• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Coronis, thank you for all you've done for the PokeSpe fandom for all these years. I've definitely wouldn't have like Spe as much as I do now if not for you in the early years ^-^

Last edited:

TotallyNotCrt

A summary and some images of the current month's chapter:

Anabel's Pokemon defeats Faba and the Scientists. With the arrival of Lillie and Gladion, Faba knows that his scheme is over. At that moment, a bright light from the Altar draws everyone's attention, and both Cosmoem have evolved into Solgaleo and Lunala. Anabel clearly knows about them, and explains their roles as emissaries of the Sun and Moon. Like UBs, they are from another dimension. Since Cosmog is extremely weak, they send Cosmog to Alola in order grow under the protection of the Tapu, and they in turn protect Alola. Cosmog's ability to create portals enables it to find a safe world, but when its safety is compromised, it may in reverse create a portal back to the ultra space. Lillie recalls how Nebby was abused by Aether, using Pokemon they supposedly rescued from torture, and thus stole it away, not knowing that Aether has a second Cosmog.

Anabel receives a call from Looker, and apparently more UBs have emerged from the portals in Po Town, and are all heading towards Poni Island. Solgaleo and Lunala lift Sun and Moon onto their backs, and glows in auras. Moon can sense Lunala's feelings, how it cherishes Lillie, the love for Alola, and the impending crisis. The UBs arrive, and Lunala swipes a group down with a single attack. Everyone else joins in the battle, but Solgaleo isn't attacking. It turns out that Sun is struggling to get off its back, because he sees the person he is looking for. He breaks free, which results of Solgaleo's aura vanishing, and Gladion is alarmed that Solgaleo cannot unleash its powers when its bond to humans is broken.

Sun confronts Faba with his piggy bank, but Faba is completely clueless of what he is talking about. We finally learn that 5 years ago, after Sun's conversation with his great grandpa (as seen in Chapter 1), Sun flew to Alola one month later. His great grandpa told him that they live on a small island that is surrounded by Alola's 4 major islands, and the old man's dream is to create a Pokepelago. Unfortunately, when Sun arrives, his great grandfather has passed away the night before (I suppose we now know where his powerful Meowth came from). Faba and Aether were there, and decides to move the dead man to another island's cemetry. Sun learns that Aether will start work on the island, and argues that the island belongs to his great grandpa. However, Faba points out that the island belongs to Aether, but a great man in Aether (implying Mohn), gave the island to Sun's great grandpa to help him fulfill his dream of building the Pokepelago. Now that the old man has passed and the great Aether man has gone missing, the island shall rightfully be returned to Aether. Sun demands the have the island, and Faba half heartedly ask for 1 hundread miillion yen.

Faba finally remembers the incident, and Sun pours out the cash from his piggy bank, saying the remaining sum will be ready when he completes the Mirage Berry and Zygarde Cell quests. To his dismay, Faba laughs, and says he cannot have the island back now. It turns out that the originally small island has been artificially expanded to what is the Aether Paradise today, and Faba mocks that with all that they have invested on the construction, 1 hundred million yen can no longer cut the deal. Faba also states that he made the fake promise to Sun in order to 'help a kid get over the loss of a loved one'. He hopes that Sun has spent 5 fruitful years collecting the money.

Gladion and Lillie get a hunch of who the 'great Aether man' is, but at that moment, a portal is torn open, and Necrozma appears to drag in Solgaleo, who grabs Sun along with its tail. Moon gives chase with Lunala, and both protagonists vanish into the portal as it closes, leaving a stunned Lillie.

Half a year later, we see Lusamine and number of UBs...

=======================================

Dear all, my apologies for the recent months of inactivity (I suppose some of the newer members may not even know me). I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I will be resigning from SPP. Personal reasons aside, the internet space has evolved so much in the past decade. Text-heavy materials just do not seem to fit in much anymore, and I'm get less and less motivated to write long and winding summaries over the past few years. For those of you who have been around for some time, you are probably also aware that I frequently use non-official/fan-coined stuff in my work, which sometimes creates controversies since SPP is as good as an official source of Pokemon now.

Rest assured that I didn't get into any conflict with Serebii. I cannot thank him enough for the past 16 years for hosting my materials and giving me the liberty to do whatever I want on the manga section of SPP. My recent interest has shifted somewhat to drawing fanart, and I've made a personal PKSP tribute site where I can just be an ordinary fan and not be a 'source' or 'news provider'. I felt like it wouldn't be right to continue 'hogging' the manga section of SPP, so I've decided to resign.

I thank everyone who have taken time to read my summaries or work on SPP all these years, and it has been a joy for me.

With best regards,
Coronis~

Thank you Coronis for your many, many years of contributions!
Good luck with your fan-site!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Thank you for everything @Coronis !

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Thank you Coronis and good luck out there!

iml908

Thank you Coronis. Your affect not only on this website, but how we fans view PokeSpe in general, will be here forever.

diakyu

Dang it's become habit to me for a long time to make sure to read your summaries Coronis. Good luck out there and thanks

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
A summary and some images of the current month's chapter:

Anabel's Pokemon defeats Faba and the Scientists. With the arrival of Lillie and Gladion, Faba knows that his scheme is over. At that moment, a bright light from the Altar draws everyone's attention, and both Cosmoem have evolved into Solgaleo and Lunala. Anabel clearly knows about them, and explains their roles as emissaries of the Sun and Moon. Like UBs, they are from another dimension. Since Cosmog is extremely weak, they send Cosmog to Alola in order grow under the protection of the Tapu, and they in turn protect Alola. Cosmog's ability to create portals enables it to find a safe world, but when its safety is compromised, it may in reverse create a portal back to the ultra space. Lillie recalls how Nebby was abused by Aether, using Pokemon they supposedly rescued from torture, and thus stole it away, not knowing that Aether has a second Cosmog.

Anabel receives a call from Looker, and apparently more UBs have emerged from the portals in Po Town, and are all heading towards Poni Island. Solgaleo and Lunala lift Sun and Moon onto their backs, and glows in auras. Moon can sense Lunala's feelings, how it cherishes Lillie, the love for Alola, and the impending crisis. The UBs arrive, and Lunala swipes a group down with a single attack. Everyone else joins in the battle, but Solgaleo isn't attacking. It turns out that Sun is struggling to get off its back, because he sees the person he is looking for. He breaks free, which results of Solgaleo's aura vanishing, and Gladion is alarmed that Solgaleo cannot unleash its powers when its bond to humans is broken.

Sun confronts Faba with his piggy bank, but Faba is completely clueless of what he is talking about. We finally learn that 5 years ago, after Sun's conversation with his great grandpa (as seen in Chapter 1), Sun flew to Alola one month later. His great grandpa told him that they live on a small island that is surrounded by Alola's 4 major islands, and the old man's dream is to create a Pokepelago. Unfortunately, when Sun arrives, his great grandfather has passed away the night before (I suppose we now know where his powerful Meowth came from). Faba and Aether were there, and decides to move the dead man to another island's cemetry. Sun learns that Aether will start work on the island, and argues that the island belongs to his great grandpa. However, Faba points out that the island belongs to Aether, but a great man in Aether (implying Mohn), gave the island to Sun's great grandpa to help him fulfill his dream of building the Pokepelago. Now that the old man has passed and the great Aether man has gone missing, the island shall rightfully be returned to Aether. Sun demands the have the island, and Faba half heartedly ask for 1 hundread miillion yen.

Faba finally remembers the incident, and Sun pours out the cash from his piggy bank, saying the remaining sum will be ready when he completes the Mirage Berry and Zygarde Cell quests. To his dismay, Faba laughs, and says he cannot have the island back now. It turns out that the originally small island has been artificially expanded to what is the Aether Paradise today, and Faba mocks that with all that they have invested on the construction, 1 hundred million yen can no longer cut the deal. Faba also states that he made the fake promise to Sun in order to 'help a kid get over the loss of a loved one'. He hopes that Sun has spent 5 fruitful years collecting the money.

Gladion and Lillie get a hunch of who the 'great Aether man' is, but at that moment, a portal is torn open, and Necrozma appears to drag in Solgaleo, who grabs Sun along with its tail. Moon gives chase with Lunala, and both protagonists vanish into the portal as it closes, leaving a stunned Lillie.

Half a year later, we see Lusamine and number of UBs...

=======================================

Dear all, my apologies for the recent months of inactivity (I suppose some of the newer members may not even know me). I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I will be resigning from SPP. Personal reasons aside, the internet space has evolved so much in the past decade. Text-heavy materials just do not seem to fit in much anymore, and I'm get less and less motivated to write long and winding summaries over the past few years. For those of you who have been around for some time, you are probably also aware that I frequently use non-official/fan-coined stuff in my work, which sometimes creates controversies since SPP is as good as an official source of Pokemon now.

Rest assured that I didn't get into any conflict with Serebii. I cannot thank him enough for the past 16 years for hosting my materials and giving me the liberty to do whatever I want on the manga section of SPP. My recent interest has shifted somewhat to drawing fanart, and I've made a personal PKSP tribute site where I can just be an ordinary fan and not be a 'source' or 'news provider'. I felt like it wouldn't be right to continue 'hogging' the manga section of SPP, so I've decided to resign.

I thank everyone who have taken time to read my summaries or work on SPP all these years, and it has been a joy for me.

With best regards,
Coronis~
Out of curiousity, you said you made a personal Pokemon Special tribute site. When you say personal do you mean it's private or just personal as in you put a lot of work and thought into it? If it's not both and only the latter, is there a link to it? On a side note, I assume you will still venture across the forums as simply a fan and fanartist this time around?

Redstar45

Last edited:

shoz999

It is about fun of Pokemon special manga........that it is http://coronis-pksp.com
Thank you. I freaking love this. Is this really a fan-site? This is incredibly well-made, very organized, good color tones, simple and straight to the point, for something that's just starting out. It reminds me of those Nintendo gaming sites but without the slow loading times only with the potential to expand in the future. This is awesome.

Redstar45

Mind you it has not been updated for awhile

shoz999

Mind you it has not been updated for awhile
Still pretty good looking and it's easy to access. Honestly. This looks like something officially sponsored by Nintendo, GameFreak or Shogakukan. Like I bet you can fool a lot of people at first glance to think this is somekind of new official Pokemon Adventures encyclopedia site. That's how good this site looks and how it's organized.

Redstar45

Ehh it is easy to find it out when you are longer internet user

Redstar45

It is .

Lucky3

Good luck, Coronis. Without you, many of us wouldn't be following Pokéspe. Even if you retire, all your contributions to the fandom will always be remembered.

And now to the chapter.

I'm not sure who is Nebby. They don't seem to be differentiating Solgaleo and Lunala in any way.

Sun really got it rough in this one. All those years saving money and it's all for nothing (Nami from One Piece much? XD). Faba doesn't even remember the deal. And then he gets kidnapped by Necrozma to top it all off. And that shot of the money flying around, just to hammer home that it's completely useless. Poor cat boy.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm not sure who is Nebby. They don't seem to be differentiating Solgaleo and Lunala in any way.

Lunala. Moon stated Lunala liked Lillie, which wouldn't make sense if it was the other one, who has no association with her.

LordSerperior

@Coronis I got into Pokespe after being intrigued by your summaries. You've done a brilliant job with them all these years. Thank you for everything and good luck with all that you hope to achieve.

SilverSaint

@Coronis Your summaries were what brought me to Serebii.net in the first place 14 years ago and they were what inspired me to start reading other manga and writing fan fiction. Thank you for everything, truly.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't know you much, but over these last few years I've heard of your contributions through the main page of serebii.net, so thanks and good luck @Coronis

On an unrelated note, no news about BW2 yet, right?

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Thank you so much for everything @Coronis . It was your summaries that got me hooked on the world of PokeSpe, leading to me to writing fan fiction, and eventually becoming a novelist. Thank you for being part of the inspiration for an amazing life-changing chain of events. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that if times ever get tough, you'll remember the positive impact that you've had on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.