• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Why even call this a half-chapter when the page count is the same as a regular one?

So wait isn't this a full chapter or does is a half a chapter even though it's about the same page count as a full one. You know if releasing one whole B2W2 chapter is the same amount of content as split it in to two parts and then release one part one month and the next part following month I wouldn't mind and would actually prefer if they just release the whole chapter each month rather then splitting it into two parts and then making us wait another month just to get the 2nd part of the chapter.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Now THIS is how you get towards the end of the arc. Im so glad this arc isn't being rushed at all now. We are getting proper time for things to end :)
So I'm pretty sure gigi is gonna go to Whitley
Benga has a pignite
Black has Boar
Bianca has oshawott
Blake has Dewott
Cedric has samurott
Cheren has servine
White has serperior
I love this starter love lol. Pretty sure Hugh is gonna get snivy to wrap it up. Glad looker is back with Blake and now that Keldeo has caught up, looks like Blake has his full team back, Dewott gliscor kabutops Genesect Keldeo and escavelier. Colress is definitely getting his ass kicked by Blake while the rest take care of Ghetsis and the swords of justice take care of the shadow triad. Really wonder who has liepard. Can't wait for the ending !!

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
It's a mystery regarding why they continue to label the chapters as Part I and Part II. Perhaps Yamamoto would answer that if asked.

They way things are going i can see B2W2 lasting until February 2020.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pretty sure December part 2 wraps up the liepard storyline and gears up the climax. And the last chapter divided between Jan and feb would probably feature the climax and aftermath so yeah i agree that it ends by Feb 2020. Which means after that volumes, and so potential more XY ORAS SM content :))

ShadowForce720

So once B2W2 finishes and Volume 54 comes out does that mean we won't have to wait about 3 years to get volumes 55 and beyond and instead they volumes will release every few months like they use to so they can catch up to Sword & Shield?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Zinnia feelings. Except, of the two, Colress probably deserves more a stab in the guts.

The only thing I'm yearning more than ever is see DENIS losing his smug, but I think they won't let that happen that easy.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
So once B2W2 finishes and Volume 54 comes out does that mean we won't have to wait about 3 years to get volumes 55 and beyond and instead they volumes will release every few months like they use to so they can catch up to Sword & Shield?

Yes and It's already stated that Vol. 55 came out sometime next year

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's a mystery regarding why they continue to label the chapters as Part I and Part II. Perhaps Yamamoto would answer that if asked.

They way things are going i can see B2W2 lasting until February 2020.

I can't see all these lingering plot threads being properly resolved in only a single chapter, even if it's split into halves.

Plus we're gonna need a good epilogue to finish this story up.

Why not in the summer, like June or August?

Lucky3

There's no way Vol 54 is gonna go past chapter 23, specially if the second half is as big as this one. And it really doesn't seem like this is ending next month, so I guess we're getting into 55. And once we've reached that point, might as well take it easy and take as long as they need.

volcanionmaster123

There's no way Vol 54 is gonna go past chapter 23, specially if the second half is as big as this one. And it really doesn't seem like this is ending next month, so I guess we're getting into 55. And once we've reached that point, might as well take it easy and take as long as they need.

I’m pretty sure Vol 54 will only go up until Chapter 22, which was last month. This is based on how many pages of new B2W2 content we have so far was the usual size of Pokespe Japanese volumes. So today’s “half” chapter should be starting Vol 55.

As for Vol 55, they only said it was scheduled to be released sometime in 2020. That’s a pretty broad timeline. Could be early, mid or late 2020 for all we know. And since Vol 54 has yet to be released, I’d wager that 55 could see mid-late 2020 release. So no, B2W2 doesn’t have to end in Feb 2020. There’s some room.

And since we’re spending so much time on when BW2 could end... imagine if GameFreak decides to skip DP remakes and just goes straight to remaking Gen 5... oh RIP Kusaka at that point

Last edited:

Lucky3

I’m pretty sure Vol 54 will only go up until Chapter 22, which was last month. This is based on how many pages of new B2W2 content we have so far was the usual size of Pokespe Japanese volumes. So today’s “half” chapter should be starting Vol 55.

As for Vol 55, they only said it was scheduled to be released sometime in 2020. That’s a pretty broad timeline. Could be early, mid or late 2020 for all we know. And since Vol 54 has yet to be released, I’d wager that 55 could see mid-late 2020 release. So no, B2W2 doesn’t have to end in Feb 2020. There’s some room.

And since we’re spending so much time on when BW2 could end... imagine if GameFreak decides to skip DP remakes and just goes straight to remaking Gen 5... oh RIP Kusaka at that point
It's true that most volumes only have so many pages, but there are a few exceptions that have more, so it's not unprecedented. I think if Volume 54 was already complete, they'd have announced its release date already. Usually they announce it before even the last chapter of the volume is out.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I can't see all these lingering plot threads being properly resolved in only a single chapter, even if it's split into halves.
Plus we're gonna need a good epilogue to finish this story up.
Why not in the summer, like June or August?

The more chapters, the merrier. And now by looking at the list of remaining attacks there are quite a few, unless they decide to cram several in one chapter like they did with the Z-Moves in SMUSUM. Besides Yamamoto said in one of his tweets that they're taking their time to make a good ending to give too all the fans. So later than Feb 2020 it's a likely possibility.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Didn't see at first, but Zorua snuck off. I guess it's going to join the others (and hopefully be Whi-Two's third/fourth team member).

Zoroark hasn't properly appeared in any Gen V material, plus we need Night Daze to be shown off (though it doesn't need to evolve to perform the latter).

e9310103838

Until the later of XY because they will add new plots. :p

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They didn't debut all the Z moves tho. They didn't even debut all the elemental z moves. So i dont think it's necessary they include all Gen 5 moves and tbh they shouldn't, forcing it into the storyline wouldn't work. I'm happy that B2W2 is getting proper time but i have to confess im really impatient lol. If it went to August 2020..... Damn i can't wait that long. It would be like what , 7-8 years since it started.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
They didn't debut all the Z moves tho. They didn't even debut all the elemental z moves. So i dont think it's necessary they include all Gen 5 moves and tbh they shouldn't, forcing it into the storyline wouldn't work. I'm happy that B2W2 is getting proper time but i have to confess im really impatient lol. If it went to August 2020..... Damn i can't wait that long. It would be like what , 7-8 years since it started.
Which Gen V lines are missing?
They can always do PWT to debut the missing mons:)
As per Z-moves- maybe Episode Rainbow Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.