• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky3

Probably way too early for this, but let's make a team prediction for the new guys:
Sword:
Sobble, Sirfetchd, Polteageist, Alcremie, Mr. Rime, Arctozolt
Shield:
Scorbunny, Perrserker, Impidimp, Toxtricity, Runerigus, Dracovish,

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
and just like the previous chapter, most likely they're teaming up with the legendary mascots of their respective games (Zacian and Zamazenta) or one of them teaming up with a villain like Yveltal

TotallyNotCrt

Summary's a bit rough as it was done in a livetweet format where I just talked about it on twitter.

Cleaned it up a bit and here we go!

Pokemon Sun and Moon Chapter 37 Summary

Pictures here: https://twitter.com/strawhatcrt/status/1197554740575387648

Ryuki learns he got duped. Faba gets chased like in a horror movie by Dollar, the Alolan Meowth. Faba's fear attracts all the Nihilego nearby and they yoink him into an Ultra Wormhole. Moon rendezvous with Looker/Anabel and Zygarde goes back to 100% forme.
Zossie recognizes Anabel and says that she's gotten even taller. Anabel talks to Phyco that she was going to keep her promise and help, and but the final Beast Ball has been destroyed in the battle.

Rotom tells Sun that this is his chance and he reveals that he has a Beast Ball, taken from Lusamine around the time they were taken back into Alola. He gives the ball to Anabel, but she declines to say that she knows better about not repeating the mistakes with Necrozma.

Looker tells Anabel otherwise that her mission is to capture the UB for the International Police, but she just says just report that it was a failure because they lost the last Beast Ball and it was burned up. Zossie instead captures Necrozma, asking it to come with her.

”Time passes" and Moon is back in the Sinnoh region where Kukui is on call with her, telling her what the URS are up to and how Aether is changing.
Lusamine shows no sign of recovery, it appears that they consulted with Bill about Pokemon storage system stuff. Gladion has Burnet accompany Lillie to Kanto while Gladion teams up with Dulse on Solgaleo to find Faba somewhere out there in the Ultra Space.

Hau opens a store with Malasadas and Tapu Cocoa with Guzma and has Mallow help with recipes. Mallow also added a new special to her restaurant.
And Sun is seen with Kiawe delivering a bunch of boxes with Ash's hats from the previous anime seasons to a client at the Pikachu Park.
It seems like Dollar is back, and the Kommo-O outfit and Lurantis outfit (the most expensive outfits in the game) are now Kukui and Burnet's new costume.

After the call ends, Moon's sister asks if they should
start heading out, and Piplup runs up to her. Moon acknowledges that and they go.
The series ends with Sun waving away to Kiawe.
---

Pokemon Sword and Shield Chapter 1 Manga Summary
Pictures here: https://twitter.com/strawhatcrt/status/1197566109374763012

The chapter starts off with a little boy seeing a Zigzagoon saying that he heard Galar had different forms and types of known Pokemon, but seeing it in person sure is different. He notices a giant Pangoro and trips over the cliff and is saved by Sirfetch'd's Leek.

Sirfetch'd pulls its Leek Stalk out and grabs the boy while our main character offers him a hand and asks if he's okay. He says "probably" but notices a Poke Ball on someone's head and it terrifies him as it chases after him.

After clearing up confusion with Magnolia hitting the girl underneath the giant Poke Ball on the head, the boy reveals his name to be Manabu.
More misunderstandings pop up with why he was falling down, but he says it's because he saw a big pokemon and got startled.

The girl's essentially a giant nerd about Dynamax Simulators and Dynamaxing in general.The girl takes Manabu to the boy that saved him and says that they mustn't speak loudly or else... and then she does exactly that.

The boy's so focused that Manabu is surprised they're the same person. The girl calls out his nickname but he accidentally almost pokes her eyes out.
The girl explains to the Manabu that "Sou-chan" essentially is a creator for Pokemon accessories, mentioning past Pokemon who've used things as extensions.

Accessories are essential for their livelihood and also for battles. Even Grookey's stick that it has is also an accessory.

The girl has Manabu try out the Dynamax Simulator. The girl offers to show him what battling a Dynamax Pokemon is like since he doesn't have any and says she'll use her Scorbunny. The boy asks them to wait because after all this time (like 14 pages in), he has no idea who they even are.

The boy formally introduces himself as Tsurugi Soudo, but the boy can call him Sou-chan if he likes. The girl introduces herself as Tate Shirudomiria, but says to call her Shii-chan.

Professor Magnolia introduces herself and that he doesn't have to call her Maa-chan. The boy is utterly confused and asks if he's going to become a Maa-chan too (because his name is Manabu) and everyone's nicknames are essentially just the first syllable with extensions.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Ok, i take it back. Sword has an interesting thing going on.

Shield sounds like the one who will end up doing the Gym Challenge.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Platinum was referred to as her parents' "only daughter" in the first DP chap.

Unless she's not literally Moon's sister, and Moon is just using a term of endearment, that would require her to have been born post DP.

If so, that means we're at least 11 years past that. In fact, twelve due to the time skip.

Also, Sobble's there with the SwSh crew, so it's still up in the air who owns it and Grookey.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So the boy's Pokemon team could potentially consist of Pokemon revolving around items? @Lucky3 , some of those choices you pick for Sou might actually happen.

It just hit me. This looks like it's already taking place in the Wild Area and I'm thinking. That's a pretty clever way to save up time because the game has some backtracking to the hometown, so the writer can afford to skip the hometown and visit it for a certain important plotpoint.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I certainly enjoyed Faba being dragged off to some eldritch horror map way more than I should.

Lucky3

So the boy's Pokemon team could potentially consist of Pokemon revolving around items? @Lucky3 , some of those choices you pick for Sou might actually happen.
I picked them specifically because I had already seen in the leaks that he's all about Pokemon tools. So that was mostly the theme I had in mind. For Shield I went for Pokemon that seem 'wild' so to speak because she seemed pretty over-the-top. But maybe she'll get a full Gingantamaxable team like X with Megas since her thing seems to be Dynamaxing.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I certainly enjoyed Faba being dragged off to some eldritch horror map way more than I should.

It's pretty much a darkly hilarious image when you put it in juxtaposition with Faba's other incarnations. Game Faba gets demoted to intern for his immoral actions but depending on the games, he'll have the chance to become a Pokémon Champion (not that'll ever happen). Anime Faba gets demoted to Wicke's subordinate but he does his best to make up for his sins and even gets a shot to become the first Alola Champion (only to be comedically defeated by Ash's Meltan). But Faba in Pokémon Adventures? Naw, he gets to be spirited away by eldritch Pokémon who will no doubt do something horrible to him at their home as punishment for his crimes.

shoz999

It just hit me. A body that governs the Pokemon League already plays a huge role in Pokemon Adventures years before SwSh existed, the Pokemon Association. I wonder how Chairman Rose will play into the Adventures canon's Pokemon League.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
For SM-USUM, the way things ended gives me hope for a Rainbow Rocket epilogue. There are still several Z-moves to be featured and the way things ended for Faba leaves room for his return as a part of Rainbow Rocket to get revenge.

For SwSh, besides Rose's involvement in the Pokemon Association, it will be interesting to see how Kusaka will handle version exclusive Gyms. Which ones will be relegated to the Minor league. Will he use simple designs to show all the other gym leaders that the games didn't?

shoz999

For SM-USUM, the way things ended gives me hope for a Rainbow Rocket epilogue. There are still several Z-moves to be featured and the way things ended for Faba leaves room for his return as a part of Rainbow Rocket to get revenge.

For SwSh, besides Rose's involvement in the Pokemon Association, it will be interesting to see how Kusaka will handle version exclusive Gyms. Which ones will be relegated to the Minor league. Will he use simple designs to show all the other gym leaders that the games didn't?
For me, and I do think this is likely because this is a pretty easy way, but I think considering how the version-exclusive Gym Leader consist of an Older Gym Leader for one version and a younger Gym Leader for the other, what I think will happen is that the Older Gym Leader is going to think about retiring and hand down the title to the Younger Gym Leader. This makes a lot of sense especially for the 6th Gym Leader.

shadowF

Assuming Sobble goes to Sword and Scorbunny goes to Shield then who do you guys think Grookey will fit better with? Hop or Leon?

shoz999

Assuming Sobble goes to Sword and Scorbunny goes to Shield then who do you guys think Grookey will fit better with? Hop or Leon?
Hop of course. With Leon, its going to be seen off-screen a lot as often with Pokemon Champions.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yes but how much new content could it have to justify the ending. The arc just hasn't been as good to me ever since po town just my opinion

Justify what, exactly?

As for new content, plenty. There are obvious gaps in the story that were either skipped over or only merely touched upon so they can be extended or changed in the volumes.

I don't think Sun even got to use his Z-Power Ring.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Justify what, exactly?

As for new content, plenty. There are obvious gaps in the story that were either skipped over or only merely touched upon so they can be extended or changed in the volumes.

I don't think Sun even got to use his Z-Power Ring.
Justify the rushed arc that's been going on for so long. Everything seemed to be thrown at once with not proper time to grasp it. No alola mythicals not even all the z moves. The whole mohn thing faba thing and suns grandpa island thing having no real proper ending. The relationship between dollar and sun in the end was weird, and even more weird when dollar came back.....
Moons team mostly evolving offscreen or suddenly without proper time to it. I just didn't feel it. Ever since Po town this series has been rushed imo. And the bonus content won't be enough to set the pace right i doubt it. It would probably be just a few chapters. I don't blame anyone tho considering the schedule TPCI is following being fast paced and kusaka's problems with BW2. The ending felt so anti climatic. Heck in chapter 36 it didn't feel like it would end in next chapter and yet it did. It just wasnt up to the mark. That's my opinion ofc but after BW the arcs have kinda decreased in quality for me, tho BW2 is shaping up to be good with a proper conclusion, it just dragged on too long

Pokemon.Manga

Probably way too early for this, but let's make a team prediction for the new guys:
Sword:
Sobble, Sirfetchd, Polteageist, Alcremie, Mr. Rime, Arctozolt
Shield:
Scorbunny, Perrserker, Impidimp, Toxtricity, Runerigus, Dracovish,

I like your prediction with Sword's team but feel Alcremie and Arctozolt are out of place on a item based team. I feel like Shield would have a Yamper as a first pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.