• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Ichiban came in early this month.

En unleashes Inferno Overdrive, and rams into Type: Null (interesting how it appears to be physical when it's supposed to be powering up Ember). The attack sends Gladion flying and crashing, and Sun himself stumbles backwards. Kiawe compliments on the successful Z Move,and Moon notices that Type: Null's helmet is starting to crack from the powerful impact. Seeing this, Gladion hurriedly retrieves Type: Null to send out Porygon instead. Sun calls for another Inferno Overdrive from En, but En only puffs out an Ember which is even weaker than usual, and gets knocked back by Porygon's Psybeam.

Gladion mocks at the Z Moves, which take a toll on the user's body and can't even knock out an opponent. Sun furiously states that Gladion is just being bitter, and says he had to call back Type: Null in fear. Gladion counters that Sun should thank him for retrieving Null or he wouldn't want to see what happens if its helmet shatters. Moon recalls the conversation Nanu had with Gladion at the Festival, about the helmet being a restrainer, and steps up to state that she believes Gladion isn't simply being bitter, much to Sun's annoyance.

Moon asks to at least heal Tapu Lele's wounds before Gladion takes it away, but Gladion decides to ask about the battle Moon witnessed between Tapu Lele and Xurkitree. Moon recalls how the mysterious creature one-sidedly controlled the battle, and also mentions her failure to capture it. Hearing that, Gladion decides that Tapu Lele is of no use to him, since it is too weak. He mocks how it fled from the battle with Xurkitree back to its lair, and didn't even put up a fight when he tried to catch it. He thinks it is a joke that it is regarded as a guardian.

To thank Moon for granting him a break, he decides to tell her that the opening in the sky is an exit but not an opening, and Sun argues that it makes no difference. Gladion tells him to use his head, and Moon realizes that one can only come out but not enter via the opening. Gladion also mentions the portal can only be severed from the other side but not their side. He then leaves and Sun tries to give chase, but is stopped by Kiawe and Kahili, the latter believing that Gladion is shouldering the impending crisis of Alola on his shoulders alone. Sun is hardly polite towards Kahili, and Kiawe introduces her as a prominent trainer on top of golfer in Alola.

Just then, Tapu Lele emerges from its cocoon state, and Moon urges him to do the delivery. Sun asks for a signature, which Moon states Tapu Lele clearly can't, and after the guardian consumes the Mirage Berry, its health is restored, and it also showers everyone with its healing scales. Moon then asks Tapu Lele if Xurkitree was the reason behind its anger, and the guardian replies by activating a Psychic Terrain with its ability. Kahili realizes it is testing their strength, and Sun, Moon, Kiawe and Kahili team up to fight. Unfortunately, Tapu Lele is overwhelmingly strong, and Kiawe couldn't start to imagine how strong Xurkitree must be if it could overpower Tapu Lele. Sun, unwilling to give up since it is taking up his work time, forces on and En evolves into a Torracat, swinging out a blast of flames which manage to hit Tapu Lele. Apparently contented, Tapu Lele flies off, and Moon thinks they have gained its trust like they did with Tapu Koko.

Moon ponders on Gladion's words, and wonders who might have opened the portal from the other side. Sun thinks of the Rotom-dex, and wonders if it can help them communicate with Pokemon. He mocks that it is easily knocked out by Xurkitree, but Rotom-dex kicks his face in reflex as he wakes up and suddenly mutters the name 'Necrozma'.

Meanwhile, at Aether Paradise, Aether Foundation have invited residents to help them advertise their organization, giving them souvenirs afterwards. The staff in charge (who looks awfully similar to Cedric Juniper's face) sees the arrival of their President, Lusamine, who is happy that things are going well.

Back on Akala, Mallow and Lana have defeated the Skull Grunts, and the group reunites before setting off. At that moment, Dollar seems intrigued by the Memorial Hill, and pops out from its Pokeball to look around the burial site of the Alolan royalty...

===============================

This chapter seems to have picked up the pace again, and En has evolved into a Torracat. Funny how the 'incomplete' Z move at the tournament fainted Type: Null when this full blown one only manages to crack its helmet. I wonder if Gladion has some way to glue the helmet back together? Or we will be seeing Silvally soon.

The Mirage Berry seems to restore health from what we see in this chapter, and the 'island challenge' Sun is taking up still seems a little odd to me. Essentially by having met Tapu Koko, he has completed his Melemele task, and Kahili specifically mentions that he only has Bulu and Fini left.

I'm not sure what Rotom-dex meant when it said 'Necrozma'. Maybe it was answering Moon's query of who opened the portal from the ultraspace. Either way, this seems to suggest that Necrozma will be central to the plot of Sun Moon, and perhaps this suggest that we will not get a USUM arc? Unless USUM only focuses on Rainbow Rocket with the mythicals.

A nice touch to Alolan Meowth's ties to the royalty, though I wonder if there is any deeper implication to the plot.

Last but not least, we get the fully colored image of the 2018 'greeting pic' featuring the Rockruff line (next year will be the year of the dog in Chinese/Japanese culture, and thus the choice). The text says 'these will be the star in the coming year. I wonder if there is any truth to it or an unintended caption'. I cleaned up the pic a little and rotated it.

Oh, and the next issue of Fan will be coming out, which features no PKSP content.

P.S. minivolume 2 of Sun and Moon is coming out on 27 Dec, which leads me to believe that this is the last chapter being featured in the volume (they usually wouldn't include the chapter that is immediately before since people wouldn't have to buy it with the mere one week lapse). I guess we will move away from Akala next chapter since the mini volumes seem island based?

Coronis~

Last edited:

Moni_22

Thanks for the summary, looks like a lot happens in the chapter. Still surprised that Plumeria hasn't showed up yet, maybe next chapter? Interesting they mention Necrozma already, I guess that's a hint that the story will eventually connect to USUM. Maybe we'll see the Ultra Recon Squad soon or something

And there's Lusamine! I didn't expect to see her already, I like her manga design.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Totally called En evolving here. It only made the most sense.

The Necrozma mention has me hoping we'll just get one long arc. USUM doesn't really have anything that would warrant a second arc outside of RR, which probably wouldn't even work unless Kusaka wants to starting bringing in the can of worms that is alternate dimensions and stuff into the mix.

Here's hoping Gen VIII is in 2019 so this arc can last another two years.

And there's Lusamine! I didn't expect to see her already, I like her manga design.

Well, it fits, considering you first visit Aether after completing Akala.

Next is Ula'Ula, so they'll probably be involved with Po Town there.

shadowF

Has there been any hints to what other Pokemon may be in Sun's team besides Incineroar, Alolan Persian line and Wishiwashi? I would like to make a Pokemon team based on Sun's team in Ultra Sun.

lolipiece

Staff member
Has there been any hints to what other Pokemon may be in Sun's team besides Incineroar, Alolan Persian line and Wishiwashi? I would like to make a Pokemon team based on Sun's team in Ultra Sun.

No.

Well yeah but I thought we'd have a chapter or two where they go to Aether Paradise and that would be her introduction. Will they even go there?

Hmm. I wouldn't be surprised if Moon does, since she's focused on the Ultra Beasts and all.

They'll have to go eventually since they'll need to focus on the Nebby and Lillie getting captured plot.

Moni_22

Hmm. I wouldn't be surprised if Moon does, since she's focused on the Ultra Beasts and all.

They'll have to go eventually since they'll need to focus on the Nebby and Lillie getting captured plot.

Yes, eventually they'll go. But I wonder if we'll have the Nihilego event since they've already seen an UB and we have already seen Lusamine

I'm really liking how the dynamic of the two protagonists are being framed so far: Sun having more fight scenes while Moon is the one who is actually involved in the plot. I hope it sticks for the rest of the chapter.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Thanks for the update Coronis. I'm happy that Sunny boys Litten has evolved, even though I know little to nothing of the species. I still don't like Gladion and I can't wait for someone to humiliate and destroy him in a battle. Also I never realized this but Lusamine kinda reminds me of Luna from Megaman Starforce. It must be the weird hair.

Edit: And Rotom kicking Sun in the face amuses me.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
When is BW2 coming out this month, if it's coming?

Thanks so much!

lolipiece

Staff member
Anyone knows when will the USUM chapter will roll?

If we knew, it would've been brought up in the speculation thread.

The latest chapter implies SM will incorporate elements of USUM, but nothing about a separate arc has been brought up yet.

johno1995

I think it's fun to speculate on teams but there are no real hints or updates yet. I'd really like to see both Sun and Moon with an Ultra Beast in their roster. It may be important for both to befriend these Beasts in order to show that they're not inherently evil creatures--not much different from their reality's Pokemon.

I think the most fitting for Sun would be Xurkitree. It'd be funny to see him interacting with such a silly looking Pokemon that can also be quite intimidating. The obvious choice for Moon would be Poipole/Naganadel, and I'm excited to see if she gets it and how excited she is to interact with such a cute little Ultra Beast.

I really wanted to see Sun with a Bewear, but I doubt it now. I could see him capturing a Passimian and Moon an Oranguru, though. Alternatively, for some reason I can see Sun owning a Hawlucha or Primeape if he's given any previous-gen Pokemon, and Moon with a Seviper or Toxicroak.

Last edited:

shadowF

I think it's fun to speculate on teams but there are no real hints or updates yet. I'd really like to see both Sun and Moon with an Ultra Beast in their roster. It may be important for both to befriend these Beasts in order to show that they're not inherently evil creatures--not much different from their reality's Pokemon.

I think the most fitting for Sun would be Xurkitree. It'd be funny to see him interacting with such a silly looking Pokemon that can also be quite intimidating. The obvious choice for Moon would be Poipole/Naganadel, and I'm excited to see if she gets it and how excited she is to interact with such a cute little Ultra Beast.

I really wanted to see Sun with a Bewear, but I doubt it now. I could see him capturing a Passimian and Moon an Oranguru, though. Alternatively, for some reason I can see Sun owning a Hawlucha or Primeape if he's given any previous-gen Pokemon, and Moon with a Seviper or Toxicroak.

Yeah I think it is obvious that Moon is getting Naganadel but I would love for Sun to get an Ultra Beast too! Blacephalon would be my preferred choice but I have a feeling if Sun gets an Ultra Beast then it might be Guzzlord since Guzzlord is associated with greed and consumption and Sun is a character obsessed with money. Other than that I see Sun getting Dusk form Lycanroc and maybe Passimian but it would be cool if Sun gets an Alolan Ninetales. I also see Sun with Sogaleo too for some weird reason.

Moni_22

I also see Sun with Sogaleo too for some weird reason.

I mean... Solgaleo is perfect for Sun because it's the mascot and it's a big cat xD I do agree that Poipole seems great for Moon, before I thought she may get Nihilego, but it's better if Nihilego stays in the story.

Another point is that, without giving spoilers, I think Kusaka could mix both climax of SM and USUM; first SM's and then USUM's. They are both different so I'd like to see both of them in some way.

Mika555

It has been years since I posted on this website, but I am wondering if Poke Pelago will be featured soon. As I am looking foward to seeing Sun and Moon go there.

Last edited:

Moni_22

It has been years since I posted on this website, but I am wondering if Poke Polego will be featured soon. As I am looking foward to seeing Sun and Moon go there.

Well I guess it should appear in some way. Especially since Mohn is the one who runs it

Status
Not open for further replies.