• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what Alolan Meowth's shadow in the recent chapter reminds me of? Gigantamax Meowth. Another thing, when I saw the legendaries unleashing their final attack, I said, "Feel the sunshine!" when no one was around lol.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I just read the recent chapter of SM and appearently Moon is moving to Alola with her Sister, while Lillie is going to meet Bill in Kanto with Lusamine and Brunet. Also it's interesting that when Faba was talking about where he would flee to he was about to mention Galar when he got cut off.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's just such an open ending. What's the point of making faba get lost in space and having gladion go after him rather than you know, his father?
What was the point of dollar and sun breaking up exactly?
What was the point of moon and lunala? Just one moongeist beam?
What was kukui talking about what sun was doing with the money he found?
So many unanswered questions and plotlines. Doesn't feel like an ending.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Probably some , if not all, of these points will be touched upon on the full version.

XY it's getting a minor expansion, by the look of things. And that arc it's pretty much complete aside from missing attacks and Pokemon.
It's only logical that SMUSUM will also get the same treatment, but for now, we have to wait.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
What's the point of making faba get lost in space

Karma. Faba did horrible things to others and was repaid in full by having something horrible happen to him.

and having gladion go after him rather than you know, his father?

Because as horrible as Faba is, he doesn't deserve to rot in Ultra Space and also needs to be properly punished.

And what about Mohn? The guy's not even in Ultra Space. They can just search for him later. I'm guessing it's going to be a more open end like the anime.

What was the point of dollar and sun breaking up exactly?

To trick the readers. We were led to believe he only cared about the island and not his Trainer. Obviously he didn't.

Pokemon leaving their Trainers isn't an uncommon thing in this manga. Happened to Ruby and Black, too.

What was the point of moon and lunala? Just one moongeist beam?

They can extend the fight.

What was kukui talking about what sun was doing with the money he found?

You mean build the Poke Pelago? His goal? He obviously can't buy back the island, so might as well buy a different one.

So many unanswered questions and plotlines. Doesn't feel like an ending.

Because as I already stated, it's not the true ending.

I fully understand your disappointment, but you keep acting as if this is all we're going to get despite all evidence to the contrary.

ShadowForce720

So do you think at this point it's safe to say that Black 2 and White 2 Chapter will probably not going past 2020 in that Black 2 and White 2 Chapter is going to end some time next year and then by the time we get to 2021 it's going to be Pokemon Sword & Shield Chapter and something else will be the two active chapters that will be on going?

Also did the Black 2 and White 2 Chapter have two separate hiatus or something? I asked this because I noticed when looking at the Volume releases that were covering Black and White they tended to come out every few months and then the first of Black 2 and White 2 came out a few months after the last volume of Black and White came out.

Where if you then look at the 2nd Volume of Black 2 and White 2 there was suddenly about a 3 year gap between the releases of the 1st and 2nd Volume of Black 2 and White 2. Now I know Black 2 and White 2 chapter had a hiatus which explains why there is about a 3 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd volumes of Black 2 and White 2 chapter, however I'm not sure why there is a gap between the 1st and 2nd volumes of Black 2 and White 2.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
So do you think at this point it's safe to say that Black 2 and White 2 Chapter will probably not going past 2020 in that Black 2 and White 2 Chapter is going to end some time next year and then by the time we get to 2021 it's going to be Pokemon Sword & Shield Chapter and something else will be the two active chapters that will be on going?

Yamamoto confirmed a week ago that XY will start next year in volume 55, so yes.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Karma. Faba did horrible things to others and was repaid in full by having something horrible happen to him.

Because as horrible as Faba is, he doesn't deserve to rot in Ultra Space and also needs to be properly punished.

And what about Mohn? The guy's not even in Ultra Space. They can just search for him later. I'm guessing it's going to be a more open end like the anime.

To trick the readers. We were led to believe he only cared about the island and not his Trainer. Obviously he didn't.

Pokemon leaving their Trainers isn't an uncommon thing in this manga. Happened to Ruby and Black, too.

They can extend the fight.

You mean build the Poke Pelago? His goal? He obviously can't buy back the island, so might as well buy a different one.

Because as I already stated, it's not the true ending.

I fully understand your disappointment, but you keep acting as if this is all we're going to get despite all evidence to the contrary.

Faba did horrible things yes but him getting lost in ultra space and gladion going after to find him in my eyes doesn't seem a fitting end for him at all. Just my opinion. And I'll rather gladion end the manga by searching for mohn instead of faba.
Yes blacks and Ruby's Pokemon left too but it had proper story development in those cases. Here, dollar just left and we were told it is because he only cared for the island, then he somehow scares faba into oblivion and then just as suddenly is back with sun. It could have been done so much better.
Yes i understand some of the rushed feeling especially in the end can be solved by the volume, but i dont think the volume can have that much content that would solve the entire rushed problem that i myself have felt since po town. Anyways i guess we would have to wait for the SM volume to be certain at this point, tho it will probably come much later considering BW2 isn't ending before 2020

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Ball guy is in the first chapter of SwSh. This is gonna be a great series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Also did the Black 2 and White 2 Chapter have two separate hiatus or something? I asked this because I noticed when looking at the Volume releases that were covering Black and White they tended to come out every few months and then the first of Black 2 and White 2 came out a few months after the last volume of Black and White came out.

Where if you then look at the 2nd Volume of Black 2 and White 2 there was suddenly about a 3 year gap between the releases of the 1st and 2nd Volume of Black 2 and White 2. Now I know Black 2 and White 2 chapter had a hiatus which explains why there is about a 3 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd volumes of Black 2 and White 2 chapter, however I'm not sure why there is a gap between the 1st and 2nd volumes of Black 2 and White 2.
Yeah, we had a hiatus from march (or was it may?) 2018 until like april 2019

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Festiwal of starters:-D
So we have full Tepig Family and full Oshawott Family + Servine and Serperior. Any chance Hugh will get a Snivy to complete the Teams?

lolipiece

Staff member
Again, I question why they label these as first and second halves.

Especially since this one is twenty-five pages like any regular chapter.

Anyways, I'm glad Hugh is still relevant. I was worried he was done since he stopped the Colress Machine, but there's still the matter of Purrloin.

Benga has a Pignite? Guess that Tepig cameo earlier wasn't for nothing. Do wonder why Kusaka's just giving out these Starters? And now Snivy's the only one unrepresented. But that means Hugh can potentially get one without Cheren having to give up his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.