• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Japanese DSi points cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
um, im going to japan for a school trip in about a month and seeing as the cost of buying nintendo point cards in japan is significantly cheaper than purchasing them in Australia, i was going to buy a 5000 point card there.

this makes me wonder, i know the shops are region locked, but will the japanese nintendo points cards work with my australian DSi and wii?

Im pretty sure it would work anywhere I just thought I should check before blowing 50 dollars on somehting that might not work

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
oh ok... damn, guess Ill just have to buy them here.....

thats really annoying becasue here 5000 points costs 85 dollars whereas in Japan it would cost be a tad over 50 dollars :(

thanks anyway.

fhqwhgads

thats really annoying becasue here 5000 points costs 85 dollars whereas in Japan it would cost be a tad over 50 dollars :(

thanks anyway.
In the long run, it's probably cheaper to move from Australia to another continent.

The money you'll save basically pays for the move.

Slick

Banned
Just to let you know hiou2, since we have "roots" I'm going to Japan too. : D Not around the same time as you, but hey, whatever.
Tokyo? Check out Akihabara.

Alloute

Not Banned
What are these points of which you speak? What do you get if you save them up?

Alloute

Not Banned
Points for the DSi Shop Channel. Nintendo Points. Used for buying DSiWare games.

Like Wii Points for the Wii Shop Channel.

Lol interesting, I do not own a DSi nor do I plan to purchase one, but still.

Japan you said? On a school trip? Interesting indeed. You are so lucky.

Chris

Old Coot
ITT: Silly foreigners who think Japan is nothing but games and anime.

Seriously, quite a good chunk of the Japanese are xenophobic and don't care much for those of you who think Japan is some kind of paradise playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.