• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Japanese DS

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'm definitely going to get a DS, but I'm not especially fond of the white, so I was thinking of getting a different color imported from Japan. Does anyone know if the Japanese DSs play American games? I think they do, but I wanted to make sure.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
Yeah, you can play English games and change the options so everything is in English just like normal.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, I think that this is a good idea because Europe and more so america are limited to what colours they can get in the Ds's.

What colour would you plan to get?

Shinin

Minimalist
Japan has "ice blue" and "enamel navy" as non-white colors currently, whereas Europe currently has black (called "smart black"). Japan gets pink on the 20th and black in September.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
kaibachaoschampion said:
The PSP does, I can buy imports from my market (yes my market does sell authentic games) However I am in the UK and this is US games.
My friend is currently in Bangladesh (sp? o0) and bought his PSP here. However, he can't play any Japanese games on his PSP...it seems like it might be region locked. I'm not 100% sure though, considering I do not own a PSP. XD

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
SwampyGroudon said:
My friend is currently in Bangladesh (sp? o0) and bought his PSP here. However, he can't play any Japanese games on his PSP...it seems like it might be region locked. I'm not 100% sure though, considering I do not own a PSP. XD

Maybe the US and UK just have the same regeion codes for the PSP. I don't know. However I do know that we can play US games using a UK PSP. The PSP is my brothers, the game was Daxter.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
kaibachaoschampion said:
Maybe the US and UK just have the same regeion codes for the PSP. I don't know. However I do know that we can play US games using a UK PSP. The PSP is my brothers, the game was Daxter.
UMD = New Region Code?

I'm gonna have to call him again...*does not want another 80$ phone call*..maybe I'll e-mail him instead. ^___^;

Chris

Old Coot
DJ-Will said:
Don't forget to buy a voltage converter!
Only if they live in the UK. No one in the US really has any kind of voltage problems when it comes to importing Japanese consoles or rechargable handhelds.

As for PSP, if you're seeing new games are region locked, then it's safe to say that Sony's now making them so. Older games are reported to be completely unaffected.

Either that or Sony's patches for the PSP are making it region locked. >_>;