• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Japanese Language Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Also, in Japan, never order anything with "mango" in the name(mango juice,ect.) dont ask.
Alright, I won't ask. But that's gonna leave weird thoughts...

Ever listened to Japanese music? Did you understand the lyrics?
I've heard, but never really understood. Except with subtitles.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph

I listen to it more often than English music. I can understand most of it, but not perfectly, as in, I can't get it into perfect English translation..

Now I kinda understand "wa" ang "ga". How 'bout "o"?
Yeah, when is "o" used?

Normally, "wo" (NOT "o", however it is PRONOUNCE "o") is used in conjunction with [subject], or optionally with [topic] and [verb]. Saying "Watashi (watasi) ga manga wo yomi" means "I am reading the manga" I have a little page which has some Japanese I type up, HOWEVER, I made a really silly mistake somewhere. See if you can spot the mistake.

--Hitokoto no Sunji--
"Shishi" means "Lion."

--Current Song--
Sunao ni Narenai ~ Little Non

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey

I litsen to it 24/7. I have alot of JPop(Japanese Pop) Music on the computer and on my iPod. And yes sometimes I understand the lyrics on some of the music. Oh yeah good morning everyone^^

Haruka

Banned
Ohayogozaimasu, Minna.^_^
^A cookie if you know what it means.:p
Yes, I understand some lyrics.​
Hitokoto No Sunji!
"Nomimasu" means drink.​

Haritoise

To The West
I attended a few Japanese courses before, I have a lot of Japanese stuff at home in a box, and when I clean my cupboards out again, I'm going relearn everything and write down things in a book I bought specially for my learning. :)

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
*Flies in* Ooo, interesting! Been a while since I visited the Club Section, and now I come and find, whee, this! =D

Hum, anyway, if you didn't realize it yet, I wanna join. I'd like to learn Japanese, but the place I live in sucks in the sense that you can't study almost anything here. So, I've been depending on Online tutorials much, and managed to pick up few things, like saying your name, asking and answering to "what is it", etc, etc...

But you didn't care about that... sooo, yeah, me'd like to join :O

I wanna join! ^_^

I don't know much, but I am willing to learn.

Also, I'm looking for a translation:
Son of Light
I want it in as much kanji as possable and in colligraphy too.

Thanks!

Haruka

Banned
Welcome, You three!^_^
Kyogre King, Go to "Kanji Land" and that has all the kanji you will ever need, EVER.:)

Vixie

Hi all! I was just wondering if I could join. ^^

I'm still a beginner when it comes to the Japanese language. So far all I can write and read is hiragana, but I'm currently working on learning katakana. I can also speak a few basic phrases and sentances.

I have to teach myself via online resources and learning books I've bought, as I live in the middle of nowhere and there's no way to learn otherwise. But I do have a little help from my boyfriend, as he took 2 years of Japanese at his old school. XD

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
Can i join? i love *___* everything about japan and i love the language and i can sing some And watch it all the time and i can understand some

Hi Princess Katchum.
Anyway I listen to Japanese Pokemon intros/endings. Does that count?

SilverVappy

Digitality...
Can I join too?

I'm learning Japanese for a few months now on my own,
but my knowledge on Hiragana and the vocabulary/grammar is still... not very good, for the lack of a better word. :(

Deputy55

RK9 Unit
Konichiwa daredatte!

Dearou oresama hairu Denkiteki Windie?

I dont know if this right so here is the translation:

(Hello everyone!

May I join, Legendary Arcanine?)

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Konichiwa daredatte!

Dearou oresama hairu Denkiteki Windie?

I dont know if this right so here is the translation:

(Hello everyone!

May I join, Legendary Arcanine?)

Hai. (Yes.)
---
I'm bored, new topic!!11
Do you own any Japanese video games, if so how many?

I have 2 Pokemon Greens, 2 Pokemon Reds, a Pokemon Gold, Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, Zooo, Puzzle Bobble DS, Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Red, and Kururin Paradise.

I am going to order Kururin Squash and I've pre-ordered a Japanese Pokemon Diamond.

Frankie-chan

I'd like to join, please. I know a little Japanese and I'm trying to learn more ^___^

I always listen to Japanese music!
If some random person looked at my MP3, they would probably think it belonged to someone from Japan or something o_O.And I usually only understand Japanese music if I read the English lyrics ._.;

Hikui

Strange one~
Welcome everyone asking to join!
^_^
New topic!
If you own any full Japanese CDs/Movies,how many do you own?
I have sooooo many. *counts them* About 233 CDs,and 457 movies. ._.;;

~Hitokoto No Sunji~
'Hikui' which means short. xD *pokes username*

LegendaryArcanine

Dream of a Legend...
Hi, everyone

Hi, everyone! I had some problems come up today, but I still managed to get on. It looks looks like we've been busy today!

New Members!

Haritoise: Welcome to the club, Haritoise! That sounds like fun plan you got there, too!

Hi, GoldenHouou! You're welcome here, and I'm sure you'll learn lots.

Kyogre Master:
You sure can join! You might not know much now, but with a little time spent here, I'm sure you'll see improvement! Where there's a will, there's a way :).
Also, yay, a translation request! O.K. Unless I'm mis-translating this, "Son of Light" in japanese would be: hikari no musuko. That's keeping musuko (son) without the "san" part since you requested kanji mostly. Also, here's two pictures with it typed up: Horizontal and Vertical . If you have any further art/font style preferences, just let me know by PM. Thanks, again, for the translation request, Kyogre Master!

Vixie: Welcome to the Japanese Language Club, Vixie! LOL, I'm teaching myself, too (with my mom's help). Around here, they don't even sell japanese books, period! Anyways, good luck and I hope you have fun!

Princess Ketchum: Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll meet lots of people who feel the same way :).

SilverVappy: You're now "officialized" (I like that word)! If you want to work on some quick vocabulary, try reading through our previous hitokoto no sunji (word of the moment's). You might find them helpful ^ ^

Deputy55: Welcome to the club, Deputy! I've actually been waiting for you ^_^. I like your message. Keep up the good work, and I hope you have fun!

Frankie-chan: You sure can join! Where do you find the japanese music?

I'm SOOOO happy to see so many new members ^_^! In fact, this deserves a smilie: :)! Thanks everyone for becoming part of the Japanese Language Club! I'm sure we'll all continue to have a great time here!

Catch-up Comments

Hikui: Thanks for the great comment on the banner, Hikui!

MFF (Misty-Fan-Forever): That is such an AWESOME banner! Thanks for such a great contribution!

Trance: I'm not going to try any guessing this time, but thanks for giving our members a little test! Will anyone try and find out the mistake? If so, good luck!

Haruka: Thanks a bundle for helping out!

The closest I've gotten, so far, to japanese music is from Final Fantasy. I didn't really understand any of it. Of course, I haven't listened to it since before I started learning japanese. Actually, online-wise, does anyone know of a place where I could download some japanese music?

Do you own any Japanese video games, if so how many?
Nope. I'd have to import to get any, and, well, besides costs, I don't know if they'd even work on any systems here. Hmm...

Hitokoto no Sunji (Word of the Moment)
"Kodomo" means child.

Status
Not open for further replies.