• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
One thing I would like to see explored is Lusamine's relationship with Guzma. Was she just using him or did she genuinely respect him? It was never made clear. In SM, even at her worst, she got quiet when Lillie asked if she didn't care what happened to him, despite having no issue ranting about how much she despised her own daughter to her face. Then there's the fact that he brought him along to Ultra Space for no particular reason. And that was a world that, according to her, was supposed to contain only her and the things she loved, and she gets mad the moment someone else steps in it. Then there's the fact that just using him implies she has real trust in his capabilities, which was the reason Guzma followed her to begin with.

I think that was answered in USUM. Where Lusamine didn't have that Ultra Beast obsession, yet still had Guzma along with for her plans.

It is a mixture of that she was taking advantage of him, but at the same time DID genuinely respect the guy. (That was the carrot on the stick for him to where he disregard most of his morality, he only started regretting things when things went south for him.) The only real difference at that point was the outcomes, where the partner ship in US/UM never gotten as bad as it did in S/M and the two were stomped by Necrozma.

Once Necrozma was defeated and the Don came knocking, Our boy came to help us out/ rescue the Prez!

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! So I was talking to the mehmeh1 guy right. He has high hopes that "The Light That Burns the Sky" move will appear in the manga. Most legendary exclusive moves tend to appear in the manga, Kusaka does this a lot. Then it just occurred to me. If were following game-mechanics, the only way for Necrozma to do this is through a Z-ring. Meaning he needs a trainer to use that move. Meaning put two and two together... could it be possible THAT SOMEONE WILL CAPTURE NECROZMA!? Or at least befriend or control him during a final battle. I don't know if someone suggested this but the thought of it was just too exciting to not bring it up.

Last edited:

Lucky3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! So I was talking to the mehmeh1 guy right. He has high hopes that "The Light That Burns the Sky" move will appear in the manga. Most legendary exclusive moves tend to appear in the manga, Kusaka does this a lot. Then it just occurred to me. If were following game-mechanics, the only way for Necrozma to do this is through a Z-ring. Meaning he needs a trainer to use that move. Meaning put two and two together... could it be possible THAT SOMEONE WILL CAPTURE NECROZMA!? Or at least befriend or control him during a final battle. I don't know if someone suggested this but the thought of it was just too exciting to not bring it up.
The ultimate boss battle
08ehiM4.png

Meron

One thing I would like to see explored is Lusamine's relationship with Guzma. Was she just using him or did she genuinely respect him? It was never made clear. In SM, even at her worst, she got quiet when Lillie asked if she didn't care what happened to him, despite having no issue ranting about how much she despised her own daughter to her face.
She did respond with "I don't need you anymore" after that pause. In the Japanese version it was more like she "got tired" of Guzma as soon as he started to have regrets. In my opinion that kind of goes well with what Faba said in one of the previous chapters, that Lusamine/Faba benefitted from Guzma's convenient disappearance after they had their use of him.

Lucky3

She did respond with "I don't need you anymore" after that pause. In the Japanese version it was more like she "got tired" of Guzma as soon as he started to have regrets. In my opinion that kind of goes well with what Faba said in one of the previous chapters, that Lusamine/Faba benefitted from Guzma's convenient disappearance after they had their use of him.
Just the fact that she paused implies she was at least somewhat conflicted about it, imo. Considering Lusamine's character, I think what makes more sense is that she had some attachment to him because he followed her blindly, and she likes that. That's why she brought him along. But when he stops doing what she wants, she casts him away, because that's how Lusamine is. She only loves what she can control. She tells Lillie something along the lines of 'you used to be so adorable when you listened to me'.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The ultimate boss battle
08ehiM4.png

Funny, I've been wondering whether the Motherbeast would even show up given Guzma's kidnapping. Kusaka typically portrays Legendaries and Mythicals as individuals (bar Deoxys), so I was expecting Ultra Beasts to be given the same treatment. But here we are with two Celesteela and four Pheromosa (which is a reference to how many you can catch in-game, btw).

That being said, this discussion of the final SM battle reminds me, Guzma explicitly stated he was possessed by Nihilego he tried to capture. What if we actually see that here? What if they take it a step further by having him fuse with it (against his will?) like Lusamine does?

Moni_22

Funny, I've been wondering whether the Motherbeast would even show up given Guzma's kidnapping. Kusaka typically portrays Legendaries and Mythicals as individuals (bar Deoxys), so I was expecting Ultra Beasts to be given the same treatment. But here we are with two Celesteela and four Pheromosa (which is a reference to how many you can catch in-game, btw).

That being said, this discussion of the final SM battle reminds me, Guzma explicitly stated he was possessed by Nihilego he tried to capture. What if we actually see that here? What if they take it a step further by having him fuse with it (against his will?) like Lusamine does?

I do think we are going to see Motherbeast somehow, she was the final villain in SM after all... and this Lusamine seems to be like the SM one. And yes, since Guzma was specifically kidnapped by a Nihilego, maybe we'll see something like that, it could be interesting.

I do wonder what's gonna happen in this chapter, Necrozma shows up, and then what? There's still so much we don't know yet. And if Necrozma takes Solgaleo what happens with Lunala?

Next chapter may introduce the Ultra Recon Squad now that Necrozma has showed up.

shoz999

I do think we are going to see Motherbeast somehow, she was the final villain in SM after all... and this Lusamine seems to be like the SM one. And yes, since Guzma was specifically kidnapped by a Nihilego, maybe we'll see something like that, it could be interesting.

I do wonder what's gonna happen in this chapter, Necrozma shows up, and then what? There's still so much we don't know yet. And if Necrozma takes Solgaleo what happens with Lunala?

Next chapter may introduce the Ultra Recon Squad now that Necrozma has showed up.
If it's anything like past final battles. I think it's safe to say that we won't just see possibly Zygarde or the Ultra Beasts joining the battle but all kinds of participants.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
I'm assuming someone from the Ultra Recon Squad will own a Poipole/Naganadel (or Moon catches one in Ultra Space because... Poison type) but did they forget about Stakataka?

Blacephalon showed up pretty early, I thought Stakataka would have shown up by now

lolipiece

Staff member
I'm assuming someone from the Ultra Recon Squad will own a Poipole/Naganadel (or Moon catches one in Ultra Space because... Poison type) but did they forget about Stakataka?

Blacephalon showed up pretty early, I thought Stakataka would have shown up by now

The story's been pretty plot-heavy the past few chapters. Introducing Stakataka would've just taken away from that.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
The story's been pretty plot-heavy the past few chapters. Introducing Stakataka would've just taken away from that.

Not really... they introduced Nihilego pretty unceremoniously, which is weird because it's the most prominent UB in SM

Same with Pheramosa, Celesteela, and Guzzlord... they just kinda showed up. Not sure why Stakataka didn't just show up along side them. If they're saving it for something special that would be weirder because it really didn't have a big role in the game.

Maybe they're leaving it out because they don't want to draw 150 squares/cubes LOL

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Not really... they introduced Nihilego pretty unceremoniously, which is weird because it's the most prominent UB in SM

Same with Pheramosa, Celesteela, and Guzzlord... they just kinda showed up. Not sure why Stakataka didn't just show up along side them. If they're saving it for something special that would be weirder because it really didn't have a big role in the game.

Maybe they're leaving it out because they don't want to draw 150 squares/cubes LOL

Or that Stakataka is kind of bland even among the Ultra Beasts. It is a collection of panel like life forms that form into a giant tower, they glow red when ticked off and are as dangerous as a tower of bricks. (Which is pretty dangerous when they fall on you.) Other than that... nothing about Stakataka screams dangerous alien. (Though how this thing dodged the beast balls in the anime is kind of neat and if Stakataka uses trick room while ticked off... then it WILL be dangerous.)

lolipiece

Staff member

It kidnapped Guzma and is still on the loose, so that's pretty important. More so than the others, at least.

Also, I was referring to Poni when I meant "plot heavy". That was before this.

Eh, the only Ultra Beasts that are truly treated as special are Nihilego (story importance) and Guzzlord (final UB encountered in SM, "leader" of the UBs, killed that person Nanu and Looker worked with). The others are just things to fight, honestly, so it's not that odd.

I mean, back when this began, I was expecting Guzzlord to be the final opponent (for Zygarde to fight or whatever), but now it looks like it'll be Necrozma.

Lucky3

It is weird that the Lusamine panel has every UB except Stakataka in it, yet there are a bunch of Pheromosa and two Celesteela.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
A summary and some images of the current month's chapter:

Anabel's Pokemon defeats Faba and the Scientists. With the arrival of Lillie and Gladion, Faba knows that his scheme is over. At that moment, a bright light from the Altar draws everyone's attention, and both Cosmoem have evolved into Solgaleo and Lunala. Anabel clearly knows about them, and explains their roles as emissaries of the Sun and Moon. Like UBs, they are from another dimension. Since Cosmog is extremely weak, they send Cosmog to Alola in order grow under the protection of the Tapu, and they in turn protect Alola. Cosmog's ability to create portals enables it to find a safe world, but when its safety is compromised, it may in reverse create a portal back to the ultra space. Lillie recalls how Nebby was abused by Aether, using Pokemon they supposedly rescued from torture, and thus stole it away, not knowing that Aether has a second Cosmog.

Anabel receives a call from Looker, and apparently more UBs have emerged from the portals in Po Town, and are all heading towards Poni Island. Solgaleo and Lunala lift Sun and Moon onto their backs, and glows in auras. Moon can sense Lunala's feelings, how it cherishes Lillie, the love for Alola, and the impending crisis. The UBs arrive, and Lunala swipes a group down with a single attack. Everyone else joins in the battle, but Solgaleo isn't attacking. It turns out that Sun is struggling to get off its back, because he sees the person he is looking for. He breaks free, which results of Solgaleo's aura vanishing, and Gladion is alarmed that Solgaleo cannot unleash its powers when its bond to humans is broken.

Sun confronts Faba with his piggy bank, but Faba is completely clueless of what he is talking about. We finally learn that 5 years ago, after Sun's conversation with his great grandpa (as seen in Chapter 1), Sun flew to Alola one month later. His great grandpa told him that they live on a small island that is surrounded by Alola's 4 major islands, and the old man's dream is to create a Pokepelago. Unfortunately, when Sun arrives, his great grandfather has passed away the night before (I suppose we now know where his powerful Meowth came from). Faba and Aether were there, and decides to move the dead man to another island's cemetry. Sun learns that Aether will start work on the island, and argues that the island belongs to his great grandpa. However, Faba points out that the island belongs to Aether, but a great man in Aether (implying Mohn), gave the island to Sun's great grandpa to help him fulfill his dream of building the Pokepelago. Now that the old man has passed and the great Aether man has gone missing, the island shall rightfully be returned to Aether. Sun demands the have the island, and Faba half heartedly ask for 1 hundread miillion yen.

Faba finally remembers the incident, and Sun pours out the cash from his piggy bank, saying the remaining sum will be ready when he completes the Mirage Berry and Zygarde Cell quests. To his dismay, Faba laughs, and says he cannot have the island back now. It turns out that the originally small island has been artificially expanded to what is the Aether Paradise today, and Faba mocks that with all that they have invested on the construction, 1 hundred million yen can no longer cut the deal. Faba also states that he made the fake promise to Sun in order to 'help a kid get over the loss of a loved one'. He hopes that Sun has spent 5 fruitful years collecting the money.

Gladion and Lillie get a hunch of who the 'great Aether man' is, but at that moment, a portal is torn open, and Necrozma appears to drag in Solgaleo, who grabs Sun along with its tail. Moon gives chase with Lunala, and both protagonists vanish into the portal as it closes, leaving a stunned Lillie.

Half a year later, we see Lusamine and number of UBs...

=======================================

Dear all, my apologies for the recent months of inactivity (I suppose some of the newer members may not even know me). I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I will be resigning from SPP. Personal reasons aside, the internet space has evolved so much in the past decade. Text-heavy materials just do not seem to fit in much anymore, and I'm get less and less motivated to write long and winding summaries over the past few years. For those of you who have been around for some time, you are probably also aware that I frequently use non-official/fan-coined stuff in my work, which sometimes creates controversies since SPP is as good as an official source of Pokemon now.

Rest assured that I didn't get into any conflict with Serebii. I cannot thank him enough for the past 16 years for hosting my materials and giving me the liberty to do whatever I want on the manga section of SPP. My recent interest has shifted somewhat to drawing fanart, and I've made a personal PKSP tribute site where I can just be an ordinary fan and not be a 'source' or 'news provider'. I felt like it wouldn't be right to continue 'hogging' the manga section of SPP, so I've decided to resign.

I thank everyone who have taken time to read my summaries or work on SPP all these years, and it has been a joy for me.

With best regards,
Coronis~

lolipiece

Staff member
Thank you, Coronis!

You've been a big help to the Spe fandom for so long (Christ, I was an elementary school when you started.). I wish you happiness in whatever you decide to do afterwards.

OK, onto the actual chapter.

So Nebby didn't evolve into Solgaleo? I was expecting it to go to Sun since he's the protag and he already has two cats on his team, but this is fine, too.

Hmm. Faba hd Sun's great-grandfather moved to cemetery on another island? And the final scene of volume 2 was Sun's Meowth looking back at the Memorial Hill. ...Hmm.

Hmm. They changed Aether Paradise's origin a little. In the games, it's just a series of blocks floating on the water. Here, they built it around an island. I mean, I guess that would prevent it from moving much. It doesn't contradict much since the NPC doesn't full specify how long Aether Paradise itself has existed. Wonder if Lusamine's father will be mentioned. He was the one who created the Aether Foundation to begin with.

Last edited:

Moni_22

Thanks for everything Coronis! Even if you don't write summaries anymore, we will still be happy to see you here and talk =)

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Pokemon community, Coronis. Your contributions won’t be missed and I’m thankful that you’ve set an amazing example for Serebii and to all the members in the forum. Godspeed.

shoz999

Thanks for everything, Coronis. I hope you are never forgotten throughout the years to come. The name Coronis is even a bit well-known outside of the forums among Adventure fans if I recall. When I was younger, I had no clue Serebii.net even had a forums section back than but I often saw your name credited, listed or associated in the main site of the news and manga sections, perhaps moreso than even the big Serebii webmaster himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.