• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodThirstyBisharp

Badass Pokemon
Blind rage? I didn't realize I was blinded by rage when reading your post. I suppose I'll need some calming glasses from now on. I stand by everything I said in my last post, if people like Sapphire more then Ruby, then it is their right, there is nothing unfair about it, just like it's your right to post your opinion as well. Whatever fanart of the female with Greninja there is out there, it doesn't matter. If it bothers you, then don't pay attention to it. There's always going to be bias talk in a fanbase, no matter what character gets whatever Pokemon.

I hope you don't think I'm blinded by rage when I ask about your Bulbasaur comment about it having competition with Charmander and Squirtle. Why should that matter? Are you saying the leading male characters should always get the most unique/popular Pokemon among the rival and the girl? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking a question here.

The way you turned my words around and jumped to false accusations gave the impression that you were angry with what I said, rather than being a little more mature about it and reading carefully. But if you say it was just a question then okay. I guess your glasses would help. :p From what people have said, they all go for Sapphire because Ruby's character, theme, and Pokemon team just weren't appealing very much. He's one of my favorite characters and best looking of the playable trainers in my opinion. So I was pretty disappointed with what the manga did to him. And I had to agree with what others had to say too. So that's why I said I could already see where X's character and everything else was going. They sorta did the same between Gold and Crystal. I'm not saying all the main characters should get the best looking starters but most of the time they get the dopey ones and just for once i'd like to see a trainer with the opposite since Pokemon fans do range from all preferences and not just one group's view, being you guys, no offense of course. Oh and I don't think Lack-Two should really be included since they're not really doing anything with that story and it seems like a small side thing anyway. So in that sense I was hoping Froakie was gonna be next in line after Black's Tepig and X could have that awesome ninja on his side, and be different than the other trainers who always had the more bulky starters, but that hope of mine was clearly shattered, haha. So i'm just saying, a little change in the main character's teams would be nice to see. I didn't want for you or anyone to take my thoughts and opinion about the manga in this manner.

I totally agree to this. You can't state your opinion as fact and respect people who find Bulbasaur cooler than Charmander and Squirtle. I think you should just ignore the opinions you don't agree with to avoid being unnecessarily bothered.

I never said it was fact that Squirtle and Charmander are better Pokemon than Bulbasaur. I like all three of them really. But like I said before, I personally just wanted to see the main character with the starter that doesn't look weird first and then evolve to look... I honestly don't know what word to use here, fat? lol not to sound mean. But yeah, that running theme has gotten quite bland and played out throughout the manga. You can technically still start weak and be the underdog even with a Pokemon that looks like Sonic the Hedgehog or something. :p But from what you said in your other comment, yeah it's totally respectable. I got what you were saying.

arawn

I think Typhlosion was not fat at all , Samurott either . So it wasn't a pattern for all gens . And IMO some "fat" pokemons were awesome such as Dia Mamos or Bastiodon . They look fierce and they don't seem like a pokemon you want to mess with . Ruby's Milotic made up for his lack of fierce looking team . And i remember how shocking when i see his Popo use Weather Ball . Just so powerful . So i don't think derp or fat looking make Main char's team look weak . It was the opposite . When those pokemon started to slay left and right , it was far more impressive than what you can imagine .

Status
Not open for further replies.