that was the point where the corresponding chapters would sell best, Kusaka released the first 10ish rounds of the chapter and then continued the storyline after he was done with the previous chapter. And he released them by volumes so each chapter took a while to finish, even the shorter ones since those were the chapters that were finished via volumes.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Wait, by this time, shouldn't Kusaka be releasing the first couple rounds of Black and White 2 via magazine and then stop at some point and wait until he gets caught up? That's what he did previously with the DP chapter while he was finishing Emerald and the Platinum and HGSS chapter while he was finishing DP. Even though he wasn't finished with the current storyline, since the games were out and that was the point where the corresponding chapters would sell best, Kusaka released the first 10ish rounds of the chapter and then continued the storyline after he was done with the previous chapter. And he released them by volumes so each chapter took a while to finish, even the shorter ones since those were the chapters that were finished via volumes.

I suppose it is mainly due to the lack of publishing medium for the series. In the past, there were three regular magazines featuring PokeSP and each series could run independently on their monthly magazine. Since the big cancellation issue that occurred during the simultaneous release of the Platinum and HGSS chapters, which eventually were forced to make way for BW, the writers seemed hesitant to repeatthe same thing, especially when Ichiban is technically the only regular magazine while Fan is an irregular release. Fan basically supplements the plotholes in the Ichiban story now.

On another note, I don't know how much the writers have decided on how to portray the B2W2 series, whether it will be lengthy like RS and DP, or as in the remakes. All we have is a prologue so far, and it occurred even before the BW events. Elements of B2W2 are already starting to appear in BW, like the Pledge Grove and the mentioning of Flocessy Town. We have no clue whether the B2W2 protagonists are going to be separate characters or the writers will decide to pull another costume change. All the BW legendaries aside from Kyurem have been also featured (bar Keldeo's Resolute Forme and the genies' Therian Formes). I personally hope that the Kyurem plot isn't the only thing holding up the entire B2W2 series. Perhaps we could get partial original plot like they did with Yellow.

P.S. Several more 5th gen Pokemon have appeared in the recent 2 BW chapters, so that only brings us down to 17 who have not yet appeared.

Coronis~

e9310103838

I suppose it is mainly due to the lack of publishing medium for the series. In the past, there were three regular magazines featuring PokeSP and each series could run independently on their monthly magazine. Since the big cancellation issue that occurred during the simultaneous release of the Platinum and HGSS chapters, which eventually were forced to make way for BW, the writers seemed hesitant to repeatthe same thing, especially when Ichiban is technically the only regular magazine while Fan is an irregular release. Fan basically supplements the plotholes in the Ichiban story now.

On another note, I don't know how much the writers have decided on how to portray the B2W2 series, whether it will be lengthy like RS and DP, or as in the remakes. All we have is a prologue so far, and it occurred even before the BW events. Elements of B2W2 are already starting to appear in BW, like the Pledge Grove and the mentioning of Flocessy Town. We have no clue whether the B2W2 protagonists are going to be separate characters or the writers will decide to pull another costume change. All the BW legendaries aside from Kyurem have been also featured (bar Keldeo's Resolute Forme and the genies' Therian Formes). I personally hope that the Kyurem plot isn't the only thing holding up the entire B2W2 series. Perhaps we could get partial original plot like they did with Yellow.

P.S. Several more 5th gen Pokemon have appeared in the recent 2 BW chapters, so that only brings us down to 17 who have not yet appeared.

Coronis~

If 5th gen not have any new versions release after, this obvious we will get Mewtwo and Genesect in B2W2......

And since the official release Deoxy as a Pokemon of Team Plasma, I even think Deoxy may also appear......

In addition, Pt and HGSS began serialization after the game sale half a year.

B2W2 significantly more slowly expanded, although it may also be relevant with the number of the magazine and the release time of the game......

I hope that this represents Kusaka is well thought out how to develop the next B2W2. ;335;