• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thanks to DST, we Americans can pretend it's 9 when it's actually 10.

In other words, I have to be up an hour early for this.

You know the drill, discuss when ORAS is out.

e9310103838

Oh, Red and Blue(female) come back.

And Blue's Jigglypuff has not evolve. lol ;039;

Last edited:
wow Red.. wow Blue.. wow Mega Kanto..
why are they bringing Kanto dexholders back? Is this some kind of fan-service?
Somehow I feel so annoyed that there're a lot of people that can use mega-evolution.
nevermind, Maxie and Archie, u r great~
EDIT: WAIT, Blue's wigglypuff is remained jigglypuff?!!? HOW?!?!

lolipiece

Staff member
It's called an "error". And can easily be fixed in later printings.

Maybe Blue just got a new Jigglypuff because riding on a Wigglytuff's might be a bit harder.

BUT HELLO WHERE'D YOU TWO COME FROM.

SmartD

So Red and Blue (the girl) show up. I didn't expect them to be there. And they have Key Stones to boot; I wonder how did they obtain them.

lolipiece

Staff member
They're Kanto Pokedex holders.

If anyone would be there to witness Bill's robbery, it'd be them.

this chapter seems having a lot of "errors". why didnt Groundon and Kyogre summon the weather when they appeared?
EDIT: also maxies key stone is on the wrong side
btw, poor Bill, you got injured seriously in most of arcs you appear :'(

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Wow. Just wow. Wow not only because Red and Blue came back but because this chapter once again threw things into a mess again.

Brief summary:
Red and Blue have apparently trailed after Archie and Maxie after they ambushed Bill in Kanto. It turns out that few weeks ago, Bill started to notice sudden changes to the Ruby and Sapphire plates. After discussing with the Hoenn sisters, he concluded that the stones are the manifestation of Hoenn's natural energy, which indicates that something is happening with Hoenn. Bill contacted Red for help, but since Green is currently not in Kanto, he decides to call Blue to come along instead. However, they find Bill attacked, and Bill informed them that the two men took his boat, which he has a tracking system on, which allowed Red and Blue to trail them to Hoenn. Blue mentions that news about the asteroid has overshadowed the news of Archie and Maxie's robbery, but Red and Blue notice that the men seem to look funny when she mentioned 'asteroid'. The two men Mega Evolved their Sharpedo and Camerupt to attack (Archie mentioned that they must be excited to be back in their home region), which Red and Blue countered with their Mega Venusaur and Blastoise.

Meanwhile, Hoopa has pulled out Groudon and Kyogre, and Ruby states that they are the same ones he fought 4 years ago, since there are only one of each. Emerald scolds Hoopa, but Ruby discovers that Hoopa was taunted by someone to do it. Ruby uses Diancie's Moonblast to hold back the titans, and chase down on Blaise and Amber with Emerald. However, Mimi and Dusclops have trouble fighting, and Ruby notes that the titans are moving. Amber states that the titans are heading towards the Orbs' location, and traps the kids with his fire illusion. Blaise and Amber follow the titans to where the Orbs are, planning to steal the items if their possessors aren't their leaders. If it happens to be, he shall help them Primal Revert the titans. However, upon seeing Archie and Maxie, Amber and Blaise seem shocked to see their appearance, asking 'who.... are you?'. At the Meteor Falls, the three Draconids approach the 'old granny' (I assume it's Zinnia's grandma). They inform her of the titans appearing on route 115, but the old lady tells them to get back to searching for Zinnia. She looks up, and mentions having seen the cloudlines left behind by Rayquaza...

============================

I'm not sure if Maxie and Archie are meant to be 'different', but the reactions of Blaise and Amber seem more than seeing their leaders in new outfits. The fact that they are acting oddly to the word 'asteroid' makes me feel like they are back for good intentions this time? Archie did mention that Sharpedo (although it wasn't seen before) and Camerupt are 'coming back home', so I suppose they were the same ones as before?? Some fans did mention that Archie and Maxie's tone of words are already different in the last chapter. Archie turning more barbaric and Maxie more educated (which was the reverse in RS although it is how they are depicted in game in ORAS).

Red mentioned that Green is currently not in Kanto, and I assume this alludes to his travel to Kalos. This poses a big question mark. Does this imply that XY takes place at the same timeline as ORAS? I know Green could have spent years in Kalos before his appearance in the latest XY chapter, but it nevertheless suggests it to be a possibility. If this is the case, B2W2 is indeed farthest in the time line then. And Jigglypuff. Unless the writers retconned the drawings into Wigglytuff, or start to introduce the concept of 'de-evolution', it's not possible.

I need time to digest this chapter. Honesty.

Edit: on second thought, XY must take place after ORAS because of that Lumiose Editor in chief. Hmm.

And, the writers mixed up the omega/alpha symbols on the jewels. I feel that the writers always have troubles with the jewels. They had them wrong for quite some time too back in RS.

Coronis~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
The games state Blue went to Kalos to study.

If that's true here, then whatever he studied took a while.

ReiZerou

This month's chapter made me think that maybe these Archie and Maxie are imposters. Would explain pretty much everything. Because to add to everything else, this is the translation of page 3:

Archie: "You followed us all the way from the Kanto region?"
Maxie: "That's a great distance."

Red: "That's right! I'm Red!"
Blue: "I'm Blue!"
Red: "We're Pokedex holders of Kanto!"

Archie: "Pokedex..."
Maxie: "Pokedex holders..."

Blue: "We're taking the stones back! Blasty!"
Red: "Saur!"

They look like they're digesting the term Pokedex holder, like they're not familiar with it at all. Maxie never had contact with Red or Blue, but Archie did and even if he didn't know their names he certainly did know they were Pokedex holders and what it meant.

This conversation, Archie and Maxie's overall behaviour, Blaise and Amber's reaction to seeing their leaders faces and the fact that last time we heard of Archie and Maxie they were pretty much screwed... I think there's a high chance we've got some imposters here or Kusaka has really got some explaining to do.

With my luck, next month's chapter is going to break this theory when Maxie and Archie do recognize Amber and Blaise, haha.

diakyu

So next chapter is when Dia and Gold come out of Hoopa's portal and tag teams all the bad guys and legendaries right?

Maybe the multiple dimensions theory is gonna be expanded on in Special, the Maxie and Archie here be from a separate dimension?

Edit: also, inb4 Yellow is in the BW2 chapter to relate her powers to N.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

So Red and Green are back, and with their new-new-and-improved starters. (I'm guessing Blue's Charizard has the Mega treatment) I'm now starting to wonder if maybe they can gather the other PokeDex holders from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova into the Generation 6 story of Pokemon Adventures (whether they have Mega's or not).

Found the link (for once...):
http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/book/detail-book/book_group_id/341/

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Kind of disappointed kusaka didn't draw older models for Red and Blue. Given that this takes place four years after RS, they should each be 20.

So if Red and Blue are in ORAS and Green is XY, then were does that leave Yellow?

Friendly reminder that East Asians don't gradually age like everyone else. We stop around our late teens then have it hit us all at once around our 40s.

lolipiece

Staff member
Hmm.

I noticed Red's Mega Ring (? Lysandre had a ring, too.) has a symbol on it. It's sort of like a crown.

I wonder if that could be significant.

Red and Blue

Hmm.

I noticed Red's Mega Ring (? Lysandre had a ring, too.) has a symbol on it. It's sort of like a crown.

I wonder if that could be significant.

It could symbolize that he's the strongest and first dex holder

lolipiece

Staff member
If you want to be technical, he's not the first Dex holder.

Just the first to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.